Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour Cosmetic Animations! Altering bullet jump and dodging animations. [Added more Q&A, Added more discussions, special thanks for the support]

(PSN)L-B-H-100

OMG, just watched the Prime Time and saw this.

AMAZING idea! 

I would SOOOO shovel plat out for this. Such a good idea! 

I would super love if you could opt to customize the maneuvers on an individual basis. Myself, I would love to have that Beast forward and backwards dodge, the Swift bullet jump and the Acrobat side dodge. 

Either way, love the idea and the animations. So hope that DE Steve and Reb can persuade Geoff to make this happen!!

On 7/21/2016 at 8:49 PM, Alcoholism said:

This is brilliant work.

Would you mind if these animations were somewhat used in other games?

Warframe is well known for its cosmetics. its not that other games do not have the same features, its just that warframe would be perfect for the concept.

the concept would also be great in other online MMO RPG based games. personalization of the characters movement, would be a reflection of their attitude during battle.

so if the questions is if i want this concept to be applicable in other RPG games, then yes.

one reason i made the concept is because warframe, like other online games, limits the player to one movement set. this made running tank-like characters seem as aerodynamic as a regular light character. it would be nice if other game developers would take note of personalization and cosmetics to more than just flamboyant clothing or armor pieces.

elaboration may be need if that does not answer the question.

1 hour ago, (PS4)L-B-H-100 said:

Warframe is well known for its cosmetics. its not that other games do not have the same features, its just that warframe would be perfect for the concept.

the concept would also be great in other online MMO RPG based games. personalization of the characters movement, would be a reflection of their attitude during battle.

so if the questions is if i want this concept to be applicable in other RPG games, then yes.

one reason i made the concept is because warframe, like other online games, limits the player to one movement set. this made running tank-like characters seem as aerodynamic as a regular light character. it would be nice if other game developers would take note of personalization and cosmetics to more than just flamboyant clothing or armor pieces.

elaboration may be need if that does not answer the question.

Well it does somewhat answer my question and perhaps later down the track I may take some of these ideas myself for future reference.

So the question was more directed at you not minding if other people use your intellectual property for the development of other games in regards to the movement animations you posted. So if some of these ideas were used in other games without your knowledge/consent for example.

On 7/22/2016 at 10:54 AM, (PS4)TwilightGrim said:

this would be a win win situation, different parkour stances could be sold for the same amount as noble and agile stances. we get new cosmetics and they get money :D

whatever gets it in the game i suppose...

On 7/22/2016 at 10:27 AM, (PS4)SuperRaySonic said:

My life would be complete if these are implemented in game! I think they fit perfectly and DE added new holsters for melee weapons as cosmetics would make sense if they add this. 

it does seem that the developers are edging toward cosmetic combat to give players a new image of character during gameplay. this can be elaborated from their recent manageable holster positioning announcement.

On 7/23/2016 at 9:17 AM, Gorila_Azul said:

That beast movement would be perfect on my Wukong. Get the real primal feeling right there, specially with the forward dodge.

i am glad some players are planning ahead as to which animation they would pick for their favorite warframe.

i would like to see more of these, so lets get creative.

which animation would you most likely equip to your Warframe and why?

for me, i would definitely create a super-saiyan-like style complete with the "powerful" animation, Rhino/Atlas, a sparring weapon, and a Staticor to top it all off.

On 7/23/2016 at 8:25 AM, Alcoholism said:

Well it does somewhat answer my question and perhaps later down the track I may take some of these ideas myself for future reference.

So the question was more directed at you not minding if other people use your intellectual property for the development of other games in regards to the movement animations you posted. So if some of these ideas were used in other games without your knowledge/consent for example.

for now, my main focus is warframe. i would not mind if similar concepts were made for other games, but if someone where to take these animations presented and place them on their own concept without my knowledge, that would be unforgivable.

if a player where to make such a concept for a different game, it would be nice if they would place a link on said concept saying that the inspiration was from this one; to ease the potential of a copyright if the concept were to be implemented into both games if they are completely similar mechanics.

Ive often thought of a similar concept, this would be interesting, but I had focused more on stylistic running/walking animations. Do you think adding walking and running styles to the mix would be too much or a welcome addition to the overall concept

On 7/27/2016 at 8:09 PM, Kalimando said:

Ive often thought of a similar concept, this would be interesting, but I had focused more on stylistic running/walking animations. Do you think adding walking and running styles to the mix would be too much or a welcome addition to the overall concept

it is always an option, but yes, it would probably be too much. as much as i want there to be running and walking animations. turst me, i tried to animate some sets, but there are just too many different sets to work with depending on the weapon equipped or item held.

for example, i would need to animate a different set for every weapon type, as they each have their own animation depending on the weapon held. this would also be too much for the developers as they would need to do the same.

however, i would like to see something like this in the future. maybe even a second step to the parkour animations. for now, lets focus on dodging and bullet jumping, as they do not have different animations depending on the weapon equipped.

