Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual nikanas

Hiryusen

I was just wondering...

Is it possible for the devs to make a dual nikana weapon?

Like a katana+wakizashi weapon, similar with the Onikiri and Ubadachi from Dark Souls 3, with a kick-&#! new stance and everything?

Maybe with stats equal to the nikana prime?

I know it's a lot of work, and i probabily sound like a selfish little twat, wich i probabily am, but what do you guys think?

Personally, i think it would kick all sorts of &#! and add some variety to a much loved weapon class.

23 minutes ago, Hiryusen said:

they are kinda meh...

That's what I'm getting at. They're pretty awkward to use in terms of their combos. But Dual Nikanas don't really need to be a separate weapon class if the Dual Swords get some polish in their combos, and maybe another stance.

2 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

That's what I'm getting at. They're pretty awkward to use in terms of their combos. But Dual Nikanas don't really need to be a separate weapon class if the Dual Swords get some polish in their combos, and maybe another stance.

not gonna lie, i don't really care about dual swords

with so many good weapons at hand, i can simply ignore them

1 minute ago, Hiryusen said:

Then why suggest this then?

For all we know, DE implements dual nikanas in the Dual Swords category, and with the weird stances (I find them weird personally), things will be difficult to use.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)IroncladBomber said:

Can Machetes get some love.

Yes please.

1 minute ago, p3z1 said:

Then why suggest this then?

For all we know, DE implements dual nikanas in the Dual Swords category, and with the weird stances (I find them weird personally), things will be difficult to use.

i was hoping they did't get implemented in the dual swords category.

i was hoping they'd be thrown in with the other nikanas, and get a more fluid stance.

i always liked blind justice because the combos are easy to pull off, useful in varied situations and very effective. it would be so awesome without the $&*&*#(%& reverse grip.

1 minute ago, Hiryusen said:

i was hoping they did't get implemented in the dual swords category.

i was hoping they'd be thrown in with the other nikanas, and get a more fluid stance.

i always liked blind justice because the combos are easy to pull off, useful in varied situations and very effective. it would be so awesome without the $&*&*#(%& reverse grip.

We have enough weapon categories in-game IMO, and some of them are neglected already (polearms and machetes, latter having some news already). Some newer weapons even have more than 1 stance (Nikanas) while some only have 1 and are old (Machetes, again).

Hell, some stances need a rework already, since they are lackluster.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)xKAIOWAx said:

If we have tons of stupids weapons , why make resistance against really cool weapons ?  We need dual nikanas and specials stances , if nikana dont use regular sword stances make sense dual nikanas dont use dual swords stances too 

Nami Solo doesn't use regular Sword stances, and yet Nami Skyla uses Dual Sword stances.

42 minutes ago, Hiryusen said:

So you're suggesting that we focus on the Nikanas because they're already good and the dual swords are bad? This is so reverse that my head hurts. With so many good weapons which are not dual swords, we should instead aim to make dual swords less trash instead of focusing on something that's already good.

While Nikanas are cool, they already got lots of attention (3 different stances, 3 different weapons) to make them very viable for normal plays. Now I wouldn't care that much about dual swords if there were only 1-2 weapons in the category.

But instead, we have 14 weapons with most of them being useless because of the lackluster stances (Iron Phoenix/Sundering Weave grade) or the bad stats (like Nami Skyla). And if DE decides to make dual Nikana, they'll most likely include it in the dual swords category, which means one extra mastery fodder unless it has godlike stats that can make it viable for high levels or DE decides to add a high quality stance like Astral Twilight/Blind Justice.

So I'd rather have DE fix dual swords first before adding dual Nikana, unless you fancy another disaster like the Dark Split-Sword. Plus, as I mentioned earlier, the Nikana series already got too much attention from the devs.

32 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

We have enough weapon categories in-game IMO, and some of them are neglected already (polearms and machetes, latter having some news already). Some newer weapons even have more than 1 stance (Nikanas) while some only have 1 and are old (Machetes, again).

Hell, some stances need a rework already, since they are lackluster.

Also this. We should aim to fix weapons like dual swords and machetes first instead of adding new weapon types.

PS: I do agree that DE should include dual Nikanas in a different class than dual swords, but not before they fix more urgent matters like machetes and dual swords.

Edited by Jangkrik

1 hour ago, Omega-Shadowblade said:

New stances for them have already been leaked so something is planned.

drekar manic bombard eximus dropping a new stance for something isnt really a way to fix it.... their stats are quite disastrous alone