Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavats Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

DE:

Please put Kavats in Void Missions. Or on a planet, as wildlife. Planets need more animal life. Why stick them away in Derelicts? This is letting your business model trump player enjoyment.

Not to mention, Derelicts are a frustrating mission type. High level infested is more gear checking screen fuzz status effect hell than skill based shooter. The Cats just die.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

26 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

DE:

Please put Kavats in Void Missions. Or on a planet, as wildlife. Planets need more animal life. Why stick them away in Derelicts? This is letting your business model trump player enjoyment.

Not to mention, Derelicts are a frustrating mission type. High level infested is more gear checking screen fuzz status effect hell than skill based shooter. The Cats just die.

To be fair, they're in the Derelict for lore reasons. They feed on the infestation, and have been bred into Hyekkas by the Grineer to combat infested attacks. They wouldn't survive very well anywhere other than Eris or other infested planets, and it's unlikely they would even end up there in the first place, as they were likely Orokin creations, without the ability to take over ships' controls and fly around.

Just now, Maugre said:

To be fair, they're in the Derelict for lore reasons. They feed on the infestation, and have been bred into Hyekkas by the Grineer to combat infested attacks. They wouldn't survive very well anywhere other than Eris or other infested planets, and it's unlikely they would even end up there in the first place, as they were likely Orokin creations, without the ability to take over ships' controls and fly around.

That's cool to know. Thanks.

Would love them on Eris itself. Might make more sense there and in other infested missions.

i have edited my previous post, but posting again for visilbilty for others to see how bad this is.

over 30 missions, 200 scans and only at 5 dna, i refuse to purchase them, and im not even sure if i want one anymore. between reddit, the forums and ingame, it seems like a lot of people are considering quitting/ moving on from warframe, im willing to take a break before i consider quitting.

People are already feeling fissure fatigue, and this started hours to 1-2 days after release, everything you claimed to have wanted to fix has apparently had a reverse effect on the player base.

Edited by loliHeadSHOTS

2 minutes ago, loliHeadSHOTS said:

everything you claimed to have wanted to fix has apparently had a reverse effect on the player base.

Don't even get me started on the archwing changes.

I was one of the few that liked it, and now it's almost unplayable in my eyes.

Like every1 else here, drop rates on DNA are terribad. 

For the longest time i was convinced that feral kavats glitched and you coudnt get the strands when you're using the synthesis and ur maxed out on rep for the day, I honestly thought that cause i went and scaned 120+ kavats and no DNA.

I might not even bother with them until the chance to obtain is fixed, i swear its like DE preys on players wallets and sanity.

Also i  still cant figure out if its just me, cause over 200 kills and pickpockets with ivara on the Hyekkas. not a single drop, ammo, mod or anything, i'm quickly loosing my patients with this.

Edited by Phink
Rememberd more

I did some math.

In the first two pages of this thread, alone, there's 27 posts complaining of the low drop rate of genetic codes from scanned feral kavats.

There are 25 posts per page by default.

In the space of two pages, one page's worth of posts consisting of nothing but complaints about the genetic code drop rate has been created.

That says something about the RNG of this thing.  I think I can safely say that the general consensus is "it's obscene."  From my own experiences (1 ODC, 2 ODEs, 20+ kavats scanned, total of 2 codes), I'd have to agree... and looking at the numbers other people have put up, assuming they're not exaggerating, I've been lucky.

DE, this is unacceptable.  While scanning kavats for genetic codes is neat, and it makes sense that the incubator needs to be configured to work with kavat genetics, the drop rate is quite frankly dumb.  You are not going to get my money by disrespecting my willingness to invest time in your game, and then snidely offering your cash shop as a means of circumventing it.

I am not going to pay for a game I don't want to play, and it's transparent gouging like this that definitely contributes to me not wanting to play it.

I have a request.  Can we please be allowed to have one Kubrow AND one Kavat unfrozen in the orbiter at the same time?

I'm fine with only being allowed to put one or the other in missions, and I'd even be alright with this causing genetic degradation on both pets, but I'd really, really like to have my puppy and kitty both walking (or mostly loafing) around my orbiter.

In fact, I'd especially love it if my Kavat would occasionally prank my Kubrow.  It'd be so damn cute to see the Kavat hiding on top of my Mod Station and then pounce/tackle my Kubrow (in a friendly way, of course) every once in a while.

