Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Players Keep Getting Kicked When I Host. Why?

OdstPrimeGamer

Question

Ok, so I have been playing for a while and everything was perfect. But recently I have been having a lot of problems, first I started to lag A LOT, (had to lower my graphics), and now every time I host players keep getting kicked out. Not just one one or two players keep getting kicked but all players keep getting kicked. I am getting really pissed because after all players get kicked out, some will not come back and just completely ignore me. So pls help me on how to fix it, or at least reduce the chances of all players getting kicked.

16 answers to this question

Could be any number of things. It may be your PC's software firewall (that's part of your Operating system), it may be a hardware firewall built into your router or internet modem, it may be a hardware failure occurring on your router or modem (i.e. it loses connection to the internet for a split second or so--just long enough to trigger host migrations in other players but not long enough to be noticeable while you're playing a game), it might be a problem with the game itself with certain game modes...

There are too many unknowns to specifically say "It's your PC" or "It's your ISP", etc. The best bet would be to Contact Support with a ticket filed under "Technical or Networking". But before you do, you should perform a few steps to prepare everything you need to assist DE's support staff in diagnosing the issue. You will likely need to provide your EE.log file (located in "C:\Users\<Your Windows Account>\appdata\local\Warframe\"), but you need to make sure it actually contains log data from the event in question; the big problem is that the EE.log is deleted and recreated each time you start the game. This means that to get log data from the event in question, you'll need to start your game, play a few rounds as the host, and make sure that players get kicked from your game--as this is the event we want to record in the EE.log. Once players are kicked from your game, you should close Warframe and make a copy of your EE.log (from the location specified in bold above) and have it ready to send to support staff if they request it. With the EE.log, they'll be able to see what specifically is happening in your game at the time of other players getting kicked from your matches.

Me too, it's been since lunaro 5 or 4, i have lags and when i host everyone is kicked, the people that join again are also kicked, and when i join a game i also loose the connection to the host sometimes :/

@OdstPrimeGamer

I used to have the same problem until I found out that my router reconnects every few minutes. This interruption caused to kick players in my group when I hosted. Check your router log to see if it behaves the same way and possibly investigate how to turn the periodic reconnect off.

1 hour ago, Letter13 said:

Could be any number of things. It may be your PC's software firewall (that's part of your Operating system), it may be a hardware firewall built into your router or internet modem, it may be a hardware failure occurring on your router or modem (i.e. it loses connection to the internet for a split second or so--just long enough to trigger host migrations in other players but not long enough to be noticeable while you're playing a game), it might be a problem with the game itself with certain game modes...

There are too many unknowns to specifically say "It's your PC" or "It's your ISP", etc. The best bet would be to Contact Support with a ticket filed under "Technical or Networking". But before you do, you should perform a few steps to prepare everything you need to assist DE's support staff in diagnosing the issue. You will likely need to provide your EE.log file (located in "C:\Users\<Your Windows Account>\appdata\local\Warframe\"), but you need to make sure it actually contains log data from the event in question; the big problem is that the EE.log is deleted and recreated each time you start the game. This means that to get log data from the event in question, you'll need to start your game, play a few rounds as the host, and make sure that players get kicked from your game--as this is the event we want to record in the EE.log. Once players are kicked from your game, you should close Warframe and make a copy of your EE.log (from the location specified in bold above) and have it ready to send to support staff if they request it. With the EE.log, they'll be able to see what specifically is happening in your game at the time of other players getting kicked from your matches.

Ok, I'm gonna see if reporting it helps, thank you so much

Edit: I cannot seem to find my account in users

Edit : I did some research on how to find it and I just went to RUN (windows key + R) typed in %localappdata%/warframe and found the ee.log file, thank you so much for your help again.

Edited by OdstPrimeGamer