The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail General Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

My heart sank today seeing how poorly designed fissures were. It's over, I don't think they can ever come back from this. Fissures are so far from what voids should be that it's going to be another 2 years of development just to get them back to a point where they are as OK as the old void system. This is just terrible, just unfathomably terrible. And now the entire pug community is in oppressively salty mode because draco is gone and the alternatives are not fun so no one can go back to running their formas. I just blew a bunch of plats on formas and I can't use them because no missions give XP anymore. Cheated out of my plats, voids basically removed and replaced with 2 minute long excavation "here's a free prime part!" nullifier spam nonsense. What's left for us now?

For feedback excluding those, id like to include the fact that mini map icons was an awsome and a most welcome adition to the game but passing by to leave the personal feedback that maybe the white "arrows" that appears sometimes showing were a player is turning could be little smaller compared to the icon or maybe even have an option to turn the arrow off since it sometimes "interfere" with the loot view on mini map or sometimes an enemy or two that appears there

Just my personal feedback: I don't want to see my teammates' heads on my otherwise clean minimap. I want to be able to just glance at the minimap and see red=enemy, blue=friend, yellow=target location, white shape=whatever the white shape means. As of right now, I can't do that because some of my teammates' head icons contain white/red/yellow/blue parts which throw me off, plus I'm unable to identify them quickly anyway. And even if I were, I wouldn't want to know which of my teammates is where on the minimap, anyway. I want to be able to turn this function off if I feel like it (which I obviously do).

Movement speed while attacking with melee is impossible. Even with a max speed zeph, I am suddenly unable to do any sort of forward movement while attacking. It really should be tied to movement speed or something. This is a bummer to melee enthusiasts.

I am getting used to the new map and it does have a nicer look compared to the old one.

However, the market needs to have the blueprints made much more visible. Perhaps a separate tab like before. I spent almost an hour today looking for the weapon blueprints. If this confused me, this is not good for new players. I'm trying to get some of my friends into the game. They won't play if what they see first when logging in is an apparent paywall.

Void missions, where to begin... I've only been playing the game for a little over a month, and I thought the original version was much better. Now I'm stuck with this ugly "Sealing Fissure 90%" dominating the top of my screen each time I run one even after we finish sealing the void.

The good: Choices. The fact that you are able to choose what you get from doing a fissure mission is great.

The bad: The bugs; only one "mission" type with random spawn location on a basic mission map and it spams enemies at you that cause visual clutter to the point where I'm just spam firing my sonicor at everything because I can't tell what is going on. In addition, void traces are unnecessarily grindy and the amount I get is affected by other players in my party? Just make rarer relics with better drop percentages. You already have different relics with different drops in the same Era category.

------

Archwing: This was okay before, but now it is vomit-inducing. The uncontrollable spinning camera makes a lot of people dizzy. I needed to lie down after playing two missions. I get that it needed a change, but this is absurd.

The only issue i really have with the update is how focused it is on new players and not older players. The idea of having to fight specters in order to progress to the next planet is executed very well. However, it falls over due to it not also appealing to older players.

What use is a Furis blueprint, and a few thousand credits to an MR 13 player? I can easily buy most of the items offered with no issue. Even then, there is no incentive to even attempt to actually do the junctions as I already have other planets unlocked.

It is way too focused on the 'new player experience.' This leads to it being detrimental towards giving a new experience to players. Especially old ones as they have no reason to even bother with the content introduced. Its a time sink with no reward or progression for older players. I already progressed past the point which they are intended to take you, therefore I have to reason to attempt it.

There should have been an option to at least reset star chart progress in order to actually allow older players to experience the 'new player experience.' 

This includes being able to restart old quests. It gives older players a reason to replay all of the lower level and forgotten missions. It was mentioned when U14 dropped that there was work going towards replayable quests. What happened? Or even Nightmare Versions of the quests? Those were mentioned too. So many ideas are brought up yet largely ignored. 

Regardless, the update is very pleasing aesthetically. And overall makes the general mission process feel more refined. It's just that the rewards for making progress are rendered null to older players who only have void content to farm. I shouldn't have to make a new account, forfeit everything I earned: my platinum, my prime access packs, my weapons, my companions, etc. Just so I can actually experience an entire update.

I want to be able to enjoy having to reactivate solar junctions, not see them as a chore with no reward. 

What I think would make the update feel more rewarding to the older playerbase would be giving an option to reset star chart progress, placing the player at Terminus. And allow them to work themselves back up to their former status. But only for those who wish to do so. Second of all, give older players a reason to activate junctions other than mastery and fodder items. Have the loot scale up based on mastery, or do a token economy. 

This would allow players to actually experience the update as intended. Allow them to work themselves up the rails again should they wish to do so.

It's not enjoyable having to go, "Oh I guess ill just play lower level missions for no reason as I already have gotten past them and the rewards for replaying them are low-tier."

This effectively cuts off half of the player-base from the whole update as well as further ones because most content is geared towards the 'new player experience.'