This is just a cosmetic request really.  Again, I'm not asking to have both "active" in the sense that we could choose either one for missions.  The secondary pet would be purely cosmetic.

But such a fun cosmetic it would be :)

1 minute ago, chuckdm said:

I have a request.  Can we please be allowed to have one Kubrow AND one Kavat unfrozen in the orbiter at the same time?

I'm fine with only being allowed to put one or the other in missions, and I'd even be alright with this causing genetic degradation on both pets, but I'd really, really like to have my puppy and kitty both walking (or mostly loafing) around my orbiter.

In fact, I'd especially love it if my Kavat would occasionally prank my Kubrow.  It'd be so damn cute to see the Kavat hiding on top of my Mod Station and then pounce/tackle my Kubrow (in a friendly way, of course) every once in a while.

This is just a cosmetic request really.  Again, I'm not asking to have both "active" in the sense that we could choose either one for missions.  The secondary pet would be purely cosmetic.

But such a fun cosmetic it would be :)

I second this idea, as well as adding my complaint of "the droprate is too godforsakingly low, stop trying to gouge money out of us in BS ways" to the pile.

Just now, MihariofMabinogi said:

I second this idea, as well as adding my complaint of "the droprate is too godforsakingly low, stop trying to gouge money out of us in BS ways" to the pile.

Well I'm a filthy casual who just gave up and bought the DNA (or rather, the whole starter bundle.)

If I hadn't gotten lucky and got the exact Kavat I wanted I'd be pretty steamed about the drop rates too, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

i haven't even seriously tried farming dna yet but judging from this thread do i get this correctly: it's as if you needed to find 10 kubrow eggs to breed one kubrow (before they boosted the droprate recently)? wowy zowy then... better be building keys.

Actually, it's like you need to find 10 Kubrow eggs to craft the incubator, then get 10 more eggs to hatch a Kubrow. Except the dens that drop the eggs are tiny, invisible, jumping around constantly, and you need to get the egg before you destroy it.

28 minutes ago, Maugre said:

Actually, it's like you need to find 10 Kubrow eggs to craft the incubator, then get 10 more eggs to hatch a Kubrow. Except the dens that drop the eggs are tiny, invisible, jumping around constantly, and you need to get the egg before you destroy it.

ah nice... also there are usually more k-dens in an earth level than feral kavat spawns in a derelict one, right? also for the latter you need to craft keys, too...

hooray for reduced grind! :D

I tried getting genetic code but gave up after 1 hour which net me one code lol, and you mean to tell me I need 20 of these (and possibly more since I probably won't get the type, color etc I want on my first try), no way. And no, I won't buy it. The fact doesn't help either that most of the infested, grineer and corpus find the wild kavats before me and kill them.

How to farm Kavats properly:

- Use a derelict key

- Go with Giant-Bastille-Raid-Vauban

- Hang the whole room with all the fighting Grineer, Infested and Cats up in the air

- Scan the Kavats properly

- Be disappointed about wasting time and a key for this

- Repeat

08-grumpy-cat.w1200.h630.jpg

Edited by radastir

4 minutes ago, radastir said:

How to farm kavats properly:

- Use a derelict key

- Hang the whole room with all the fighting Grineer, Infested and Cats up in the air

- Scan the Kavats properly

- Be disappointed about wasting time and a key for this

- Repeat

Repeat this \infty times.

Edited by Sonorum

4 minutes ago, radastir said:

How to farm Kavats properly:

I prefer putting them to sleep with Equinox. Much less squishy than Vauban.

Put just as disappointing.

23 minutes ago, Maugre said:

db96d418f3.jpg

Devil Kavat feeds on your grinding sadness.

Having something like this around just gives you something to (not) look forward too after grinding your soul out

32 minutes ago, Kotsender_Quasimir said:

ah nice... also there are usually more k-dens in an earth level than feral kavat spawns in a derelict one, right? also for the latter you need to craft keys, too...

hooray for reduced grind! :D

Usually there's about 6 , with each one den having 4 more kubrows in it as well as the ones walking around

I absolutely love the kavats and how they work. their abilities are amazing, but the DNA chance on scan should be higher. I dont know what it should be, but definitely not 6.4, or 6.5 or 10% or anywhere in that range (those are the numbers ive seen most, i haven't seen anything definitive) so please, i love the kavats, i just wish they were a bit more accessible. Thanks!