Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just make Carrier's Vacuum a default effect for all companions already!

Akimbo

As the title really. I want to use my other companions, I want to use my new Kavat! However they're just worthless in comparison to the mobility / speed granted by having Vacuum as an effect. I don't ever have to stop moving, I don't have to aim for pickups I can just fly through a level and be constantly filling up with energy and ammo. Other companions require me to slow down or change direction etc. which just isn't very fun in a game with such a focus on manouverability.

1) This should be a default effect for all companions.

2) This is NOT a problem with Vacuum being too good. It's a problem with all other abilities paling in comparison. (No, that doesn't mean buffing the other effects is an acceptable solution.)

3) This isn't even a difficult to change to put in to the game and would make a large quality of life change, especially for newer players who get caught out a lot because they stop moving.

I think another way it would be if the vacuum ability would be assigned to a mod or in a similar way like the exilus adapter (available for all companions) leaving the choice for the player weather they want it for their companion or not.

9 hours ago, Akimbo said:

2) This is NOT a problem with Vacuum being too good. It's a problem with all other abilities paling in comparison. (No, that doesn't mean buffing the other effects is an acceptable solution.)

Maybe changing the vacuum ability a bit in the case of the Carrier, making it more special so that when all other companion would have access to this ability, the Carrier wouldn't loose its meaning, not just enhancing its range. Fx it could convert resources, or maybe work like a Desecrate, or raise the damage it deals in direct proportion to how much resources it gathered (or depending on damage type - resource fx. the more Oxium it gathers the more shield damage it does).

Edited by Septerv

No, that's not needed. If you think Shade's cloak or the Diraga's stun are not useful enough to bring to a battle, that's your problem, but automatic AoE loot collection is definitely not trait that needs to be universal. Carrier is a top choice for players who need every single polymer bundle they can get, but there's a point in anyone's career where they have accumulated so many resources that it becomes an afterthought.

I still to take the Carrier when I go for an occasional Neural Sensor hunt, but outside of that, it's virtually useless to me. Yeah, you don't have to do a 3 meter detour for an energy orb, and in certain builds(Ash bladestorm/Ember WoF) I can see how that benefits your combat potential, but making it universal is an unreasonable request at the very least.

7 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

No, that's not needed. If you think Shade's cloak or the Diraga's stun are not useful enough to bring to a battle, that's your problem, but automatic AoE loot collection is definitely not trait that needs to be universal. Carrier is a top choice for players who need every single polymer bundle they can get, but there's a point in anyone's career where they have accumulated so many resources that it becomes an afterthought.

I still to take the Carrier when I go for an occasional Neural Sensor hunt, but outside of that, it's virtually useless to me. Yeah, you don't have to do a 3 meter detour for an energy orb, and in certain builds(Ash bladestorm/Ember WoF) I can see how that benefits your combat potential, but making it universal is an unreasonable request at the very least.

i have 90k cryotic, hundreds of all rare resources (even nitain = 95), and all the resources i need. I use carrier because in a game centered around loot, missing them would be quite annoying. I would easily have missed alot of good mods without vaccum. i think carrier needs a new precept and vaccum needs to be a sentinel mod.

Just make what we know today as Vacuum to be the default loot pickup range for all Warframes, companion or otherwise.  Then make Looter a default precept for Carrier in its place.  Or maybe something new, like the ability to generate ammunition - I mean, Sentinels can already restore health (Medi-Ray), and shields (Guardian), why not another combat resource?

30 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

Just make what we know today as Vacuum to be the default loot pickup range for all Warframes, companion or otherwise.  Then make Looter a default precept for Carrier in its place.  Or maybe something new, like the ability to generate ammunition - I mean, Sentinels can already restore health (Medi-Ray), and shields (Guardian), why not another combat resource?

This. 

