The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiation Hazard Sorties Tricks

(PSN)Crixus044

So some of my friends were telling me that radiation hazard sorites are too hard for them to do on their own because of the high enemy level, as well as radiation hazards being too hard because of friendly fire in conjunction with radial damage abilities and the high enemy level. After helping them out, I offered them some advice, which they said they didn't know about, so for those who don't know about this, I sill explain thusly. If  an enemy can proc radiation status, then they'll do it to anyone, including enemies. Naramon focus, Nyx Chaos, Oberon's Reckoning, or Irratiating Disarm become eternal with these missions, because enemies will shoot eachother, proccing more radiation on eachother in a never ending cycle. Radiation Hazard Interception becomes stupid easy with a tank/invis and friendly fire crowd control. Infested ancients become almost worthless because they take procs from linked allies and lose the link when procced with radiation, so any enemy with a radiation proc fighting a linked ally or the ancient itself will proc it with a radiation proc, destroying the ancient's link. Grineer high rate of fire weapons ensure procs on friendly fire.

I personally find radiation hazard missions helpful for me, but then again, I say the same thing with low gravity missions (nightmare/hive) and vampire missions (nightmare/rathuum). Enjoy these neat tricks.

• Like 1

Is it supposed to be hard? I heard casting bladestorm when you are radiated will be the ticket to a free mission success but your teammates will need revival.

Jokes aside the radiation hazard is only a threat during defence, if the operative becomes radiated they'll not only shoot you with whatever secondary you gave them but you can't revive them. Nyx Chaos especially will royally screw the defence mission over.

Best fun is when u ID 2 grineer units and they end up fighting each other and continously proc each other with radiation. Even told my teammates to stop killing and come watch. Had the battle lasted longer, might have been worth taking bets on who would win lol.

36 minutes ago, Mastikator2 said:

Does that really work?

Yup. You gotta be quick though, since Radiation doesn't last long, Petrify needs time to turn them to stone, and they would be moving around...

But if you get those conditions right and mod for duration... they can't do anything but bleedout :D

56 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

I must know too. 
I also want to know if you can devour teammates with Inaros.

You can. I have, but it was due to getting hit by a laser in the Void then hitting 2. I ate my partner's kubrow. It was hilarious.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)BrutalReaper32 said:

LOL.
did you like the kubrow meat?

Sure did! I downed my partner with Devour too. They didn't know what happened, but I did. :3

I miss playing laser tag on Void defense. It's something I generally reserved for clanmate play but if you had a good team that was having fun together, getting hit by a laser and attacking the team while you had down time between waves was a great way to alleviate some of the grind-stress. It could and often backfire, however, and I'd end up downed before I managed to do anything untoward.

I add a serious but fun method:

instead of killing your teammates, play a max duration trinity, and reflect the procs to the enemies. While you take 1/16 damage (with both link and blessing active with at least 150% power strength) ennjoy watching those lvl100 mobs slaughtering each other

Radiation proc is so irrelevant, I managed to kill my teammate, like, two times total since the sorties introduction. Those couple of seconds the proc is on are just not enough to find a teammate and make a good shot, giving the high dynamic of the game.

36 minutes ago, WindigoTP said:

Radiation proc is so irrelevant, I managed to kill my teammate, like, two times total since the sorties introduction. Those couple of seconds the proc is on are just not enough to find a teammate and make a good shot, giving the high dynamic of the game.

For radial and continuous powers, it can cause issues. World on Fire and Spores especially comes to mind.

1 hour ago, Krumplifej said:

I add a serious but fun method:

instead of killing your teammates, play a max duration trinity, and reflect the procs to the enemies. While you take 1/16 damage (with both link and blessing active with at least 150% power strength) ennjoy watching those lvl100 mobs slaughtering each other

Thank you. This is another good method

• 7 years later...

Radiation hazard zones are where your radiation damage, whether from your weapons or skills, has friendly fire and can hit or kill teammates, defensive objects, e.g. Operator etc. Anything to make the mission fail. Also, such maps have darker radiation zones, where your or your ally's HP degenerates, and whether a defended NPC can enter and die on its own.

And right now in the game, e.g. the drowned operator does not make any sound about its state, nor can be found on screen, where he is exactly for some reason. Game has issues currently. This makes the mission extremely difficult. Unless players come who really know what they are doing and bring healing (eg Wisp or other frames), shields (eg Protea), etc... To protect & shield well the operator during Defense missions.

I explaining this to each players with which I play those missions. Enough to pick eg. Vauban and Mobile Defense on Rad Hazard zone will be failed very soon, from his skills.

5 minutes ago, Arnvidhr said:

Radiation hazard zones are where your radiation damage, whether from your weapons or skills, has friendly fire and can hit or kill teammates, defensive objects

You do realise that this is a 7 year old thread, & you just explained something everyone here already knows, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -Krism- said:

You do realise that this is a 7 year old thread, & you just explained something everyone here already knows, right?

I meet frequently players which have no any idea about rad hazard zones and failing them very often. This still needs explanation. Maybe some knew, 7 years ago, but not today, not most of players for sure. They have no any idea about it. It is not widely known, but very rarely. Then You can't win with such teams, forced to explain to each of them how it works, what is annoying, why I decided to write here.

1 minute ago, Arnvidhr said:

I meet frequently players which have no any idea about rad hazard zones and failing them very often. This still needs explanation.

I reiterate:

5 minutes ago, -Krism- said:

you just explained something everyone here already knows, right?

Here? where? You just trolling? Wasting time? I search for good method now to finish it, when team have no idea how to play it, sort of with single frame, while as well today drowned operator not shown where he is, so need a method which don't require to resurrect him all the time, as this is impossible thanks to game changes, something they bugged. I see interesting method with trinity, but I don't know this frame, to use this method... And you just messing around with your irrelevant or off-topic bullS#&$ here.