Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone else have a theme to their pets names?

Abenoki

Im wondering, do any of you theme your pet names like i do?

I.E

My kubrow are all named after earth/stone gods/goddesses (minus the one i always name after my cat shiro)

Atlas, Tera, Etc. 

or 

My Kavat are named after water gods/goddeses

Acio (from Acionna a Gallo-Roman water goddess)

what is your name theme? or more how do you choose your pets names? 

With the exception of my first kubrow (Bastion, a Raksa), all of my kubrows have Hebrew names that begin with A (Amraphel the Huras, "he speaks of secrets"; Asher the Sunika, "lucky"; Aliza the Chesa, "joyful", etc.)

My kavats will have Latin names that start with A, i.e., my Smeeta Antal, "praiseworthy".

I do a lot of miniature painting, so I tend to name mine after hobby paints that correspond to the color of their coats (i.e. my light brown Huras is "Agrella" after "Agrellan Earth"; my dark gray Sahasa is "Eshin" after "Eshin Gray" etc.).

First two kubrows were Egyptian themed (Nefertiti, then Pharoah), third kubrow was a lotus, named him Familiar, finally 4 more kubrows (all female) being Dawn,Clementine,Ymir, and Snuffles (puppy). Then the kavats. Amazingly 3 random incubations resulted in 3 females being Mr. Mumbles, Sophie, and Nigel. Have a fourth kavat which I'm naming once I log on.

my Kubrows & origin of name

- Jeffrey (Huras); Jeffrey was a name I jokingly gave my Bloodwing in the first Borderlands, and it was a running gag I kept with. I just like the Name too.

- Tango (Huras); bright orange, so I named him after the soft drink. when he gets downed, it has the bonus of saying "Tango is down!"

- Bukow (Sunika); me and a friend messed around with the word Kubrow. he spelt his backwards (Worbuk), I rearranged it minus the R.

- Bluebeard (Sunika); he had a blue chin and I was playing as Hydroid at the time.

- Greeneer; (Chesa); was almost entirely Hek Green, so used Grineer with wordplay.

- Chaser (Chesa); just in case I forgot what he does.

the only ones I still have are Tango and Bukow, as they are both Omegas. I would love a White Omega Raksa so that I can call it Ghost, after the Dire Wolf from Game of Thrones.

26 minutes ago, blackheartstar_pc said:

Yes, A Song of Ice and Fire based. Ghost (Sahasa), Lady (Huras), Nymeria (Chesa), Grey Wind (Raksa), and Summer (Sunika) for my Kubrows

Also we need one more Kubrow breed. Trying to figure out what to do for cat names.

Hah, I also went mostly with A Song of Ice and Fire theme. I used Meraxes, Drogon, and Nymeria, but kind of drifted away from that and named my fourth Inavani after Navani Kholin from The Stormlight Archive (symmetrical names are considered the most pleasing in that series, but having a perfect palindrome was considered arrogant so of course I had to make it one).

Edited by Hassohappa

I've named all my Kubrows after legendary beasts-- Nessie, Whangdoodle, Globster, Borogrove, Mothman, Tarrasque, Mooncalf, and Waheela. (The exception was Spider Dog, because he was blue and red.)

I plan to name my Kavats after different ghosts and spirits.

I named two of my Kubrows after my own Dogs (Rue/Zaphod) and two after Bioncle Sets (Vorox and Spinax, of course :P )

And...I named the fifth one Eliza. Don't really know why.

Anyway, when I get my first Kavat, I'll name it after one of my Cats: Pretty-little missy-rocket tippy-toe sidewinder IV, Esquire.

Or PLMRTS IV for short.

:P