Carrier should be there to supplement damage and ammo for hungry weapons (Vile Acceleration ALL the things), not be the only companion worth using in a loot-centric game >.>

For a precept it could just have a built in ammo multiplier. x2 or x2.5 of all ammo or ammo mutation for whatever weapon you are currently using. The code is practically already there, just need to make the decision to make all companions worth while. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 14-7-2016 at 2:19 PM, Akimbo said:

As the title really. I want to use my other companions, I want to use my new Kavat! However they're just worthless in comparison to the mobility / speed granted by having Vacuum as an effect. I don't ever have to stop moving, I don't have to aim for pickups I can just fly through a level and be constantly filling up with energy and ammo. Other companions require me to slow down or change direction etc. which just isn't very fun in a game with such a focus on manouverability.

1) This should be a default effect for all companions.

3) This isn't even a difficult to change to put in to the game and would make a large quality of life change, especially for newer players who get caught out a lot because they stop moving.

booooohoooooo i dont want to pick items upp whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

45 minutes ago, maxedpotato said:

booooohoooooo i dont want to pick items upp whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

No I don't.  How does needing to pick up plastids enhance the game play experience at all?

Personally I don't care what carrier gets as a replacement since I would never use carrier again.

On 7/14/2016 at 3:01 PM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

We don't need other companions because our frames and weapons do the job better.  Not using carrier means you have to run for anything you do want.  This is a game about loot.  If your argument states loot is pointless you are missing the point of the game.  You are free to miss the point as much as you like, but you can't use such arguments as reasons for what should or should not be in the game.

I don't want vaccuum on my companions. My cat doesn't listen to me and runs off on it's own constantly. My kubrow too. My loot would end up as a hairball on my pillow that I'd only find when I turn the game off. 

However if they just increased the warframes pickup range to the same as carriers.. well then I wouldn't ever need to put my cat in the freezer. 

When I first started playing Warframe, I was actually surprised/annoyed that you had to get literally on top of items to loot them.  In many other games, area looting is normal.  In a fast-paced game like Warframe, it should be normal here as well.

To the people against innate area looting or any of the other suggestions people have made...why?  Looting has absolutely nothing to do with player skill or "laziness".  Not wanting to have to stop and run around grabbing loot while swarms of enemies are attacking you is not being lazy, it's called being efficient.

I swear, I feel people just disagree for the sake of disagreeing sometimes.  Why any player would prefer going around looking for loot just seems masochistic to me. The challenge in Warframe is supposed to be Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Corrupted, etc...not our ability to run on top of loot.

1 hour ago, Tizodd said:

To the people against innate area looting or any of the other suggestions people have made...why?  Looting has absolutely nothing to do with player skill or "laziness".  1.Not wanting to have to stop and run around grabbing loot while swarms of enemies are attacking you is not being lazy, it's called being efficient.

I swear, I feel people just disagree for the sake of disagreeing sometimes.  2.Why any player would prefer going around looking for loot just seems masochistic to me. The challenge in Warframe is supposed to be Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Corrupted, etc...not our ability to run on top of loot.

1. This black and white argument again, you can do both at the same time. And yes, its 'efficient' if you want efficiency. But nobody is forcing you to use it.

2. ''going around looking for loot'' Loot is dropped on straight paths most of the time unless its a big tile. I repeat myself, news flash, you can kill enemies and pickup loot at the same time.

Edited by Misgenesis

Absolutely, why too many "garbage" need to pick up in this game to make contact looting fun, and stuff could bounce and land unexpectedly into places players may have hard time reaching, people including me just don't want to take chance.

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2016 at 11:21 PM, Misgenesis said:

1. This black and white argument again, you can do both at the same time. And yes, its 'efficient' if you want efficiency. But nobody is forcing you to use it.

2. ''going around looking for loot'' Loot is dropped on straight paths most of the time unless its a big tile. I repeat myself, news flash, you can kill enemies and pickup loot at the same time.

You can but that 3m detour for an energy orb or that mod can just mean life and death if you're running high level missions plus :D in a game about loot what's the harm in looting faster? 

(Still stuck in the glory of Volt Prime so X3 I need some way to loot stuff I kill while going fast without going back around)

Edited by Singularity001