The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's talk about ridiculously impractical combat maneuvers

Dragxon

So the seismic palm stance's opening punch is the worst possible way to throw a punch first of all it breaks the first rule of engagement: Never under any circumstances turn your back on the enemy. You turn around 360 degrees to hit somebody with the back of your left fist. No way will there be any force behind that hit and it takes a whole two seconds to complete the animation with a fully upgraded fury. It's completely ridiculous.

Warframe is not about logic it is about fun (kind of). Even tho parkour really doesn't help you combat wise because you will get instakilled in high lvl missions. The game kind of lacks badassery. The movement system is great and all but it really does not save you. Imagine you are in a situation where there are enemies all around you like butchers or something and you roll out of the way, you get up and they are already behind your back and you die.

Spinning back fist IRL is a powerful punch, I have seen banned in many tournaments as a blind technique because the spin obscures what strike you plan to follow through with.
For the same reason you mention about showing your back to your opponent you don't use it to lead in.
Its also executed much faster than the animation to minimize time with your back to your opponent and to gain momentum during the spin with your arm close to your body like an iceskater or dancer spinning. Unleashing the that momentum coupled with the force of muscles at the last possible moment.

ah here we have man who wants to trun games into real world simulations

firstly do u know the chainsaw claws? when u block they go trough each others. shouldn't that kinda rip ur arms into them? say bye to ur arms :D

then a granda launcher that does not damag..... not going there

4 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Let's take a game where you're a permakid who telepathically controls a big virus with magic powers and break down the logic of said game, hey?

for fun and profit!

warframe in too words: f logic

srsly though, if we are gonna talk about logic and combat rules we wont get anywhere, if the combo itself is not practical enough fro you, that`s fine, there are 2 other stances for fists, unlike machetes.....

1 minute ago, Bizzaro21 said:

warframe in too words: f logic

srsly though, if we are gonna talk about logic and combat rules we wont get anywhere, if the combo itself is not practical enough fro you, that`s fine, there are 2 other stances for fists, unlike machetes.....

that's what makes it fun to pick it apart

22 minutes ago, AurumandArgentum said:

What this guy said right here.

For fists there's 2 other (less good imo) stances.

For machetes- and many other weapons. There is NO other choice than the one crap one we have. OFC I'm more talking about usability than "real world common sense" that doesn't really apply in this game. Point stands though.

Oh and i also got something to say on this topic.

For people wo have seen my post i know that i'm a bit repetetive but please bare with me!

So i usually play full melee and i actually love te stances in this game but there is some stances that in my opinion is rendered useless because of 1(or more) garbage move.

Like the crossing snake stance, you always execute one of the combos because it contains the forward button and and this single move just breaks the flow and hijacks your movement to lash out in slomo i think you all know what move i speak of namely Lacerating Leap. 

If it wasnt for this move i would actually like to use the crossing-snakes stance seeing that it's the only other dualsword stance in the game!

Edited by Ryddem

1 minute ago, Stratego89 said:

For fists there's 2 other (less good imo) stances.

For machetes- and many other weapons. There is NO other choice than the one crap one we have. OFC I'm more talking about usability than "real world common sense" that doesn't really apply in this game. Point stands though.

Let's be honest here, noone uses machetes and I personally have given up on them being updated, secondly gaias tragedy is pretty good, 14hit combo on a tekko with crit build, dear god nothing survives, and again lets just throw realism out the window with this game.

7 minutes ago, Dragxon said:

you guys don't seem to understand that i'm not doing this to complain i'm doing this to have some fun and laugh about how half this stuff would never work in the real world.

We do.

Many would love to see these stances changed as well.

Previously however this sentiment/idea was used as a reason to remove a mechanic(s) many loved and as such you might prepare to get serious responses