Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[spoiler] I don't know if I can trust Lotus

Kronxito

On 7/14/2016 at 4:18 AM, ArionLightning said:

Will we have to make a choice in future between Lotus and another thing?

I've been saying it for years, Lotus is setting us up for failure.  In my player's guide, for years I had written "Lotus claims to look out for our safety".

Further proof of my mistrust:  

However, seeing as how she sent me up against Jupiter Corpus at Mastery 3 with no Serration mod of any kind (I hadn't hit that delightful 109 hour mark), I clearly think she just likes watching us die.

First chance I get, I'm joining Maroo.  She's smart, sassy, clever, independent, and probably cute.

Edited by EvilKam

Oh this again.

Out-of-game:

There is too much dialogue such that replacing the lotus would be prohibitavly expensive for DE, hece there will never provide a reason to replace the lotus, hence the lotus will remail trustworthy.

In-Game:

Regardless of the detail of the matter, the Lotus is axial the Tenno's survival and is quite literally the only being in the Origin system that has the Tenno's safety as her first priority. 

In game or out of game there is literally no reason not trust the Lotus, She is quite obviously the narrator of the game so any "theories" of "gut feelings" on the topic are obviously nonsense and/or wishful thinking.

On 7/14/2016 at 4:24 AM, QuiQuQa said:

Yeah she is a sentient indeed, one that abandoned and betrayed her whole race, plans and ideals just to save us, to protect us, to adopt us as her space children.

Sounds like enslavement to me.

On 7/14/2016 at 5:20 AM, ragingdeamon said:

Sentients aren't robots, they are living. otherwise they would have sent cephalons to Tau, not Sentients. 

and no Teloch, I just trust the Lotus, and what the devs said just reinforces that. it's way more simple and more believable than whatever theory on "why lotus is evil" I have seen around. 

cephalons came after the Sentients returned with a gift bag full of war

40 minutes ago, Urlan said:

I don't remember Cephalons as being mentioned to be after the Sentients rebelled. Mind pointing me towards a link or entry for that if possible?

It's hinted at in the Cephalon Fragments.  Ordis says, "If I am a machine, how can I think?  This would be forbidden by the Orokin; a manifestation of their true enemy."

Edited by Aekhon

On July 14, 2016 at 4:24 AM, CTanGod said:

If we do get a choice I'm gonna go with Stalker! All Stalker wants is to free his Warframe brothers and sisters from the grasp of the Lotus and the Operators! (might not be true but I want to believe so!)

You might be disappointing when you find out that Stalker is the monstrous ID...the dark collective unconscious of your Tenno or all Tenno (Freud, Jung) given life through a Warframe.

Did you think being an eternal child-slave-super soldier exposed to the horrors of war and endlessly killing from a dream state wouldn't have repercussions?

Strange that he always knows where you are...right?

Let's look at a very pivotal phrase:

"You HATE them.  You hate YOURSELF."

Now let's mirror it:

"You hate him (Stalker).  You hate YOURSELF."

And interestingly, in that moment when he could easily have crushed your neck...he hesitated, yes?