I have a problem with how forma bp is being ranked in the void relic. Some are ranked as 'common' and some are 'rare'. It just doesn't sit right especially the chance of getting a forma bp increases substantially with the trace you spend on it. e.g V1, K1, N2 

2 minutes ago, Angary said:

I have a problem with how forma bp is being ranked in the void relic. Some are ranked as 'common' and some are 'rare'. It just doesn't sit right especially the chance of getting a forma bp increases substantially with the trace you spend on it. e.g V1, K1, N2 

Honestly, sell some stuff and buy it. 3 forms for 30plat...

Kick in the teeth #21 for SOTR. I have all the planets unlocked, that's cool. i can still put my extractors down on all the planets, that's as it shoudl be. But wait, except for Eris, which i've been putting an extractor on recently.

What don't I have unlocked on Eris? Mutalist Alad V and Jordas Golem.

ARE....YOU....KIDDING?

I did the jordas Golem, I hated the Jordas Golem. I farmed for my Atlas. I paid my Dues  I got Mutalist Coordinates. I got Mesa. I SOLD MY COORDINATES. Now I have to do it again? You have got to be joking with this. I've played that already and hated it, making us do it again isn't "Cool" it isn't "Fun" and it isn't at all necessary.

Edited by Shockwave-

1 minute ago, -Filthy.Casual- said:

Honestly, sell some stuff and buy it. 3 forms for 30plat...

I meant that I don't want them. There are some relic that it is marked as 'common' and that's fine. Spending traces decreases the chance of you getting them. But there are other relic that it is marked as rare, and your chance of getting it actually increases with traces spent by A LOT.  I honestly don't like spending 100 trace to have an increasing chance of getting forma bp >.<

9 minutes ago, Angary said:

Yeah I saw that. On some relics it si down the bottom on some it's 2nd to the top. I'm going to LOVE refining that relic to get the top spot and getting a a forma instead..... ouch.

Here's my overall thoughts of the new startchart that came with the specters of the rail.

Good Things:

- Farming for specific void parts has been made somewhat more reasonable, using void pieces to increase your chances of getting a certain part makes 1) knowing what you can get clearer and 2) YOU yourself can increase that chance

- New missions that have 35+ enemies

- Void fissures provide a challenge even in the lowest of tier missions

- Some missions have been swapped for the better, take note I'm not talking about Draco

- Visually looks nice

- The Junction bosses and tasks are an interesting incentive - the rewards provided including quests are a nice touch. You have to actively improve at the game rather than cheesing it through by taxi

Bad Things:

- Seeing people whinging that Draco has been ruined, people seriously...Draco isn't the only place to level your gear...

- Okima isn't featured on the market yet, the stance mod doesn't fit it's polarity in the bundle

- Can be a little confusing and the text is a little bit harder on the eyes

- Clicking on a mission means an insta- join compared to having the option to join 

Give it time, and DE will probably listen to a lot of the feedback and try to fix the bugs. Remember these guys were busting their butts off to release this update before Tennocon. Lunaro needed SEVEN hotfixes to get better because of a combination of reports and feedback. I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

1 minute ago, Angary said:

I meant that I don't want them. There are some relic that it is marked as 'common' and that's fine. Spending traces decreases the chance of you getting them. But there are other relic that it is marked as rare, and your chance of getting it actually increases with traces spent by A LOT.  I honestly don't like spending 100 trace to have an increasing chance of getting forma bp >.<

Preach. Let's hope this was all a 4GB dream. Otherwise, RIP WARFRAME 2016, 5 year life span.

Void refinement thingy doesn't use ship colors. I don't have white/green anywhere on my ship, but the new module/segment does:

rFrwjTu.jpg

I also got stuck under my ship platform:

dJZKoVu.jpg

It shouldn't go back up while I'm downstairs.

Edited by Scylax

I think the Archwings need another update to their movement system. This isn't "full" 6 degrees of freedom, in reality it's less than that (3 or 4), since there is clearly no pitch, roll, or z-axis involved in movement. The other degrees of freedom are controlled for you in a very poor manner and can leave players feeling disoriented (especially in closed tilesets). It's not entirely bad, I'm still having fun with the Archwings, but this is a big problem when it comes to traversal.

3 minutes ago, Scylax said:

Void refinement thingy doesn't use ship colors. I don't have white/green anywhere on my ship, but the new module/segment does:

rFrwjTu.jpg

I also got stuck under my ship platform:

dJZKoVu.jpg

It shouldn't go back up while I'm downstairs.

The orokin treatment.

Figured I'd add this feedback in the appropriate place even though it's likely to just be buried.

DE- you NEED to add some sort of indication for a main path through the new starchart. Make the specific line leading through those parts thicker. Add a faint void energy trail. Add blinking red arrows, I- WE- do not care what it is, we just need a way to see through it easier. Right now it all looks the same no matter where you look- and there's so much random unecessary stuff to make it look all pretty that it's almost impossible to see it clearly. The most important thing you can do now for the starchart is from the FIRST node of the game out to every ENDING NODE on any branch of that "tree" of a path you've created is to highlight in some way shape or form. ONLY the direct path. Leave all the other branches thin/unhighlighted. This way both new and old players will be able to clearly see how they need to proceed without staring at it for long periods of time, and we can differentiate the "less important" nodes that we don't need to play to progress- and take them at our own pace instead of potshotting randomly until we find the right ones- assuming we don't want to stare at it for half an hour to see.

I might just be blind- but considering how many people have the same complaint I honestly don't think that's it.