Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So is triton still the best place for Cores?

achromos

Question

7 answers to this question

Pretty much, yes, along with Hieracon. Both drops a pack of 5 R5 cores on rotation A, and I find Triton to be easier than Hieracon in a squad. You're not going to want to touch any of the other game modes- 90 seconds for an excavator is much better than 5 minutes in survival and 5 waves in defense on top of you being able to run multiple excavators at once. I would recommend going to Hieracon, though, since it's a dark sector and has increased resource drop chances, T4 keys, and those dark sector exclusive mods like life strike.

22 minutes ago, spacedkadet said:

I find sorties far better, 50 cores again tonight for about 40mins mission, doing sortie daily i'm swimming in gold cores. no need to worry about them from normal missions :)

Yeah, but Excavation allows you to do a couple things at once.  You also get keys and its much better to get cryotic when you don't need it considering when it is needed it is usually needed in large quantities. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

If you'd rather face infested, which are easily kept off extractors with a Vauban's Bastille, then Zeugma - Phobos is the lowest leveled dark sector excavation mission, within the level bracket that has 5x rare cores in the A drop table (Zeugma is 22-32, while Triton is 26-31).  With Repelling Bastille you can also drop it and leave an extractor to start another, or head to the exit, so long as it'll last until the extractor finishes, meaning you can solo 2 extractors in a little less time.

Another reason to pick this mission is that the drop tables in dark sectors give bigger credit caches for A, when you don't get the cores, while non-dark sectors like Triton give less credits, or mods that you probably have already.  Worth taking into consideration, seeing as you'll be needing credits to use those fusion cores.

The reason people go to Hieracon instead of Zeugma is because that's where you farm T4 void keys (it actually rewards T3 and T4, while Triton or Zeugma reward T2 and T3).  If you're only there for the cores then there's no point making things harder for yourself by playing the higher leveled mission, or waiting through the B and C part of the loot rotation for the next As.

See http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Excavation

Edited by polarity