Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Specters of the Rail General Feedback [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

It's ruined. DE completely ruined this game....so many unnecessary changes...so many unnecessary complications....add an axis n call it an "overhaul"...inflate the market with rare drops and kill the value of plat and items.... no real reason to farm for the same item anymore in the same group....just use the relic u want to get what YOU need....removed our MAIN source of XP farming, without so much as an explanation why, and no presented alternative. and even if there was an alternative... those patch notes are so void of valuable FUNCTIONAL information concerning the contents of the patch, you have people in region chat spamming all day long for patch information thats supposed to be readily available

We were promised gold, wrapped in silver, delivered early. instead we got s***, wrapped in garbage, days late.

it's honestly at the point, where its beneficial for DE to roll back the update n pretend this never happened.

RIP Warframe

Edited by AresTheLegendary

7 hours ago, _Chronix said:

The market update was unnecessary. Warframe and weapon blueprints have also been removed so the only way to get frames now is to buy them for plat.

Wrong.

You can still purchase them with credits, it's just an option after you click on the item itself.

I think it is outrageous that there is now a charge for Archwing weapons/frames.  And the base you have is based on what you have claimed.  I had 5 pieces built, just never got around to claiming them and now i can't claim any of them due to lack of slots.  Not even one spare slot for my weapons that i took quite a bit of time to farm.

Here's hoping someone from DE actually reads this by this point in the thread...

FEEDBACK REGARDING THE FIRST FEW JUNCTIONS

One of the very first junctions of the game, Mars Junction from Earth, has an objective requirement sometimes of completing an alert. This is not an issue for older players who have access to plenty of planets. However, for new players with only 1 or 2 planets unlocked, this results in a very very thin pool for getting alert spawns on tile sets they have unlocked, which I feel is an arbitrary wall to progression.

I would recommend instead perhaps a requirement to kill a special buff mob boss, or apply a fusion core to a mod or some other simple, easy to do objective that innately shows a newbie how to play the game without a fixed limiter based on RNG gods deciding when a special mission gets to spawn. The likelyhood of getting a fusion core in the course of your first hour of game play is very high, the likelyhood of an alert landing on Earth or Venus is very low in your first day given an estimated play time of 2-3 hours of an evening.

DE, I hope to God you read this and take this issue into account as limiting the choice of new players behind a definitive road block only unlocked on a random timer in the first day of a new player joining is bad. It's bad for exciting that player, it's bad for retention and it's an issue that should be, hopefully, relatively straight forward to fix.

Thank you.

54 minutes ago, Omnimorph said:

Generally: I like the new Void mission system, it seems to be a bit faster to get things you're aiming for, and I like the fact that it's set up kind of like the Alert system so that you're always guaranteed a PUG, and of course the map/mission variety is nice.  The Nullifier thing doesn't bother me, I kill them fast with melee.  Maybe just tone down the amount and frequency of them a bit.

The Star Map is aesthetically beautiful, and I think it will be enticing and mysterious to new players, but QOL-wise it's even more clunky than the circle, somehow (can't really put my finger on it, but the hover-centric design is a bit annoying, and I can't imagine how irritating it must be for controller users).

AW - DE, why are you continuing to fix something that was never broke in the first place?  Who the hell keeps pushing for continual tweaks to the flight model?  The players?  The very first iteration of the flight model when AW came out was fine, the thing of "momentum" or whatever it is was a downgrade, and this new system seems a further incremental downgrade.  This should not be anything like a flight sim, it should be just WASD in space with an "instant" responsiveness feel, just like on the ground.  That said, the reticle is a big improvement and it seems to be much easier to use the gun to kill things with now (if the ease of shooting is also partly down to the new flight model, then I might retract my previous comment a bit).

I think possibly there are too many changes all at once in this update, and it seems to be upsetting a lot of players.  The Void changes should have been their own update, and the Star Map changes should have been their own update.

RIGHT?! who the F*** told them to change anything about flying in archwings? we're MOBILE SUITS its not supposed to feel like a sluggish flight simulator, ACCURATE INSTANT MOVEMENT. i could be flying at however many hundreds of mph in any given direction, when i tell my suit to stop moving, it should STOP MOVING. THEYRE BUILT FOR WAR not tugging passengers....... it is REALLY hard for me to complete a sentence discussing anything of these things without pointing out DEs cognitive capabilities.

seriously, did they test this update? Did DE put it on a server only for devs, go through the content, give the content clearance for official release, then sit back n think this was gonna please the community? cuz if they didnt test this update, then theyre ACTUALLY excused for this catastrophe, the biggest ive seen in my online gaming history.

if this was tested before approval, DE has just proven they dno at all what theyre doing or what their community wants. these are the facts.

