Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't seem to defeat Trinity Spector in Ceres Junction

DrXenonBloom

Question

Hi  Everyone,

So, this may seem really noobish but I haven't played Warframe for very long, 100 or so hours. I played during the Lunaro update and am now gettting used to the changes Spectors of the Rail brought. I've been unlocking planets by completing the requirements for each junction but right now I'm stuck at Ceres Junction. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to defeat the Trinity Spector. Maybe I have the wrong combination or something, all the other junction guardians I had no problem defeating but this one, my weapons don't even do an damage and I die because of her Link power in the first 30 seconds.

Using 3 shy of max volt, MK-1 Braton 25 with Serration rank 5, Point Strike rank 4, 240% shield and health and 50% armor. Also, secondary 20% damage and melee 120% damage. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks!

Thanks, I take it Rhino is pretty hardy. I'll definitely acquire one. What was your weapon comp? Or in your opinion is it the warframe that made the difference and weapons choice doesn't matter much? Also, should I invest in companions or sentinels? Would that help make the warframe more formidable, strengthwise, etc...? 

1 hour ago, MaurryVenvillen said:

Thanks, I take it Rhino is pretty hardy. I'll definitely acquire one. What was your weapon comp? Or in your opinion is it the warframe that made the difference and weapons choice doesn't matter much? Also, should I invest in companions or sentinels? Would that help make the warframe more formidable, strengthwise, etc...? 

Choose a weapon that has whumps. my choice was the karak wraith, although you can see that I do almost no damage to trinity.
other than that, you don't really need to watch for anything, just keep iron skin up to prevent getting killed and as KJRenz said, keep ur distance so link doesn't buff her.

11 minutes ago, HowDenKing said:

Choose a weapon that has whumps. my choice was the karak wraith, although you can see that I do almost no damage to trinity.
other than that, you don't really need to watch for anything, just keep iron skin up to prevent getting killed and as KJRenz said, keep ur distance so link doesn't buff her.

Thanks a lot. I'll rank up Rhino and give it another try.

On 7/15/2016 at 0:08 PM, MaurryVenvillen said:

What was your weapon comp? Or in your opinion is it the warframe that made the difference and weapons choice doesn't matter much? Also, should I invest in companions or sentinels? Would that help make the warframe more formidable, strengthwise, etc...? 

I used a Bow and One-shotted her from the console.  There are some frames that make the specters easy. 

Specters are vulnerable to Nyx's Mind Control (her first ability, thankfully). Enemies that are affected by MC appear immune to friendly fire but the damage is tracked then applied once mind control ends.

So, I pop mind control on the specter as soon as the fight starts, then shoot several magazines worth of ammo into it (following it as it wanders around looking for your other enemies). Once MC fades specter takes all that damage at once and usually dies.

Hm, I am not 100% sure but I believe Volts 4 can stun the spectres too, or at least hold them in place? if so I'd suggest bullet jumping toward her, pop the ult, then get some distance if she got the Link off. shoot behind your shield for extra dmg and all that jazz. 

With the energy constantly going up in the rails now I guess spamming the ulti whenever she gets out of the stun would be no problem? 

What warframe are you using? I just Radial Blind right off the bat with my Excalibur and win with a melee finisher. Never had a problem or a spectre fight that lasted longer than 5 seconds.

EDIT: Didn't see that you were using Volt at the bottom of OP's post.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

All of these Spectres are easy with either a Loki or Ash. Just pop invis and empty your bullets into them.

With a Volt though, I would keep my distance and pop a shield. The electricty proc should stun them for a short while so you can get more shots in. If they get close zap them with your 1 ability.

Or run in and keep zapping her with 1 ability while you bash away with melee. Keep zapping to stun lock her.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler

On 7/15/2016 at 8:53 PM, MaurryVenvillen said:

Hi  Everyone,

So, this may seem really noobish but I haven't played Warframe for very long, 100 or so hours. I played during the Lunaro update and am now gettting used to the changes Spectors of the Rail brought. I've been unlocking planets by completing the requirements for each junction but right now I'm stuck at Ceres Junction. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I can't seem to defeat the Trinity Spector. Maybe I have the wrong combination or something, all the other junction guardians I had no problem defeating but this one, my weapons don't even do an damage and I die because of her Link power in the first 30 seconds.

Using 3 shy of max volt, MK-1 Braton 25 with Serration rank 5, Point Strike rank 4, 240% shield and health and 50% armor. Also, secondary 20% damage and melee 120% damage. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks!

Stay on your console, use a high damage rifle and shoot from far (i used Telos boltor and killed it in one clip)

2 minutes ago, Karamethien said:

if you are using volt, your first ability is a stun.  Just keep it stunned and hit it far away enough so you don't see a line connecting her to you.

I don't think you can use abilities on that mission.

PS: if you have a kulstar, u can stay also on the pad and blast him to kingdom come from far away