Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gift of Tennocon alert lvl 200-9999

Rimuru

2 hours ago, (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy said:

There seems to be a variety of ways to do this mission. I used Ivara to steal life support, works like a charm.

Otherwise, you just need some luck and break open crates (Iv been playing attention to normal lockers on survivals and I dont think life support actually drops from lockers at all, but I dont know). If you dont have anything that can beat this alert then ask someone to help who has Ivara or a frame/mod that can kill enemies.

There is a plethora of ways people have mentioned in this entire thread and yet I still see responses that complain about things we already answered. If you really have bad karma with RNGeezus then nothing can help you! The whole bloody game works on RNG, if you werent complaining about this it would be something else.

Actually what I'm complaining about is that the SotR update removed any option of skipping the alert and now i have to wait 35 hours just to be able to start playing again.

I did it with Nekros and a Jat Kittag.  Blasted the enemies into a pit, desecrated to get extra life supports(I think I had enough to not use Nekros, I brought him just in case).  The pit in the hallway under the platform(yes, I know, terrible instructions) is enough to kill enemies but you can jump onto a ledge down there without going black.  I didn't even need the last life support capsule.

9 hours ago, PrimaryComplex said:

Do you remember were your LS modules dropped from? Was it a canister or a locker? Since I'm basically forced to do this alert anyway i might as well grind it.

I believe most of them dropped from one of the small side rooms, the one that has two stairs right next to each side of the door leading up to a higher floor with a row of lockers and which usually has a bunch of crates in it. 

Finally had time to do it. And it was really boring. We killed mobs fast and for some reason they didn't respawn so we were just running around looking for oxygen for the rest of the mission. Barely had enough to finish it.

Also game did great job again explaining nothing about the mission with new rules. Had to try it few times just to understand what's going on.

I wonder if this mission was somehow related to TennoCon and the people that put it on. For instance, the enemies not doing any damage but players still killing them is the analogy of how the playerbase always goes in for the kill to try and survive something that means them no harm Or rip into the devs while all the time they want to show us that it is not all about end game but taking the time to breathe and figure out how to make it to the reward?

Only DE knows the reason they made the level this way and I hope they share all the secrets of it to us one day. 

Did this with a squad of 2 ivaras, both equipped with a dagger with Covert Lethality.

Seemed easy once we managed to find a spot where enemies crowd in a tight clump, activate prowl and get some of the needed LS that way Surely you will get some from the group swarming you two standing close to each other. And then use sleep arrows to open finishers.

Me and my clanmate finished with something like 30% on the LS meter and one unactivated pod.
Would have been able to stretch the LS even more, but the enemies stopped spawning completely with something like 2:30 left on the timer.

I have to admit this was not the best alert ever. It required absolutely no skill and relied too much on RNG and cheese, and will surely cause many players to give up in frustration.

But it is doable, managed to pub it with a rank 20 Chroma as well, with a Redeemer. Redeemer was fairly useless but I Spent most of the time running after LS or standing in place to bait enemies in one large pile for other players to have easier time killing them.

Edited by SoanoS

On 09/07/2016 at 9:31 PM, VisionAndVoice said:

I, for one, am mad because this alert is unrepeatable. I wanted to try many ways of beating it, I wanted to experiment! Plus I accidentaly took the wrong loadout on the mission, so I couldn't try what I had in mind. To add insult to injury, I was carried through it anyway.

^^^ this. I wanted to do it again as well...

8 hours ago, PrimaryComplex said:

Actually what I'm complaining about is that the SotR update removed any option of skipping the alert and now i have to wait 35 hours just to be able to start playing again.

Now THAT sounds mega annoying. With the new map system in place for PC players Im guessing it blocks progress until you do it?

9 hours ago, (XB1)MechaBeowulf DW said:

Which is what a lot of us are complaining about.  Through no fault of our own, after doing everything we could possibly do with what we have, we get screwed out of rewards entirely due to RNG.  I'm fine with RNG when it comes to rewards at the end of a mission, but not when RNG determines the success of the mission itself.