Edited by AresTheLegendary

Four hours. Already bored with closing Fissures. Same frustrating Nullifier slog EVERY time. We thought getting prime stuff was repetitive before? Now we are doing the EXACT SAME THING every mission.

Bring back the old Void. Leave choosing Loot and Resonance mechanics in.

2 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Four hours. Already bored with closing Fissures. Same frustrating Nullifier slog EVERY time. We thought getting prime stuff was repetitive before? Now we are doing the EXACT SAME THING every mission.

Bring back the old Void. Leave choosing Loot and Resonance mechanics in.

u know what i think, make fissures harder, and instead of them "closing" at the end, theyre now "open" as a door to the void. i had the idea thought out but this update has me so heated i forgot....

Roll-back this update. No, seriously, make it like this never happened and we can all move on with our lives because this was obviously not tested thoroughly-enough nor does it seem at all finished. This update could be three months late as long as it was done right, at least in those three months of waiting I could've been playing this game when it was still playable. It's actually baffling how poorly made this update is considering DE's relatively great track-record up until now. I am especially disappointed at how AW was handled, I was very fond of the mode despite its relative lack of support and was looking forward to an improvement, instead I feel like my Tenno is flying under the influence.

Bad show, DE. Bad show.

Here is my feedback ... 

Really dislike the play in the new Relic system, tried a T4(or whatever it's called now) survival and T4 sabotage both were tedious and not much fun. I play solo and not only do I need to fight off the Corrupt but also the enemies from the original mission. 

Grabbing the balls(or what ever they call them)  and putting them back in the rift feels like I'm doing excavation over and over. Never cared fro that game mode and like it even less now.

As for the dogs and cats If I could have my shade and a dog or cat I might be interested. I'm not likely to give up shade for one of animals,

liking the update ^.^ 

startchart looks really cool and feels more interactive, Did confuse me at first but now its pretty easy to navigate.

void fractures/fissures this has made prime farming more easier and entertaining... how ever the enemies don't seem to take the old void feel out. nullies and bombards are annoying less nullies and more enemies would cool. farming ducats are easy now. prime parts for sets are much more easier to get now which is awesome managed to get mags chassis ^.^ before the update the void made me lose interest.

kavats awesomes > still scanning 

holstering > not tried it yet as no plat.

the spawn rate for syndicate hunters seems to have increased? zanuka also finally came after me today and stalker.

sai weapon.. not tried it yet

in all update was worth the wait. no complaints.

suggestion: make the game more gorey/need more blood.

perhaps reduce the time it takes to build warframes or allow them to be sped up with credits? i mean lots of credits.

more bosses

22 minutes ago, Zenchou said:

Roll-back this update. No, seriously, make it like this never happened and we can all move on with our lives because this was obviously not tested thoroughly-enough nor does it seem at all finished. This update could be three months late as long as it was done right, at least in those three months of waiting I could've been playing this game when it was still playable. It's actually baffling how poorly made this update is considering DE's relatively great track-record up until now. I am especially disappointed at how AW was handled, I was very fond of the mode despite its relative lack of support and was looking forward to an improvement, instead I feel like my Tenno is flying under the influence.

Bad show, DE. Bad show.

I can not agree with this enough. Roll back this update. I don't even want to play the game anymore. 

EDIT: #RIPDRACO

Edited by fox_news
bring draco back

I'm very surprised at the backlash with the void fissures. Personally I find them a lot more entertaining, and on top of it all, way less time consuming. Remember that some of these rewards were 20 minutes into a survival, or 4 interceptions long. The question i'm really asking is... where's corrupted vor at now?

The new Star chart is fine by me. Reminds me of the first one but with more details and polish. The relic system seems at first like a good idea to break the monotony of grinding for prime parts on the same mission types but is most certainly a failure.

1. Instead of making it a bit less of a grind, DE just made it ten times more so. Now I have to grind and spend keys in order to upgrade keys/relics?

