Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where to train warframes?

KuraioNokami

Question

So, I just forma'd my Mag Prime, and I was wondering something. It seems inneficient to just train for days on end, which is time I don't have, And I obviously need an efficient place to train Warframes. so my question is: What node should I go to for this?

18 answers to this question

I'd go for the dark sector EXCAV on pluto, just bring mag with secondary weapon (because you'll get more XP with it) and stay for 1000. you'll get good XP

another easy choice is Tower MD missions. they give 2-3 lvls per missions (obviously more when you play unranked) 

Well if you absolutely have to go to the most efficient place ever, the Draco interception node on Ceres is the best there is.

People always go there, so finding a public squad is no problem. You have to consider if you're modded properly to handle yourself against level 35 Grineer though.

But in general, any Survival or Interception mission with a decent level of enemies, and where you stay close to all your squad mates will net you good XP.

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

...With a... Level 0... Mag Prime. I'd get nuked to death in one shot, causing it to lose efficiency fast...

What mastery are you? Is it potatoed? If you have enough points, get hp and sheild mods on. Then make sure youve got a good level 30 weapon on and keep at distance.

Just now, chaotea said:

What mastery are you? Is it potatoed? If you have enough points, get hp and sheild mods on. Then make sure youve got a good level 30 weapon on and keep at distance.

Mastery 14. It is potatoed. Buuuut... I don't have the cores for good shield mods, and Vitality alone doesn't keep me alive. And good level 30 weapon? I dunno how I managed it but I only found out what Forma do yesterday, So I have jack for good weapons XD

Eris - akkad, its dark sector infested defense, bring a good weapon. Aoe wep would be best. Just crouch then look up and jump to the platforms above it. Thats where i go when i forma or level frames. once I got enough level to know that I can withstand draco I move on.

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

Mastery 14. It is potatoed. Buuuut... I don't have the cores for good shield mods, and Vitality alone doesn't keep me alive. And good level 30 weapon? I dunno how I managed it but I only found out what Forma do yesterday, So I have jack for good weapons XD

Ah. Its odd that you dont have a good sheild mod. Ive been playing since open beta, so my point of view on progression is abit skewed, but tbh you want to rank your redirection over vitality. Still, i tend to put both on while training frames.

If your that stumped, play defence or survivals or interceptions at a level which you are comfortable playing.

Tbh, if your at the stage where your mods arnt at a high level, you probably dont need to forma. The forma gives no benifit beyond give more mod space after all. You could just save your forma unill you realy need it.

Leveling up anything:

First I go to Apollodarus on Mercury. Get in a few levels

If im feeling cheeky, ill go to Cassini Saturn.

I also level up on Heircon, Pluto annddf the one Spy mission on Pluto.

This is all if I dont feel like draco, which is 99% of the time 

I've always been advised to use Vitality over Redirection due to shields dying faster than your health, some enemy abilities like Toxin going right past your shields etc.

At MR14 with a potato in your frame you start out with 28 capacity, plus whatever Aura you put in. You can definitely mod yourself to some degree of survivability with that. If Draco is too much to handle, Akkad is definitely the way to go. Standing on the beams or the train car will keep enemies from hitting you at all, meaning you get to just blast away away at them with Tonkor, Simulor or whatever AoE gun you prefer.

My process whenever I forma a frame or get a new one..

- 1 long apollodorus on Mercury to unlock skills and be able to put health/shield mods in.
this usually puts me around level 8 or 10.. if below I do another 1..
(stay close to your teammates to leech *cough* I MEAN SHARE the experience)

- and then I "do an original" and hop over to Draco.
where I stay for 4 waves (if possible) and repeat untill I'm lvl 30
If I end up 29 I grind that last level on normal missions

Edited by BaIthazar

When I want to level something fast I host a 4 man group of ODD with a speed nova and two other warm bodies.  Its easy, you can get prime parts to sell or keep, the keys are a joke to get, and I am sure there are other great reasons I am missing.  Take whatever weapons you want to level up too.  I like to melee, but you could just hide and let the other three kill everything.  The new bonus that shows when you are close to other tenno is important too.  I would probably ask everyone to stay near the pod at the beginning of the match. 

1 hour ago, Anatolius said:

First I go to Apollodarus on Mercury. Get in a few levels

If im feeling cheeky, ill go to Cassini Saturn.

I cringe every time I see someone admit they play Apollodarus to start leveling as it is just bad.  The base level grunts there give you ~60 exp per.  Instead you could be sensible and jump to Saturn where the base grunt gives you ~230 exp per (roughly 4x).  Saturn is really no more challenging the Mercury if you have a rank 30 weapon but its so much more rewarding.

Seriously take  two freshly forma'd warframes and do a 20 minute mission on each planet and compare the results.  Hell, take a third to a mid level spy mission and compare that one to the Mercury one as well.  The spy will take you under 5 minutes.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

I cringe every time I see someone admit they play Apollodarus to start leveling as it is just bad.  The base level grunts there give you ~60 exp per.  Instead you could be sensible and jump to Saturn where the base grunt gives you ~230 exp per (roughly 4x).  Saturn is really no more challenging the Mercury if you have a rank 30 weapon but its so much more rewarding.

Seriously take  two freshly forma'd warframes and do a 20 minute mission on each planet and compare the results.  Hell, take a third to a mid level spy mission and compare that one to the Mercury one as well.  The spy will take you under 5 minutes.

Doesn't matter had fun

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Your fun is irrelevant to it being good advice or not, which is what we should be trying to provide in a PHP topic.

It is more relevant than you think, seeing as fun is always an important factor of any game. If he claims his method to be fun, then perhaps it is at least worth trying for me. It might be more bearable. But I shall see that for myself.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Your fun is irrelevant to it being good advice or not, which is what we should be trying to provide in a PHP topic.

Its not bad advice, just not as efficient as YOU want it but its not terrible. Id rather run Saturn than draco or speed run a bunch of spy missions then get burnt out.

To each their own.