Through no fault of your own you could farm for most anything in this game and not get it. You just said you are fine with RNG for rewards but right before you complain that you are not fine with RNG for rewards!

Yes I know what you are trying to say and I disagree completely. RNG to get a reward compared to RNG to... erm... get enough life support to get a reward. Well its the same thing to me which is where I disagree with you view. I think you are just complaining! (which is fine:)

I understand your frustration but its the same frustration you could get when (drumroll plez):

Through no fault of your own you could get a sortie you are simply not equipped to do, like a sniper only survival. You dont have the time, without Plat, to build a sniper you dont have to complete this sortie and it wont let you in without a sniper.

Funny thing is on this TennoCon event, which lasts 3 days you could join squads or farm for Covert Lethality.

4 hours ago, PinkamenaDiane said:

I believe most of them dropped from one of the small side rooms, the one that has two stairs right next to each side of the door leading up to a higher floor with a row of lockers and which usually has a bunch of crates in it. 

I did every one of those I could find. They are basically dead end rooms. Nothing like the number I needed came from them, but hey, it's just a bad RNG GOTL. It's not like it's worth a game breaking exclusive mod or irrelevant Stratos Emblem.

Just a question (NOT a complaint).  My wife and I are really new to WF and don't have any of the fancy 'Frames and/or any of the weapons and mods mentioned here that made is so "easy" for people to complete this.  We have tried over 10 times now, and have run out of air before we can finish the countdown, every time.  It's not even close.  So is this mission doable for new players at all?  Or are we just wasting time and getting more and more frustrated?

P.S. We HAVE broken every container and unlocked locker - no help.

Edited by DaBruuzer

41 minutes ago, DaBruuzer said:

Just a question (NOT a complaint).  My wife and I are really new to WF and don't have any of the fancy 'Frames and/or any of the weapons and mods mentioned here that made is so "easy" for people to complete this.  We have tried over 10 times now, and have run out of air before we can finish the countdown, every time.  It's not even close.  So is this mission doable for new players at all?  Or are we just wasting time and getting more and more frustrated?

you'll probably have to go together with people that do have the mods or warframes, if you don't have the things mentioned it's impossible. 

1 hour ago, DaBruuzer said:

Sadly the RNGod is not with you. Ask for direct help Tenno! Someone will help Im sure of it.

5 hours ago, (XB1)DShinShoryuken said:

I wonder if this mission was somehow related to TennoCon and the people that put it on.

Only DE knows the reason they made the level this way and I hope they share all the secrets of it to us one day. 

This alert was actually "designed" by the people at TennoCon, I was actually there when they made it and got to see how the alerts are made, it was pretty fun seeing that.

Also, they were messing around and at one point they had it just spawn in Stalkers (at the same level).

Edited by Reidmaster

Maybe we get another alert after the Tennocon, with lvl 0-1 enemies and players have aura that does that 1hp damage they have... Sentinel only. And the reward will be a fieldron sample and 1 credit.  :P

Edited by SoanoS

11 hours ago, (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy said:

Through no fault of your own you could farm for most anything in this game and not get it. You just said you are fine with RNG for rewards but right before you complain that you are not fine with RNG for rewards!

Yes I know what you are trying to say and I disagree completely. RNG to get a reward compared to RNG to... erm... get enough life support to get a reward. Well its the same thing to me which is where I disagree with you view. I think you are just complaining! (which is fine:)

I understand your frustration but its the same frustration you could get when (drumroll plez):

Through no fault of your own you could get a sortie you are simply not equipped to do, like a sniper only survival. You dont have the time, without Plat, to build a sniper you dont have to complete this sortie and it wont let you in without a sniper.

Funny thing is on this TennoCon event, which lasts 3 days you could join squads or farm for Covert Lethality.

You...completely misunderstood.  I said that I'm fine with RNG rewards at the end of a mission, but I don't like the idea of RNG determining the success or failure of the mission itself.  I'm not trying to be condescending, but do you really not see the difference?

As for your comment about Tennocon, I was away at a wedding for that entire weekend so...invalid criticism.