2.Another issue for me is that I had keys for all missions in the void and now I have half from each tier. That is just unfair. And it can't be a coincidence that the relics which are missing give away mag prime parts in the middle of the open vault. 

3. The void is now just another tileset. The void was always that special area where it made sense to farm for prime parts. I would prefer it if the relic system stayed in place but to have the rewards moved back to the void and still have the relics determine which prizes I have the chance of getting. That way I wouldn't have to do T4 Def over and over and could simply play a different mission type and still have a chance to get the part I want. This would be far more preferable to the "alert" relic system we have now.

4. Void trace drops are too low. I mean, if I am to be attacked by everything in creation while I jump around trying to close the rift I think the reward for staying alive and sacrificing a relic should be more than 7-12 void traces.

I have over 1800 hours on the record and have played the game for three years so far. I'd like to keep on playing but as I am getting older and have other obligations i have less time for grinding hours on end. That is my real issue with the relic system. I hope that this gets more balanced in the future.

Also, I don't get why were the missions reshuffled? Ceres is now one of the easiest planets? And what was the point of the arenas? No rewards, and they definitely do not fit into the story in any way. With other types of missions you get the Lotus telling you why you are doing the mission as if to create the illusion that whatever the mission, you are fighting the enemy and doing them harm. This just looks like an arbitrarily placed arena for when the tenno get tired of the war and just want to be what, gladiators? I know its not a big issue exactly, but it really bugs me.

Who knows, maybe it will all come together after the "War within" update. I hope.

I think the void fissure system is the most boring thing I ever did in warframe, after 3-4 runs it became extremely repetitive. The old void needed a face lift not an overhaul.

The rest of the update is great, except for one other thing on the solar map. Did you ever look outside and saw that big gaseous incandescent and wondrous sphere called the sun (praise it) I mean that thing is huge, but on the solar map it look like a dimming flashlight.

I have a lot mixed feelings over the changes here.

One thing that seems universal here and I agree with is the market is just plain broken, that needs a rollback, nothing was streamlined or fixed by the change, appreciate you guys trying something new, but this is a big no.

Starchart, 90% of my complaint and most other people's complaints would be solved with making node info more accessible, and of course bringing back the option to choose which mission to start when multiple missions are available on a single node.

I like the concept of the tears and I see what we were aiming for there, but you've destroyed the team component of void running for prime parts. I can't even seem to start a tear mission with a prebuilt team, the system doesn't allow it. I will not be able to deal with that, that will seriously end this game for me.

I don't even see the point in clans or groups attempting to play anymore if I can't put up a 'key' and take a party into an instance. Definitely a game killer for me there. I can't think my way around this specific problem.

Edited by Maguscreed
ramming home the level of suck.

16 minutes ago, Maguscreed said:

I have a lot mixed feelings over the changes here.

One thing that seems universal here and I agree with is the market is just plain broken, that needs a rollback, nothing was streamlined or fixed by the change, appreciate you guys trying something new, but this is a big no.

Starchart, 90% of my complaint and most other people's complaints would be solved with making node info more accessible, and of course bringing back the option to choose which mission to start when multiple missions are available on a single node.

I like the concept of the tears and I see what we were aiming for there, but you've destroyed the team component of void running for prime parts. I can't even seem to start a tear mission with a prebuilt team, the system doesn't allow it. I will not be able to deal with that, that will seriously end this game for me.

I don't even see the point in clans or groups attempting to play anymore if I can't put up a 'key' and take a party into an instance. Definitely a game killer for me there. I can't think my way around this specific problem.

Totally agree. The team concept is gone. Getting a pub game together adn going at T4D or whatever was fun. Then siwtch to survival or what not. Not it's fissure, fissure, fissure, fissure, fissure. It's a huge step backwards.

Syndicate Mission Nerf

I didn't see this in the patch notes but it was so long i could have missed it.

I took a look at my syndicate missions today and the rewards were cut in half. 3K for a top tier mission and 5K for a defense mission on Eris (used to be 6K and 9+K)

Just one more kick in the teeth to add to this update. Guess we needed to have that nerfed because archwing stuff went in there instead of dropping from arching missions. I wanted to play archwing for a reason... not buy it with syndicate standing.

It's really unclear what you can buy for credits in the Market now. Feels like you're trying to trick people into using buying for plat what they would prefer to get for credits. I hope thats not the case, and that you fix it and make it clear what you can buy with wich currency.