Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Star Chart 3.0 Bugs [Megathread]

[DE]Taylor

Please fix or bring back Nightmare missions in the solar map. Currently they're missing and only available from nightmare alerts (with the exception of nightmare trials). Having nightmare missions in the solar map which you can farm would be extremely helpful, especially to the newer players, and some of us just want to do some nightmare missions.

On the senda junction, 1 task is to get 3 LUA principle challenge mods. HOWEVER, it did not say they have to be different. I worked hard to get 3 challenges done and 2 of them are the same, and it DID NOT count towards my progression which i find very frustrating.

On 22.07.2016 at 11:00 AM, BigBlackCook said:

On the senda junction, 1 task is to get 3 LUA principle challenge mods. HOWEVER, it did not say they have to be different. I worked hard to get 3 challenges done and 2 of them are the same, and it DID NOT count towards my progression which i find very frustrating.

Same thing happened to me and I was about to post it. Even though it says "Get 3 ANY mods from Orokin challenges" if you do the same challenge it won't count.

Meaning: I did 4 challenges, 3 of them were the same and the counter got stuck at 2/3.

I don't know if this has already been covered, but I'm having issues where I accidentally select a mission and either can't cancel out of it or am immediately thrown into the mission with no timer at all. Really wish they would go back to having to accept the mission before being thrown into the queue, sure it's not as fast but it save so many headaches.

[SOLVED] 
EDIT:

I guess i must have claimed the Specters Via the Mobile app before.Still not sure.
But building the phase specters and claiming them via PC satisfied the condition. Thanks for the help though. Just wanted to be 100% sure that it was'nt fault at my end.

Well at least for me.
OK, so I've been stuck for 3 days now on Jupiter. The Junction Condition for Jupiter to Europa : "Craft a Warframe Specter" isnt working. Built 10 x vapor specters and used 5 already. Initially thought it was because i didn't finish the Alad V mission. Did that and no change. So had a chat with mod cxll (look chat tabs) and he/she pointed me here.
Cant Progress further because unlocking Saturn requires completing the "THE NEW STRANGE" Quest which is the Junction reward for Europa Junction.
SCREENSHOTS: [Let me know what else to add, will build phase specters and post pic too once its built].

1. Jupiter Star Chart with all nodes unlocked[Extractor running]:

3F52373963D54FA6A740DB6C621199A4F294E804

2.Jupiter to Europa Junction conditions. Went to the junction, "Press X" doesnt show up.

0AEE7D1E7F597F3CD935B463BC6D32FF32C7C4DB

3. Proof that i built and used Vapor Specters

B17BA76D30C0DE83811B57CF19994389C4B6A0C0

I believe the FOLLOW option wont appear unless its mine.

A1726971AFBAC44497FE5E31C7FC23B3354A7DFF

Edited by Cynaren
solved it

@tastic
Building Phase Specters now, will sumbit request at helpdesk if this too fails.
I dont remember if i used the mobile app to claim the specters or was on pc. Anyways will update the issue after 8hrs after accepting the specters via PC.Just to be sure.
BTW what category does this issue come under? 

i assume its "My Account" and Category is "Update Account information"??

Edited by Cynaren

@tastic
Ah never mind. Its resolved. YAY.
I guess i must have claimed the Specters Via the mobile app.Still not sure.
But building the phase specters and claiming them via PC satisfied the condition. Thanks for the help pointing out it was an isolated error and no one else had it. Just wanted to be 100% sure that it was'nt fault at my end.

SO should i Remove the posts? or let them be?
BTW you should check it out if accepting the specter via mobile app also worked on that test account of yours. Maybe the Mobile app doesnt have code implementation that updates foundry items to starchart. Just a guess. :)

Edited by Cynaren

When zoomed in on planet Eris and you click somewhere in the chat box, the game thinks you click the Sharpless, Phobos node and starts a 10 second count down. Obviously im not trying to play on Sharpless but chat with my clan or recruit. Clicking anywhere inside the chat box or any of the other UI (except alerts drop down) triggers this.

