The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So about Baro..

KirschRing

mpKZg.png

27 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

fashion frame needs this ; _ ;

RESPECT FASHIONFRAME U INSOLENT KIDS!

>:C

....its a shower curtain, Baro took from his bathroom and he's selling it for 450 DCT. We will literally buy anything from him.

50 minutes ago, giantconch said:

I'm actually wondering what the "fun" thing that the hotfix mentioned was....

the salty threads which will pop up the whole weekend about (^^

maybe they love this comments, i really dont know ... primed ammo whatever, im not using that and its a long time ago since a new wraith or prisma weapon, not mentioning their high level of usefulness XD

im ok with this baro for one time, so i can do different things then hunting for ducats before the updates arrive

5 minutes ago, Raniu said:

Not at all.

Only in the visits that RedText said would be fun :P

Perhaps it was fun for people who did not own those mods? I didnt get shotgun mod the first run because I wasnt using Kohm. Since then I have started using it more so I got the mod ( or plan to as soon as i stop fighting people online and actually log in) this go around. Add in for flavor the players who did not have any of those mods. 

Edited by WARLOCKE

1 minute ago, Recel said:

This is forecasting. Brace for even more bullet-sponge enemies in Starchart 3.0! :P

The only problem I ever have killing any npc in this game is on sortie 3 with elemental enchancement and grinner. So, heres my forecast.

Perhaps the problem is you? Just saying.

Just now, WARLOCKE said:

The only problem I ever have killing any npc in this game is on sortie 3 with elemental enchancement and grinner. So, heres my forecast.

Perhaps the problem is you? Just saying.

Yet, you still haven't farmed out the rare joke detector. You really need to run sorties more!

24 minutes ago, Recel said:

It's okay. Jokes or sarcasm can be hard to see in written form.

Dont give me a pass. I dont deserve it this run around. You clearly used the international symbol for snark and I glossed over it. The fault is my own. :D

'Special visit' though doesn't mean useful to every player. To players that have a bunch of lower level primes, the Primed Ammo mutation and Primed Reach might be useful to have especially if damage 3.0 removes damage mods later down the road. Such mods will be very handy to compensate for these losses in effectiveness. The duplicate syandana with alternate skin is interesting but I can understand being frustrated by it, as if you have the previous; this variant might not be useful. Still, its a ducat based syandana and may prove useful to players that haven't ranked syndicates or involved themselves too much with platinum.

25 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

Baro's prices are insanely inflated. Primed mods used to cost 150-250 ducats max.

Inflation = more ducat grind = unhappy players

Inflated for whom>? I have more than enough ducats and have no issue with his prices. 

Your equation is incorrect my good chap and heres why. Inflation would mean the prices have risen due to a weak ducat. This is not so. Prices have risen due to a constant stream of primed parts being melted for said ducats. The ducat itself still has the same value as when it was introduced.

So the equation should look like this, for you.

Newer player (or more casual) = ducat grind = unhappy player (notice the lack of plural here, it factors in heavily to this equation),

Edited by WARLOCKE

Remember when baro salt was at an all time high on the forums and DE called our bluff and removed him for a week?

Suddenly, everyone was appreciative of dear Baro, who only bought extra items, not items needed for progression. There were barely any complaints anymore

It seems like the salt is starting up again, ask not as bad as it was before though.

1 hour ago, WARLOCKE said:

Prices have risen due to a constant stream of primed parts being melted for said ducats. The ducat itself still has the same value as when it was introduced.

Baro's prices are not controlled by the economy but by DE.

DE seems to like decreasing the ducat value of most prime items while increasing cost of Baro's offerings. Remember last year when Primed Continuity cost less than 250 ducats? Here we have less useful primed ammo mutation mods for 400 ducats.

This makes players unhappy and salty. It doesn't matter how many ducats you were able to save over the years. What matters is what the majority of the player population has. And from what I have heard and seen, players aren't happy with these over-inflated prices.

2 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

Baro's prices are not controlled by the economy but by DE.

DE seems to like decreasing the ducat value of most prime items while increasing cost of Baro's offerings. Remember last year when Primed Continuity cost less than 250 ducats? Here we have less useful primed ammo mutation mods for 400 ducats.

This makes players unhappy and salty. It doesn't matter how many ducats you were able to save over the years. What matters is what the majority of the player population has. And from what I have heard and seen, players aren't happy with these over-inflated prices.

The value of the ducat is not decreasing.