Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would DE delete a character for me?

(PSN)J-CAMPS

Question

Hi. I haven't played this game since day3 or so when it came to PS4. I heard a lot has changed and much better now so I was going to give it a chance. I did the (new) movement tutorial and I noticed I still have my level 9 character. I looked in the settings and can't find a "Delete Character". I did google and apparently you can't unless you contact DE support. :(

Has anyone ever had a character deleted from customer support?. I have no idea what to do in WF now so I want to start from fresh.

16 answers to this question

Warframe isn't really a game where you have multiple characters. Your Warframe is just a piece of equipment, like your weapons. 

Have you done Vor's Prize yet? Go to your Codex (left console as you're coming up the ramp in your orbiter), open up Quests, and click on Vor's Prize. That's the starter quest that introduces you to the game.

You mean delete an Warframe (can be done by ESC or console equivalent to menu > Equipments > warframe head icon > sell) or delete your account?

If you want to sell your Warframe that is level 9 you need to have another one in your inventory.

16 minutes ago, Harloq said:

You mean delete an Warframe (can be done by ESC or console equivalent to menu > Equipments > warframe head icon > sell) or delete your account?

If you want to sell your Warframe that is level 9 you need to have another one in your inventory.

I believe that he means : "I want to completly delete my account and start back at 0%".

In order for him to "Create a new account" he'd have to create a second user on his ps4 console, which mean, money from his ps4 "Main" account cannot be used, trophies are not counted on his main account and he has to think of a different username along with, probably a new email.

Which is why he'd rather just "Delete" his warframe account and start at 0% where the tutorial, quests, new settings and everything will be explained from step 1 to him in a somewhat clearer way. He haven't really played since, what did he say, day 3 of Warframe on playstation release. and so the whole system/quest probably changed a lot ever since.

You get what I mean, he wants to give the game another chance without being stuck like... halfway through where he left. He doesn't really know where to start or where he currently is.

Don't quote me on that, I'm just saying what I think he meant by that.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

I believe that he means : "I want to completly delete my account and start back at 0%".

In order for him to "Create a new account" he'd have to create a second user on his ps4 console, which mean, money from his ps4 "Main" account cannot be used, trophies are not counted on his main account and he has to think of a different username along with, probably a new email.

Which is why he'd rather just "Delete" his warframe account and start at 0% where the tutorial, quests, new settings and everything will be explained from step 1 to him in a somewhat clearer way. He haven't really played since, what did he say, day 3 of Warframe on playstation release. and so the whole system/quest probably changed a lot ever since.

You get what I mean, he wants to give the game another chance without being stuck like... halfway through where he left. He doesn't really know where to start or where he currently is.

Don't quote me on that, I'm just saying what I think he meant by that.

I am such a rebel.

But yeah.  A lot has changed.  A LOT.  Feel free to PM me if you need any sort of information.

Edited by Sintag

46 minutes ago, (PS4)J-CAMPS said:

I'm completely lost and have no idea what to do, haven't played in years. Starting from fresh would help a lot.

You should be able to do the intro quest when you first log in again. Do you remember what update you stopped playing? If so, I'll try to mention some of the stuff you've missed.

Just now, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

Don't quote the wrong guy T-T

One, you tempted fate, and I delivered.  Two, maybe going to the extreme of deleting an account is a bit much, so having someone help make the transition via explanations would be a bit better.

Support *might* be able to help you, I've never heard of your specific circumstances being help by support so I have no idea if they even deal with that. Support takes from a few days to a few weeks to get back to you so it may not even be worth it if you want to start playing right away. If you're only lvl9 on your Warframe then you probably didn't do very many tutorial quests. I recommend checking the movement 2.0 tutorial in your codex, that'll be very helpful. Look up YouTube videos on the basics of modding as well.

1 hour ago, (PS4)J-CAMPS said:

Hi. I haven't played this game since day3 or so when it came to PS4. I heard a lot has changed and much better now so I was going to give it a chance. I did the (new) movement tutorial and I noticed I still have my level 9 character. I looked in the settings and can't find a "Delete Character". I did google and apparently you can't unless you contact DE support. :(

Has anyone ever had a character deleted from customer support?. I have no idea what to do in WF now so I want to start from fresh.

start a new character and get the feel of the game.just go to the website and then put in a  new email and there is your new character. then come back to your older character.

Edited by ravend

20 hours ago, (PS4)J-CAMPS said:

I'm completely lost and have no idea what to do, haven't played in years. Starting from fresh would help a lot.

Ok.. You said you have no idea on what to do, so you decided you want to delete your only warframe? Seriously.. You mentioned you wants to start from fresh, get a warframe from 0 to 9 need 15 mins or less, are that 15 mins you already spent that bother you??

give it up, your arguments makes no sense, keep going on from where you are, atm you just wasting your time

3 hours ago, (PS4)J-CAMPS said:

I do have enough for more warframes it seems, and about 300 plat. Is it possible to do the tutorial again if I did buy a new one?.

No, the tutorial is something that only occurs when you start the game (or haven't played since DE made some rather sweeping changes and they reset it so you would get the tutorial if you came back). It has nothing to do with the level of the frame.

Long story short, if you have 300p on the account, just start a new account and play through the tutorial. Once you get through the initial quests and finish Vor's line, go back to the account you have now. No bothering support with something they won't be able to help with (basically resetting your account without actually resetting your account for no legitimate reason) and it costs you nothing besides the minimal time to plug in an alternate email and get a new account running.

Edited by Wopel