Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

I'm going to add another tally to "genetic code rate needs to be way higher".

Considering how easy it is now to get kubrow eggs, I would expect the acquisition rate for kavat genetic codes to be near 100%. After all, no one wants to in and CC hidden enemies just to scan them, that's boring.

Just because something is new content, does not mean it has to be much harder to acquire than previous content, especially when said content is on par with something previously released (in this case, kubrows).

Luckily for me, I have obtained the kavat I wanted at this point, and I will never be farming those codes again if I can help it.

Regarding kavats DE really is trying to milk the hipe as much as possible:

before we could incubate pet kavats, the feral ones were dangerous enough as to rip a warframe to shreds and killsteal a good third of the kills in orokin derelict exterminations (besides spawning in larger number and mainly in tiles without enemies);

now derelicts are so overrun by grineer to the point that they form more than 60% of the hostiles in any mission, kavats spawn under crossfire by grineer and infested, and enemies in general show a clear priority in putting down feral kavats instead of other npcs or even the players, a concidence?

It rather looks like a quite heavy handed and sloppy way to tell us: we gave you kavats, pay for them or we make the grind so bad that you'll rather drop the game.

On 22/07/2016 at 2:48 PM, Vaseler said:

My opinion kavats great idea better than kubro but still not good enough to replace carrier. nothing else needs said.

Carrier still the best. But smeeta kavat is a legitimate alternative for certain specific missions: for syndicate missions, since charm buff doubles syndicate medallions, for fissures, since it can double void traces, and for farming rare resources, I had it give me during short missions 24 neurodes, 16 neural sensors, shockingly 54 argon (buffs stacked). Overall carrier is still better, but smeeta can be an option in certain missions. Unlike all other companions in the game, who are plain inferior to carrier. I'm not mentioning helios since I've scanned everything in the game except bugged infested tumor codex entry, shield-hellion dargyn eximus and quanta ranger eximus. 2 of em seem to be bugged, and helios no help here.

That said I bought my kavats. Got smeeta peacock first try and traded imprints for the other type. Later tried scanning for codes out of curiosity... 

Basically now kavats are pay2win like xiphos. That's starting to get worrying. 

On 7/8/2016 at 3:35 PM, Maugre said:

Kavats are invisible, jump around constantly, fighting both the infested and grineer/corpus that show up in the mission, and only spawn in small numbers.

With how much of a pain it is to scan them, they should have a much higher chance to drop their DNA. I was all hyped up to dip my feet into breeding for the first time, but with this low rate, I'm more likely to just not bother at all.

Get the scanning hammer, 4 scans per 5 mins.

On 8/29/2016 at 5:55 PM, Cicadeus said:

Get the scanning hammer, 4 scans per 5 mins.

This was before the Heliocor. Additionally, killing them with the Heliocor means that your party mates cant get the scans unless they scan them manually first, so you'd have to either solo or be hated.

my main complaint would be how expensive they are to set up with mods, and the number of forma to achieve it. My preferred build requires every slot to have a polarity and even then with all maxed mods you would have 0 capacity left over, this leaves me unable to make many changes to my build without having to re-forma slots and even then i could try replacing 1 mod with a slightly more expensive one and it would result in a literally impossible build even with every slot polarized just for that build as it would still go over the mod capacity limit. have gone into a bit more detail on the general issue in a previous thread :

but the fact that its even possible to make a build that exceeds the mod capacity regardless of how you upgrade the item is a bit worrying as chances are more mods will be released at some point.

I'm a breeder. I have around 30 Kubrows. I have 4 kavats and don't think I'll ever make it to 5. I'd love to share my opinions on the Kavat mods, how they look, and what I like about the two different spacekitties, but I can't get past the process of obtaining genetic codes. I never liked speed running low level missions for eggs, but this is too painful to even bother. Ignore how small Kavats are. Ignore how quickly they move. Ignore the fact that they can cloak. Scanning is a miserable process. The fact that Helios, a sentinel built to scan for you, can't scan them is almost insulting. I farmed the first one and decided I'm never doing that again. The only reason I even have 4 is that I wanted to take advantage of the crossbreeding while it was still an option.

Breeding is a completely new aspect of Warframe. It broke the mold of gathering parts and building them in the foundry. We should have to fight some Giant Mama Space Kavat (that should be her name) while being swarmed by her young (the Kavats we currently scan). Make it a boss, a miniboss, like the juggernaut (only larger and more Kavat like), or hide the Giant Mama Space Kavat away guarded by Kavats similar to dens only more of a fight and a higher drop chance. I'd rather climb a mountain ten times than pick the berries at the bottom for a year.

Edit: One egg for a Kubrow and ten "eggs" for a Kavat seems a little unbalance to me and the 20p vs 50p doesn't do much to help that view.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

I've noticed alot that the RNG for getting Kavat gen codes seems to taper off. I've actually been farming and so far I've done between 15 to 17 runs of ODE solo, with a Slova making scanning much easier and I've been scanning roughly 8 to 10 cats a round. I have 4 genetic codes and I've gotten 2 within the first 3 rounds and I've gotten 2 in a single round. After that I've stopped getting them altogether. I did about 8 in a row without getting so much as a single code even though I've maintained the same Kavat scan average.