After some testing, this only happens when you select Eris and get zoomed in and you happen to click in the chat box

Spoiler

y1pHhuK.jpgReXlm6b.jpg9zMTZl9.jpg

When Playing warframe through steam BPM the resources that you now hide under the resource extractor icon now won't pop up when the mouse or the "cursor" hovers over it. This wasn't always the case it worked leading up to Hotfix 12 I believe and hasn't worked for that update and wasn't fixed with this update.

240yzcn.jpg

Edited by Bondsmagi

On 7/26/2016 at 3:57 PM, minibboy35 said:

When zoomed in on planet Eris and you click somewhere in the chat box, the game thinks you click the Sharpless, Phobos node and starts a 10 second count down... Clicking anywhere inside the chat box or any of the other UI (except alerts drop down) triggers this.

This happens to me, but I noticed it because of the "ZOOM OUT" button.

Steps to replicate: (1) set resolution to 1280x720, (2) enter star chart, (3) click "ERIS", (4) click "ZOOM OUT".

Ways to avoid it:

1. Change resolution to include more height. For example, I play in 1280x720 (non-borderless 1288x747 window) where the bug occurs, but stretching the window so that the context is as large as or larger than 1280x758 (after repeated tests; 1288x785 window) avoids the issue for me.
  2. Drag Eris to the left. After about 120px, the issue is avoided.
  3. Drag Eris to the right. After about 30px, the issue is avoided.

This is not uncommon in my experience with the star chart >

Fairly often just trying to move the chart ends up dropping me into a mission before I have a chance to cancel (and then have to abort once I'm in it.) The clip above here is just me trying to get to the kronia relay, not the most graceful experience.

This: Video

void Starchart_onHideNodes(){
	Starchart_hideCurrentNodeDescription();
	// or
    // Starchart_triggerMouseEvent(GLOBAL, "mouseOut");
}

And the fact that if I'm on public machmaking, most of the times click on a node results in - "Please wait" (especially if there are open squads) and immediately a loading screen.

Edit: I saw a couple of other people having the same problem so It's not just me as I previously thought.

Edited by Braynstorm
Code (hot)fix

Apologies if this is a known issue.

After logging on for the first time in about a week I went to the star chart and immediately i'm zoomed in on Pluto which is normal as i was doing missions on Pluto last time i was online,

however no matter where i clicked on the map the game was attempting to launch me into Sedna junction mission and I could not cancel the countdown....eh well not completely. 

Each time I clicked the cancel button the timer would back up to 3 seconds and continue to count down.  

I decided to let the timer run down to see what would happen. The timer gets to 1 second and stops but is still displayed. I try to click a different mission and the timer for Sedna junction starts again.  

I back out of starchart and go back into it again and everything is normal.

Since the beginning of the Specters of the Rail update and updated UI on extractor drones, i and other people i saw in the chats, miss out on the extractor icon.

Normally, one should be able to see the Icon, when zooming into the orbit of a "planet", Instead there is only the white circle.

Imgur album showcasing different instances in which the icon is missing:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GorgonTheHeroine
On 7/8/2016 at 4:51 PM, Serpenthyne said:

After seeing I could get the Void Relic Refining Segment from completing tasks for the Mars Junction, I went ahead to do that; I completed the E Prime mission 3 times and defeated a number of Frontier Lancer enemies, however, the # defeated remained at 49/150 (which is what it was at after the first time I completed E Prime), and it said that I had only completed E Prime 1/3 times even though I know I fulfilled the requirement. There doesn't seem to be any trouble with the other requirements on that junction. Just those two.

1. E Prime Sabotage 3/3 - If you were grouping, you have to be the one to interact with both points.

2. Frontier Grineer 150/150 - If killed by companions and/or other group members, you won't get credit. Likewise, kills only count once per a mission. So, repeating E Prime won't raise your kill score. I did the excavation mission at Cervantes, to get those 150 kills in one go.

3. Junction rewards - You will receive them after you killed the Specter, and punched that button. If you didn't, please contact support.