Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

before you rework too much the bladestorm

VoidKnight

I was watching the dev stream, like usual, and then i hear Scott talking about the bladestorm and i freaked out..

Basicly cuz its one of the most awesome abilities in game (in my opinion), so please let me explain why bladestorm is so good for me, and maybe there is more ppl who agree with this. Bladestorm is as powerfull as most of the damage dealer oriented frames so its not about its an OP ability and i want it to stay like that, the cool thing about bladestorm is the animation and the ofensive and defensive capability of the ability, i just love the way it works showing me the way my clones and i kill the enemies, the fact that it renders me inmune to damage during the animation is compensated by the fact i cant do anything else during the animation so, for me, it feels fair. Im not saying the ability is perfect, ofc there is a lot of room to improve it, like not getting stuck hitting targets like the one Inaros is devouring... and like that there is others frames and wepons abilities that makes bladestorm to stuck in a single target for too long. I wont talk about end game, cuz ppl will say, well if that ability wont work at end game, use another, and ya they are probly right, maybe a little idea to make bladestorm more viable against strong units could be.. like letting me press again 4 when in my screen im attacking a strong unit, and at that point all the clones leave their targets and all focus attacking the unit i choosed (when i casted the bladestorm again) so it will improve the damage in only 1 target, at the cost of not doing damage on other units, and add the "fun" or "not so easy" component when i have to be good at timing the skill, it wont help to try this if its my last target cuz there would be no more clones to help me kill it. Maybe a chance to proc the elemental damage from my meele weapon, a fixed one or a reduced one, fine... but a chance :) And finally if you want to make it even more awesome... add other animations, new animation for the finishers.. that will keep us Ash fans droolin at the screen.

Ty guys, i hope this is taken as a positive feedback more than a "dont touch my loved frame abities" rant, cuz is not, i just want to make sure to share what is Ash special for me.

So what your saying is not make it "Like Embers world on fire but with clones"? I legitimately cringed when I heard that, and I know they said that probably wasn't going to be what it was in the end but it still made my heart sink. I know you can come up with something better DE. If I wanted to play Ember I would play Ember. There is a joke about embers and ashes somewhere in here... 

I've come to accept that bladestorm will probably be reworked soon, and probably destroyed in the process, but please please please DE don't make it a re-skin of another ability. Also, world on fire is kind of a terrible choice if you were going for making it more engaging to use.

Edited by Rabidbluedeath

Even if Bladestorm is essentially a nuke at the very least it provides a unique visual and thematic appeal fitting for the frame itself. I can get behind Bladestorm getting reworked for better interactivity but please DE for the love of everything keep that appeal of Bladestorm to whatever you turn it into.

Ash is an assassin, he should be actively partaking in the killing himself, which is why so many people like the feel of erratically teleporting aroung and stabbing people and want to keep that badly. He is not an AoE guy and he isn't a caster that hangs back to create something that does the killing for him, so please whatever you do do not let the clones do all the work, Ash himself needs to participate primarily.

I know Scott said it was OP and didn't like it in the end, but the fact that he tought of it as a possibility is scary, let alone the fact that we don't know if he'll just adjust the stats or rework the whole ability altogether. I want to say that whatever you turn Bladestorm into, make it something unique and fun to play; an AoE aura of death for Ash is just boring, it fits and feels fine on Ember because she is all about fiery explosions but Ash is completely different for reasons stated above in this post.

Please don't confuse "interactivity" with just running around as if the ability is a passive.

We don't just want to send out clones, we want to be the ones doing the killing. Having it be a clone aura or just casting a clone to kill while we continue shooting, or making a ninja rumbler, is boring and is not a fit for his style.

MAKE ASH INVOLVED in whatever BS rework you do...Please!

Edited by Hypernaut1

3 hours ago, MindHoney said:

What if you change the ability to be single target and all the extra clones kill everything in X rang when your target falls. That way he can olay the assion and kill very important targets.

Isn't that what it is right now?