Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

I do think the drop rate of gentic code for the Kavats needs to be increased because I've been doing run after run and I've only gotten one Dna sample.  Maybe make it like a 1/4 of a chance so we still have to look for it.

5 minutes ago, Wolfwaffe said:

Guys, stop complaining about drop rates and prices. DE needs people buying plat, after all.

Their is a line between what is fair RnG and grinding for 2 hours just for one dna when you need 20.  I'd gladly buy some Dna if I needed one more and didn't want to go out on a mission, but when it is practically forcing you to with this brutal Rng it just isn't fun and it's anti-player.

33 minutes ago, Wolfwaffe said:

Guys, stop complaining about drop rates and prices. DE needs people buying plat, after all.

Correct, and if players feel like the only way they can get anything is by buying plat, this game will turn into City of Heroes. Never played CoH? You can't now, they pushed the cash shop too hard and it's in the dust bin. Players will spend money if they feel they're being rewarded for spending money. Not many will pay NOT to be punished by RNG.

Edited by NDarkstar

Look at it this way, there are just two varieties of kavat, so you have a pretty good chance of getting the one you want from the actual incubation.  With a kubrow you can incubate a whole lot of eggs before you get the breed you want.

<sarcasm>And people who own Oberon can finally be happy, and stop asking for him to be fixed, because he actually has a use now thanks to his passive.</sarcasm>

Edited by polarity

Done 80 something scans and gotten 3 genetic codes. Found the best way for me, at least solo, is to use Ivara and sleep arrow the things so you can actually scan them. Works pretty well, but then of course you get nothing from them anyway. Grrr.

Do we really need 20 each time, or 10? 10 is painful enough, but 20 is...yeah I'm not going to do that.

Also: I don't know if it's related, but my synthesis scanner is being weird and takes much longer to scan than before - and my target isn't counting towards the daily.

Edited by Serien5

1 hour ago, Serien5 said:

Done 80 something scans and gotten 3 genetic codes. Found the best way for me, at least solo, is to use Ivara and sleep arrow the things so you can actually scan them. Works pretty well, but then of course you get nothing from them anyway. Grrr.

Do we really need 20 each time, or 10? 10 is painful enough, but 20 is...yeah I'm not going to do that.

Also: I don't know if it's related, but my synthesis scanner is being weird and takes much longer to scan than before - and my target isn't counting towards the daily.

You need 10 for Incubator segement and 10 for each Kavat incubation.

I'm super hyped for kavats, can't wait to get one! 

Atm my complaints would be the research time on the kavat incubator segment in the dojo and the drop rate of the genetic imprints from feral kavat scans, would like both these to be better but I guess the first gives me time for the latter!

PS. to all you guys having trouble scanning feral kavats might I suggest Oberon since his passive makes them friendly to him.

45 minutes ago, Wolfwaffe said:

Is that even for real? You're joking, right? You're telling some sort of sick funny joke!

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/1/10/20160709184223_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160709085507

I'd love to be joking. But no. BTW they (Kavat Segment) can drop from Hyekka masters.

Edited by Grayscale_Lord

In the words of someone who has eagerly expected this update and Couldn't wait to have a Cat with fish tail running beside me.

My hype has completly died like a month ago, out of shear waiting too damn @(*()&#036; much.
I'm barely in the mood to play Warframe atm, even less, to do this.

So much slam in the forums, just wanted to say thank you for the kavats finally!

I love the new colors....rare gold's and silvers, yay...but the bronze is my favorite!

They work. Did not notice kavat audio until a recent reinstall of the game though.  

Smeeta Kavat is actually way too much overdone if not bordereline OverPowered.

With its buff, i can score 100% of the time Red-Crits using Daikyu with no crit mods at all! this is insanity! and the buff also affects the amount of drop you pick up per stack, increasing it by about 300%, [normal void drop is 4-6 parts, with buff you get 16-20]

Its all fun and games, but the Kavats totaly made Kubrows useless thanks to their buffs.

thanks so much for letting us breed kavats!They are so beautiful and there is such a huge range of colour masking. I think price and amount of genetic code needed is fair enough since alot of us has purchased it that way, changing it won't be fair to those of who purchased it within this update. I think they need more armor and color :D

51 minutes ago, Date_Terumune said:

Smeeta Kavat is actually way too much overdone if not bordereline OverPowered.

With its buff, i can score 100% of the time Red-Crits using Daikyu with no crit mods at all! this is insanity! and the buff also affects the amount of drop you pick up per stack, increasing it by about 300%, [normal void drop is 4-6 parts, with buff you get 16-20]

Its all fun and games, but the Kavats totaly made Kubrows useless thanks to their buffs.

Wait so if I use a Sancti Tigris will every pellet red crit?

Just now, Date_Terumune said:

im pretty sure it can turn 5% crit weapon into red-crit spitting monstrosity.

Geez that's broken as all hell, even better than bloodrush. The secura penta could out dps the tonkor with that kavat. And I wonder if it works on powers that can crit like exalted blade, etc.

I've been up all night farming in OD Ext, Cap and Sab, got around 200-300 Kavat scans and I'm still sitting on 4 genetic codes. Out of 20 needed to make my first Kavat. Pointless to say this needs to be addressed, perhaps by lowering the amount of codes required in order to breed a Kavat (1 would be fair given how hard they are to obtain), or drastically increasing the drop rate after scans, cause right now it's ridicoulously hard to get one..

I would give feedback if I could actually build one. But it seems that the abysmal drop rate of genetics is limiting me in this regard.

My feedback is this: the current drop rate of genetics upon a successful scan is unacceptable for the number required. Either increase the chance to get the genetics, or lower the number required for the upgrade segment and building a kavat. I actually entertained the notion of purchasing the kavat starter pack, but I don't want to support this blatant profiteering off of new content in a game that I love. Plus the starter pack only comes with 10 genetics, the extra 10 can be purchased for the low price of 5p each! Good job, kavats aren't even good value for those prepared to pay - and I was due to the cancerous grind.

Edited by hryelle
Had to time to fester in saltiness