The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement Post-Update: Lunaro

NezuHimeSama

Just now, Sold0ut said:

No further tuneups are needed, only for this nerf (read: Not a bugfix, that's PR speak) to be reverted for all contents that are NOT Lunaro. It was clearly done so people have to bullet jump in the Sportsball mode, and if the mobility nerf only applied to that, it would be perfectly fine.

There are quite a few quirks with terrain interaction and momentum not making a whole lot of sense that could stand to be improved, so I'll politely disagree on the first point.

2 hours ago, Finances said:

It's sorta like buying a car because it goes a certain speed you like and its been going that speed all this time, but suddenly the manufacturer of the car says it wasn't actually meant to go that fast and they change your engine while you're sleeping to go slower or the "intended," speed. 

Except the fact that you didn't buy new parkour system.

So it's sorta like your friend lets you take his car for a ride for free and after a year of using it he replaces its engine with a slower one. And you start complaining.

Edited by Ksaero

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

Except the fact that you didn't by new parkour system.

So it's sorta like your friend lets you take his car for free and after a year of using it he replaces its engine with a slower one. And you start complaining.

You buy plat, you buy skins, you buy other things because you like the game.

So your analogy only makes sense if you also bought a new paintjob for your friend's car, and changed the internal decoration, all at your own cost, and then he changed the engine to a worse one without asking you.

4 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Except the fact that you didn't by new parkour system.

So it's sorta like your friend lets you take his car for free and after a year of using it he replaces its engine with a slower one. And you start complaining.

The system was based on the frame(s) which in effect effected the "car" i bought, so yes I actually paid for the car. 

Edited by Finances

I'm one to rush missions like hell, trust me. I haven't noticed anything drastic in my movement at all, I'm still traversing maps in under a few seconds. I think people are being incredibly dramatic when they say this 'change' has "ruined the game" for them. Excessive mobility is still there. I don't know, I guess whatever happened just isn't affecting me because I wasn't using the discussed specific mechanics. The quick 1 second use of bullet jump>double jump>aim glide>roll is working fine for me as it was before, though I know it's not what's being called out here. 

Edited by LazerSkink

3 minutes ago, Finances said:

The system was based on the frame(s) which in effect effected the "car" i bought, so yes I actually paid for the car. 

Well if you've bought your warframes because of the movement system then you should actually complain about coptering because that system was present at that time.

6 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Well if you've bought your warframes because of the movement system then you should actually complain about coptering because that system was present at that time.

Heck, I could even go as far as saying that because I bought the founders pack I bought the car from the start. Even without that there are many others who invested a lot of money and time into this game. To have the rug pulled under us is a bit frustrating to say the least considering its the player-base that keeps this "car" running to begin with.

I didn't buy the frame purely for the movement the same way you don't only buy a car for the side window, but that doesn't change the fact that if the side window was suddenly removed I would be ok with it. 

I bought my frame that had the movement system in it already, if not it would just be a character select screen image that did nothing, and the coperting was a system that was discussed at the time to great length within the community. This is another change on a core movement mechanic and should be discussed as such.

Edited by Finances

13 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Coptering got a replacement of equal value, this didn't.

Hey, DE. You make the game features few people use, and implement global changes for the gameplay to fit those mods.Why don't you have this movement impairment only for those game modes exclusively like the damage for cun-clave?

You see, I'll play lunaro couple of times but I don't care about it much, but with such movement even PvE becomes annoying. Can you pls rever the old movement for PvE.Thanks.

29 minutes ago, Finances said:

Heck, I could even go as far as saying that because I bought the founders pack I bought the car from the start. Even without that there are many others who invested a lot of money and time into this game. To have the rug pulled under us is a bit frustrating to say the least considering its the player-base that keeps this "car" running to begin with.

I didn't buy the frame purely for the movement the same way you don't only buy a car for the side window, but that doesn't change the fact that if the side window was suddenly removed I would be ok with it. 

I bought my frame that had the movement system in it already, if not it would just be a character select screen image that did nothing, and the coperting was a system that was discussed at the time to great length within the community. This is another change on a core movement mechanic and should be discussed as such.

Unfortunately, the game and its every component, even our accounts, are DE's property, according to EULA. So neither you nor me do not own any of its content.

And you miss the point - I'm not saying recent parkour change is a good change and it should not be discussed. I don't like it too. It's just your comparison of a f2p game with a car I found irrelevant, nothing more.

Edited by Ksaero

24 minutes ago, Sold0ut said:

Coptering got a replacement of equal value, this didn't.

Still better than coptering was. This loss though is not something that anyone needed but also not something no one can live without.

45 minutes ago, Sold0ut said:

You buy plat, you buy skins, you buy other things because you like the game.

So your analogy only makes sense if you also bought a new paintjob for your friend's car, and changed the internal decoration, all at your own cost, and then he changed the engine to a worse one without asking you.

Wait if you spend money on your friend's car it doesn't mean he should consider it your property as well, he is still the only owner.

8 hours ago, hammerheathen said:

To be fair, Lunaro is pretty fun and actually got me into pvp (hint: I LOATHE pvp in pve games, the only pvp I sorta play is Planetside2)

That said, it has never ceased to disgust me how we are told pvp won't affect the greater game, then we get special mods attainable there (that work in pve and solve some pve problems....).... and now possibly this. Be honest, don't lie DE (we will remember). We know coding things separately can be a pain in the butt.

You know that those mods drop from Conculysts/Battalysts, right?

I think this is the first time I actually just logged out of the game instead of doing some of my dailies. The movement was just so painful. I enjoyed being able to move the way you'd expect a space-ninja would.

Movement mods are so completely unnecessary and honestly have no place in the game when you have to sacrifice valuable defensive/offensive mods that change your abilities or defenses directly. It would be silly for DE to assume this movement nerf should somehow create incentive for use of those mods.

Just now, faiznorizan said:

no wonder loki seems to have been moving like a snail lately....

yeah! He moves dramatically slower now.... I keep pressing the sprint key to make sure he's sprinting, but yep, it's on.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Banshee_agent said:

...but seriously. Was there an explanation of some sort?

They won't.Either thye just siletly leave this as it is now, in nerfed state or revert it as silently.

Personally, I think it is utterly stupid to distribute PvP mechanics for PvE.