Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Macro Use

WhiteSpheres

Question

I would like to know what DE's statement is on the use of macros. I haven't been able to find anything that really breaks down what is allowed and what is not allowed. Are keyboards that have the ability to macro a key to another key considered bannable? 

11 answers to this question

My personal rule of thumb (based on that helpful insight from DE_Adam) is nothing that allows you to get up and walk away from the computer while it does its thing.

Edited by DeltaPhantom

2 minutes ago, WhiteSpheres said:

If you have a macro that makes it so it just click 1-4 (abilities) for you is that considered bannable? 

as long as you dont completely afk and let the macro play the game you are fine, you just have to be the "player" still and in front of the keyboard 

2 minutes ago, WhiteSpheres said:

If you have a macro that makes it so it just click 1-4 (abilities) for you is that considered bannable? 

Not sure what you mean by this.

As in, pressing 1 through 4 in quick succession?

14 minutes ago, WhiteSpheres said:

Just don't try to be AFK. I mean, there is some bans for ppl who farm focus being AFK for an hour or so.

9 minutes ago, WhiteSpheres said:

I mean like if you are playing Nekros or something, is it okay to have a macro that just spams Desecrate for you?

Yes.

I am still a bit confused by incredibly clear Adam's post, so i have no idea about DE will. But expirience told me there is no action from DE while you are doen't try to go versus anti-AFK system.

But we really have no other statement, exept @AM-Bunny already provide to you.

Have fun.

Edited by -JT-_-R3W1ND

Just now, WhiteSpheres said:

I mean like if you are playing Nekros or something, is it okay to have a macro that just spams Desecrate for you?

AS FAR AS I AM AWARE, you can do that, so long as you don't AFK with it.

4 hours ago, WhiteSpheres said:

Depends on the execution. It comes down to machine assistance, a macro aiding you physically as you play the game, or botting, a macro or series of macros that require no additional input from you once active.

If you turn it on and off in short bursts, to get a few casts off in quick succession and rest your finger, you're fine.

If your aim is to turn it on and leave it on except for when you need to move, that is no longer machine assistance and can result in disciplinary action.

Would it be okay to use a keyboard with built-in macro recording to bind a melee combo into a button, so that instead of spamming E in certain tempo, you could just press a button to execute the move you wanted?