Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SOLVED] How many enemies can be at the map at the same time?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

12 answers to this question

It's going to vary by mission type, difficulty, and player count.  For performance reasons, in general there should only be a maximum of 30-40 enemies on the map at a time.  Extreme cases like "omg there's 75 enemies in here" are.... extreme. Something broke.

Just now, Cyborg-Rox said:

Terrify

Oh. Well I have encountered 57 in one room. I was running Loki and when I saw the room was crouded AF I tore it down with my Soma Prime. I then just invis'ed the whole missiom and the end screen said 57 killed. Thats quite a lot because I did not encounter anymore enemies then. 

2 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Terrify

Way more than you'll ever be able to build that skill for. Source: experience. I find that as long as you have just a bit of power strength terrify will always be able to hit all the infested that can swarm you due to it's short range.

Just now, taiiat said:

accurate answers [to this] can only be provided by decompiling the entire game (not recommending trying it), or Digital Extremes giving an answer.

Huh, alright then. I always thought there was a definite answer, and I'd just forgotten about it.
The reason I want to know is so I can estimate how many enemies won't be affected by a single cast of my Creeping Terrify. At a 31m radius, I'd take it a 75% slow on 25 max enemies would do unless maps get too crowded.

Just now, Momaw said:

It's going to vary by mission type, difficulty, and player count.  For performance reasons, in general there should only be a maximum of 30-40 enemies on the map at a time.  Extreme cases like "omg there's 75 enemies in here" are.... extreme. Something broke.

Alright, that's an answer I can work with.

15 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Way more than you'll ever be able to build that skill for. Source: experience. I find that as long as you have just a bit of power strength terrify will always be able to hit all the infested that can swarm you due to it's short range.

Well yeah, no way I was looking at building for entire maps. I just wanted to know how big the crowd I'd be missing would be.

9 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Well yeah, no way I was looking at building for entire maps. I just wanted to know how big the crowd I'd be missing would be.

Really anyone you're missing is going to be due to range 90% of the time, even with most infested missions where they're after your booty. I personally have a decent amount of efficiency and just spam it two to three times when I know the situation is bad to make sure I'm safe. Just a shame Terrify breaks every single update so it has no effect until they fix it again five updates later......