Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just saw a Tonkor in Assault Rifle Only Sortie...

Magneu

On 24/06/2016 at 2:38 AM, Magneu said:

...could someone please explain why this is allowed? It's pretty obvious why this is not ok.

why it is not ok ? cause they use snip munition ? is that case put them in the sniper sortie

2 hours ago, Soketsu said:

why it is not ok ? cause they use snip munition ? is that case put them in the sniper sortie

I wouldn't classify a grenade launcher as an assault rifle for obvious reasons; it fires explosive projectiles, not bullets.Same reason bows aren't allowed in assault rifle only sorties.

And I think the last thing we should do is put launchers in sniper sorties. Say goodbye to any challenge in those missions ever again; forget about accuracy, just lob grenades everywhere. 

Ideally, explosives would have their own category for sorties. That many explosives in one missions just sounds hilarious.

15 minutes ago, Magneu said:

I wouldn't classify a grenade launcher as an assault rifle for obvious reasons; it fires explosive projectiles, not bullets.Same reason bows aren't allowed in assault rifle only sorties.

And I think the last thing we should do is put launchers in sniper sorties. Say goodbye to any challenge in those missions ever again; forget about accuracy, just lob grenades everywhere. 

Ideally, explosives would have their own category for sorties. That many explosives in one missions just sounds hilarious.

for the change that would make to game....

As weird as it might be that Assault Rifles include all Launchers, what is worse is: There is NOTHING in the UI telling us what weapon categories each weapon belong to. This is particularly bad for melee weapons (due to stances). Which is not the only thing missing in the UI (like range/reach/radius, punchthrough, ammotype, max ammo etc etc)

On 6/23/2016 at 7:55 PM, IceColdHawk said:

Chroma player here, i don't know what you're talking about.

Hide contents

50gS8eZ.jpg

Well, that's a rank 27 grineer light unit. Are you able to do that sustainable against a rank 100 napalm, bombard or heavy gunner? add increased armor condition, or no full cp, or corrosive/radiation enemy boost condition and these 800 bullets will be gone well before you know it.

6 hours ago, nms. said:

Well, that's a rank 27 grineer light unit. Are you able to do that sustainable against a rank 100 napalm, bombard or heavy gunner? add increased armor condition, or no full cp, or corrosive/radiation enemy boost condition and these 800 bullets will be gone well before you know it.

Because of ridiculous armor resistance. They're the only enemies in the game with a scaling, percentile-based damage resistance.

Edited by Vaskadar

36 minutes ago, ashrah said:

so if we get tonkor vandal u would not use it?

I like my games to have at least a little challenge, thanks. Even if that's apparently a buzzword for many Warframe players.

Being able to use a launcher in an assault rifle challenge should be an oversight, as it breaks the spirit of the intent of the challenge. It would be the same as a heavy blade challenge allowing people to use a dagger with Covert Lethality .

Ideally, there should not be any limited weapon condition allowing launchers.  As, the point of a weapon limitation is that load-out is supposed to be a handicap and the only one launchers have is their inability to be used safely in melee range. The only time it would be a clear handicap to use an explosive weapon (due to their self damage) would be on a non-defense infested mission, but it would have to exclude equipping Tonkor. 

Edited by LazyKnight

38 minutes ago, (PS4)DarkTruth45 said:

Nerf Tonkor please and Simulor.

I agree with tonkor, and I'm fine with the simulor being good as its an MR 12 weapon. I do think the interaction with mirage should be addressed but everyone shouldn't be punished as a result.