The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop this madness

Golgek

So why come to the forums and waste space on a light hearted jab??

heres an idea... /Whisper [insert Gamertag] hey bro I just wanted too let you know that what your asking for is not necessary to run such an easy mission.

or 

Open players list select name [Ignore] 

=

a much healthier community.  Just saying

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Listed mia 510 said:

So why come to the forums and waste space on a light hearted jab??

heres an idea... /Whisper [insert Gamertag] hey bro I just wanted too let you know that what your asking for is not necessary to run such an easy mission.

or 

Open players list select name [Ignore] 

=

a much healthier community.  Just saying

A good point, but it isn't a question for me.

I for one am fine with it, and anyone who gets steamed about what others think about how they like to play. That's on them. It's their choice to take offense if any, but I don't see anything wrong with another player critiquing one's ways of doing things. Feedback on how we play makes us better in some aspects.

However, if players choose to get mad at something like this, even if it is harmless in nature. That is completely up to them, and doesn't reflect any negative thoughts back on the one who offered the critique.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

3 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

A good point, but it isn't a question for me.

I for one am fine with it, and anyone who gets steamed about what others think about how they like to play. That's on them. It's their choice to take offense if any, but I don't see anything wrong with another player critiquing one's ways of doing things. Feedback on how we play makes us better in some aspects.

However, if players choose to get mad at something like this, even if it is harmless in nature. That is completely up to them, and doesn't reflect any negative thoughts back on the one who offered the critique.

I understand, and it wasn't aimed at you in all honesty.

but critiquing and jabbing are very different things.

and in pretty sure "Jabbing" is not allowed on this forum. 

But I get it dude has too get his post count somehow right.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Listed mia 510 said:

I understand, and it wasn't aimed at you in all honesty.

but critiquing and jabbing are very different things.

and in pretty sure "Jabbing" is not allowed on this forum. 

But I get it dude has too get his post count somehow right.

Yeah, I get ya.

Kind of a pointless post in my opinion. But everyone has a right to speak, even if it may indeed be "jabbing" at a certain type of player. Glad we're on the same page. :3

2 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

Yeah, I get ya.

Kind of a pointless post in my opinion. But everyone has a right to speak, even if it may indeed be "jabbing" at a certain type of player. Glad we're on the same page. :3

Me to ;)

ironically I can see how my post seems like an attempt too muffle ones voice.

i can't help but fight the good fight for the little guys though. Probably stems from all the new players I always find myself assisting in and out of mission.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Listed mia 510 said:

Me to ;)

ironically I can see how my post seems like an attempt too muffle ones voice.

i can't help but fight the good fight for the little guys though. Probably stems from all the new players I always find myself assisting in and out of mission.

I help a lot of players as well, and I just had this thought.

If the OP really wanted to help out and offer a good criticism, he wouldn't have titled his post "Stop this Madness" he would've titled it something like. "EV Trin, Blind Mirage? Are they really required for T1 Survival?"

Indeed, it may have been a jab at players who play that way. But it still begs the question, are those certain niche frames required for a T1? I doubt it. It doesn't mean a player can't ask for it though. Freedom after all, is a big thing. :)

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

They can take our Mirage LoS and Our Infi Range Bless!! But they'll never take Our Freedom!!!

To me though all I hear in that said debate  (hypothetical of course) is don't use those frames for that.

which then I ask myself so what is an acceptable frame too use on something so easy?

i honestly would not allow myself too sit through any mission of such ease with such a handicap toward the enemies. But as I have progressed into a battle hardened Tenno I realize that when I wasn't experienced and knew nothing I as well would have done anything I could think of just too get by.

i believe this too be the case here with the Tenno who has no idea we are talking about him/her

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Listed mia 510 said:

They can take our Mirage LoS and Our Infi Range Bless!! But they'll never take Our Freedom!!!

To me though all I hear in that said debate  (hypothetical of course) is don't use those frames for that.

which then I ask myself so what is an acceptable frame too use on something so easy?

i honestly would not allow myself too sit through any mission of such ease with such a handicap toward the enemies. But as I have progressed into a battle hardened Tenno I realize that when I wasn't experienced and knew nothing I as well would have done anything I could think of just too get by.

i believe this too be the case here with the Tenno who has no idea we are talking about him/her

Very true.

As we gain knowledge and skill, our horizons expand, and the requirements for certain types of missions change in our eyes. But you can really use anything for anything basically. Some setups are better or more suited to certain mission types than others, but all have the capacity to do great game-wide. Diversity and freedom of choice are two paramount things in any video game.

I remember back when I was new, I thought Loki was the best because I could avoid enemies altogether and not have to worry about getting REKT like my teammates as long as I could keep my Invisibility up. Now that I am a Veteran (been around for about 3 years or so, maybe a bit more.), I realize that Loki isn't the best frame for all situations, but only in certain instances. I've built him up from a starter frame to a worthy Sortie CC/Support frame, he's the same one I've had since I started playing. And I am so proud of that. (got 4 forma in him too. :D)

But anyway, I think you're right. The OP may think that the Trinity/Mirage wombo combo may not be necessary for a T1, and he's right, it really isn't. But that won't stop people from playing with the Warframes and gear that they want to play with, or building them for something they weren't intended for. Like a Damage Loki... never again.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

one of the reasons I stopped playing EV.  People who just want to spam abilities with maxed blind rage and forgot streamline and/or fleeting expertise.  Forcing themselves to be carried by someone only pressing 2.... then getting mad when the enemies die so quick and run out of energy

13 hours ago, KIREEK said:

They are free to advertise, you are free to ignore.

I agree, but its still extremely useless requirement. 

And not something that should be more common at all, thus this thread. It is a shout out, to let less experienced players know that is extremely useless.