Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bugs in Warframe

SilentAnomaly

Question

Hi,

When I encounter a bug, I report it in the bug section of the forums, but what about in game? What do I do? Surely, if I encounter a bug repeatedly, I will be accused of abusing a bug, so I try to avoid it as much as possible.

However, what if it's unavoidable? Do I stop playing completely to avoid it?

For example: I recently posted a thread saying that Oberon's unique natural passive seems to last forever, (seems) longer than it should. If this is a bug, or it probably is a bug. Do I avoid playing Oberon all together? What if Oberon is my only Warframe? Do I stop playing in general? Wait it out till it's fixed? When will it be fixed?

Now repeat the same questions in different context, every. single. time. you encounter a bug or possible bug. I don't know if it's how the game mechanics are suppose to function, since I'm new to Warframe. It's hard for me to tell what is a bug and what is not since I don't know the game mechanics as well as a veteran player, so I'm left to wonder if it's a bug and to be safe, I would post it in the bug section of the forums, which I have to wait till its confirmed it's a bug or not, and if it is a bug, what do I do?

5 answers to this question

They'll know if you're abusing something. Bugs that lead to actual major exploits tend to be something you have to try to do in order to do multiple times.

In the very unlikely occasion you actually do get in trouble for encountering a bug, DE is pretty aight and you could just explain the situation.

Just now, SilentAnomaly said:

However, what if it's unavoidable? Do I stop playing completely to avoid it?

I'd keep playing as usual. Unless the bug is really game-breaking, but Oberon's passive extending forever... well... it's DE's fault, in a way, not yours. If you have Oberon and want to play Oberon, then it'd be unfair if you had to stop for a code bug.

Just now, SilentAnomaly said:

I would post it in the bug section of the forums, which I have to wait till its confirmed it's a bug or not, and if it is a bug, what do I do?

The way I see it, this game is buggy by nature (it's a consequence of the game being constantly updated, and the code reworked every time) and we, the players, are the beta-testers. It is our duty to play the game to its fullest, and make a note when we find something we think is a bug.

1. take screenshots, maybe record it
  2. send a support ticket including the evidence
  3. keep playing

its most likely not your fault if there is a bug in the game

only time you might get into trouble is if you set up missions with the goal to use/abuse this bug

(if its something that's unavoidable then its most of the time annoying and not something you can use/abuse)

If you encounter a bug or something you think is a bug, just look for it on the forums. If there is no other threads already about it, report it and then continue playing as normal. It will be obvious if you are intentionally exploiting a bug versus just repeatedly encountering it. Don't worry, you will be fine.