Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What part of Limbo would you change?

Bleak-Knight

i would make rift surge integretaed into rift. make him super tanky when in rift and allow pickups, and make rift surge and ability which causes dmg to all enemies in rift and scales with the enemies amount, 20% more per dude?

IMHO limbo does not need a rework as he works perfectly the way he is. and he is not 1 and 4 focused. 2 is his main ability. you stay rift walked and when you want to kill something you pull it into the rift with you using banish. this allows you to kill harder targets like high level ancients at your leisure. keep rift surge going to make them die easier when they are in the rift. only use the rift bubble for team mates or to defend an objective or choke point. many warframe abilities (like a frost snowglob or avalance and ashs bladestorm) work from whithin the rift just fine. making a safe spot for you team that makes them nearly invincible and regenerates their energy so they can spam their best stuff allows limbo to be useful at every level. just because he does not completely wreck face doesn't mean he needs a rework, it means you have to learn to use him correctly. :)

Edited by (XB1)DERPY SMOOG

my problem with limbo is that hes based off of a stupid gimmick and that is going into the rift and literally being able to do jack hek in it. He can't deal any damage to be useful. He's very squishy so in late game even if you banish an enemy they will just Ruk you, the stupid no pickups.

Honestly he should have abilities that have something to do with the rift but be able to be useful with or without the others. Have his #1 ability act like ivaras in that pressing it banishes a target and holding it banishes limbo, and make rift surge apart of that ability. This alone literally frees two ability slots to give him some other awesome power. His #4 is actually alright. But it needs to allow pickups while inside it. And also give some kind of buff to players and debuff to enemies. He should have some kind of teleport ability using the rift. And I had an ability idea that let him open small rifts all around enemies, that functions kind of like Mprime, but it allows him to fire his weapon and hit all enemies effected by the ability. But yeah give him unique powers that can be stand alone yet able to have synergy with each other. #downwithgimmikframe.

28 minutes ago, (XB1)DERPY SMOOG said:

i dont. i follow my team and banish them in and out to help them say alive. limbo is a team player when used right.

I would much rather die and be able to grab my loot than be banished. I got 6 revives so I hate being banished. I roll everytime

wow. i am surprised by how many people dont think he is good as is. i hate being trolled by limbo users as well. i never banish people in matchmaking without asking first. i thought that was just common courtesy. i guess i spend more time with teams that have good communication. i agree that limbo can be annoying when used with randoms, and without a plan but that doesn't mean he is a bad frame.

1 hour ago, Senketsu_ said:

my problem with limbo is that hes based off of a stupid gimmick and that is going into the rift and literally being able to do jack hek in it.

the rift is limbos whole point. if you dont like it dont use him. but demanding that a frame be changed to make a few people happy is just plain wrong. every frame is suppose to be different.i personally dont like using Rhino because i find him to be boring to play. should i demand up and down the forums that rhino be made more fun specially for me? no i should find a frame that is fun for me and play it. Limbo is squishy because he is suppose to spend most if his time in the rift where he cant be hurt. and if you cant do jack hek in it your just doing it wrong. 

and for the record all the frames are based on a gimmick. That is kind of the point.

Edited by (XB1)DERPY SMOOG

7 hours ago, (XB1)DERPY SMOOG said:

wow. i am surprised by how many people dont think he is good as is. i hate being trolled by limbo users as well. i never banish people in matchmaking without asking first. i thought that was just common courtesy. i guess i spend more time with teams that have good communication. i agree that limbo can be annoying when used with randoms, and without a plan but that doesn't mean he is a bad frame.

the rift is limbos whole point. if you dont like it dont use him. but demanding that a frame be changed to make a few people happy is just plain wrong. every frame is suppose to be different.i personally dont like using Rhino because i find him to be boring to play. should i demand up and down the forums that rhino be made more fun specially for me? no i should find a frame that is fun for me and play it. Limbo is squishy because he is suppose to spend most if his time in the rift where he cant be hurt. and if you cant do jack hek in it your just doing it wrong. 

and for the record all the frames are based on a gimmick. That is kind of the point.

clearly he is based off the rift. If you read my whole post you might actually understand my point. All other frames have abilities that don't need to rely on just one power, yet still offer synergy. Limbo literally has three abilities that just exist to put thing into the rift and nothing else then one other ability to very slightly buff him while he's in the rift. That's a gimmik. Banishment didn't deal enough damage to warent using it on enemies and jts more of a hindrance to player then a blessing. Riftwalk literally takes him out of combat and makes him useless for team play.

DE could have done so much more with his Rift walker theme and completely missed the mark. So I'm really hoping that he gets a drastic ability overhaul. Because right now Limbo is the most useless frame in the game. I own all of them so I have had a chance to play with them all. I know from experience.

8 hours ago, (XB1)DERPY SMOOG said:

a gimmik and a kit modeled after a theme are two completely different things. Furthermore when the Design council was tasked with coming up with powers for him we were told that he was going to be a rift sorcerer. There were so many better abilities pitched that fit his "rift sorcerer" theme better then the gimmik three abilities he has. Cataclysm was the only one that was seemed to taken from the pitched ideas. Hek me and at least two other people pitched the ability verbatim to what cataclysm is. The name I gave it was pocket dimension. Another called it rift bubble. And another called it void explosion. Either way there were so many better abilities pitched by the DC that fit his theme without being a gimmik.

Integrate Rift Surge inside the rift

Reduce its damage multiplier if you want, but give him give him damage reduction 

Make banish a AoE ability when cast towards a surface.

At the moment, as soon as level rises, if you aren't strongly assisted, you can hardly put more than one enemy at the same time inside the rift without they killing you cuz u weak af.

11 hours ago, TennoPain said:

I hate his ''POWERS'' THEY HURT MY EYES .... im not kiding i hate it 

I quit every game if limbo joins in 

Its not that serious, You gotta be petty as hell to feel that way but it is what it is bra.

Limbo's rift plane reminds me of Borderlands 2 with the cell shaded back ground