Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Newly released info about Lotus from Prime Time intro (should we take this sincerely?)

sir_deadlock

33 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

Somebody take note. Rebecca is Lotus, that means the intro was all cannon by default unless otherwise denied!

• Lotus likes keeping up with fashion.
  • Lotus eats meat and enjoys chicken. There's reason to believe she consumes (and enjoys) infested meat as a source of sustenance. She also knows how to cook tacos.
  • Lotus does not like swamp juice.
  • Lotus has heightened senses and cyborg augments.
  • Lotus has a warframe based philosophy about life.
  • Lotus is in all the dojos and can physically be in multiple places at once. Alternatively, all dojos could potentially have a physical nexus of some sort which Lotus resides in.
  • Lotus has the power of flawless hiding/invisibility or is in a yet unreachable area.
  • Lotus is bald... all over. She also does not have tattoos anywhere.
  • Lotus has no siblings.
  • Lotus' has a dad, they're involved in some kind of legal battle.
  • Lotus' grandfather did exist and is gone and she seems to not like that.
  • Lotus is an otaku familiar with ancient Earth media and enjoys heavy metal music.
  • Tenshin is an ancient spirit from memories past. Alternatively, the voices in the Lunaro stadium could be recordings. "Ghosts of memories past" and "ancient spirits" could be another way of saying recordings.
  • Lotus is not a time traveler.
  • Lotus takes time to do a workout routine.
  • Lotus' helmet has added support to counter the weight, which means her neck is not super strong (or her helmet is super heavy).
  • Lotus is gender fluid.
  • Lotus does what all moms do: cleans stuff with their spit. (let me just get that for you *licks thumb*)

19 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

Um.... have played The Second Dream? XD

I played it once. As far as I know we can't replay quests yet (would be nice).

*watches

Ooooh, okay.

Edited by sir_deadlock
put video in spoiler

16 minutes ago, CKNPOTPIE said:

I dont think all of this should be taken sincerly (tacos, heavy metal, stuff like that) because that seems like a joke. I would pay more attention to the legit warframe based stuff, but I doubt if any of this is true. 

you know this isn't that serious , it was in prime time , nothing is serious there >_>

1 minute ago, CKNPOTPIE said:

I dont think all of this should be taken sincerly (tacos, heavy metal, stuff like that) because that seems like a joke. I would pay more attention to the legit warframe based stuff, but I doubt if any of this is true. 

Sometimes when voice actors say stuff about their characters at convention discussions it becomes cannon. So I remain skeptical. But they treated it like an actual (and super casual) interview with Lotus and some of the answers seemed legit (though it is interesting that she says the twin grakata isn't the "real grakata").

3 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

Sometimes when voice actors say stuff about their characters at convention discussions it becomes cannon. So I remain skeptical. But they treated it like an actual (and super casual) interview with Lotus and some of the answers seemed legit (though it is interesting that she says the twin grakata isn't the "real grakata").

Personally, I don't think any of this is going to become cannon for the character, it could be, but I dont think it will.

1 minute ago, CKNPOTPIE said:

Personally, I don't think any of this is going to become cannon for the character, it could be, but I dont think it will.

Fair enough.

Question for you though: would any of those things make good fan art? And if yes, which would you be most interested in seeing?

2 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

Fair enough.

Question for you though: would any of those things make good fan art? And if yes, which would you be most interested in seeing?

Lotus browsing latest fashion trends while eating a chicken taco.

4 minutes ago, VampirePirate said:

I can't even take this thread seriously.

I thought the stream was just a joke.

It was, which is why I dont think any of this is to be taken as serious information

Edited by CKNPOTPIE
i had stuff to add

2 hours ago, sir_deadlock said:

Somebody take note. Rebecca is Lotus, that means the intro was all cannon by default unless otherwise denied!

• Lotus has heightened senses and cyborg augments.
  • Lotus has the power of flawless hiding/invisibility or is in a yet unreachable area.
  • Lotus is bald... all over. She also does not have tattoos anywhere.
  • Lotus has no siblings.
  • Lotus' has a dad, they're involved in some kind of legal battle.
  • Lotus' grandfather did exist and is gone and she seems to not like that.
  • Tenshin is an ancient spirit from memories past. Alternatively, the voices in the Lunaro stadium could be recordings. "Ghosts of memories past" and "ancient spirits" could be another way of saying recordings.
  • Lotus is not a time traveler.

I think these all could be canon in some way. (Spoilers may follow!)

The first one is obvious since she's a Sentient. The second one must be true since nobody knows where she's based. I think the third is likely because it fits what we know about Orokin and post-Orokin humans, and Lotus probably has a replication of Margulis's body.

The next three may tell us interesting things about the Sentients. Of course, we know Lotus is engaged in opposition with her father, Hunhow. And Sentients seem to have a concept of family, so it's conceivable that Lotus's grandfather died in the Great War or before it and she is sad about this. But the first of this trio seems the most interesting... we know the Sentients had huge armies, but evidently Hunhow had no other children? This may mean Lotus and Hunhow are part of some kind of Sentient royal lineage, where each new one is intended to succeed their parent. On the other hand, Hunhow called Lotus "last of [his] womb," so maybe this only means her siblings are all dead.

I'm very curious to see what this means regarding Teshin. And as for the last one, that seems pretty much certain canon.

1 hour ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Tbh  I think lotus is margulis' dead body reanimated by natah who used her body to get close to the tenno that's why Rebecca voices both of them

That's an interesting concept. It complies with the fact that the lotus is of Sentient descent, but does not look anything like one.