Edited by (PS4)L-B-H-100

we have taken another step forward...

this concept is now considered popular by the community!

thank you for all the likes and support for this concept.

i hope to see you all, and all whom are new to this concept, to continue your support.

thank you warframe community!

Fight on, Tenno!

• 2 weeks later...

obviously the animations would need to be tweaked, but the general concept is sound

of course this would be a lot of work for the animation team, but cosmetic movement/parkour animations for plat would be a HUGE goldmine for DE, so i think this is a good idea and worth the manhours

+1 OP

On 8/8/2016 at 6:43 AM, CY13ERPUNK said:

obviously the animations would need to be tweaked, but the general concept is sound

of course this would be a lot of work for the animation team, but cosmetic movement/parkour animations for plat would be a HUGE goldmine for DE, so i think this is a good idea and worth the manhours

+1 OP

of course, but for now the animations stand as examples of what theme the developers should go with while developing the animations.

i do believe that the animations would be worth developing, especially if the animations themselves would require currency in order to receive them. though i myself would like the animations to be obtainable through gameplay, it is all up to the developers to figure out how we would be receiving these animations.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, I had a similar idea back before Parkour 2.0 came around.  It was about making the idle stances affect movement animations.  

Edit: I feel a more fitting name for the beast stance would be Primal.

Edited by Sibericus

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2016 at 9:50 PM, Sibericus said:

Huh, I had a similar idea back before Parkour 2.0 came around.  It was about making the idle stances affect movement animations.  

Edit: I feel a more fitting name for the beast stance would be Primal.

for now, the names arent really the official names of the animations themselves. they are more like an example defining the exact style of the animation: for example Swift is a literal swift movement that features the animations that make the character model looked more relaxed and bent over.

i suck at tenno speak so it may be a challenge for me to make Tenno based names that fit their style.

the concept of the stances affecting movement animations is not a bad one. actually, it still has some potential to fit with this concept because this concept does not effect the sprinting and running animations.

I like the idea as everything going to be in the cosmetics and I understand about the balancing issues when each animation have different status effect, but it can make the game versatile.

My opinion about the Noble that it might not be a good cosmetic for me because it might be easier to hit due to the wide hit-boxes. People would still use it because its FABULOUS! (if only you get a knockdown resistance around 15% whenever a dodge/bullet jump is used)

My question is, does each give different distances and speed?

If I ever give a suggestion, it would be about have more versatility:

Swift - both dodges and bullet jumps travel faster but on short distances.
Beastly - dodges are normal like the original; bullet jumps can travel further, but a bit slower.
Noble - same as the original
Acrobat - dodges can travel longer but slower; bullet jumps are normal like the original

But hey, this is your Idea and this is my suggestive Idea. Feel free to add it or not. DE notice me~

Edited by harvie89

22 hours ago, harvie89 said:

I like the idea as everything going to be in the cosmetics and I understand about the balancing issues when each animation have different status effect, but it can make the game versatile.

My opinion about the Noble that it might not be a good cosmetic for me because it might be easier to hit due to the wide hit-boxes. People would still use it because its FABULOUS! (if only you get a knockdown resistance around 15% whenever a dodge/bullet jump is used)

My question is, does each give different distances and speed?

If I ever give a suggestion, it would be about have more versatility:

Swift - both dodges and bullet jumps travel faster but on short distances.
Beastly - dodges are normal like the original; bullet jumps can travel further, but a bit slower.
Noble - same as the original
Acrobat - dodges can travel longer but slower; bullet jumps are normal like the original

But hey, this is your Idea and this is my suggestive Idea. Feel free to add it or not. DE notice me~

the original concept for the parkour animations is meant to be completely cosmetic with no advancement in stats.

in the future, if it be from popular demand, i would not mind if the animations presented some form of statistical advantage.

however, since the animations themselves are consider mostly cosmetic, the developers would most likely charge players for the animations, meaning that you would need to pay platinum for a boost in stats if the animations where to have additional features.

The only one of these that I cannot seem to fully appreciate is the Noble style.  I've tried looking at it from other perspectives, but it just feels too rigid and weak compared to the rest of them.  The arms always crossing behind the back is an interesting design choice, but there should be as much posture variety as the rest of the animations.  My suggestions are to have the hands cross in the front when dodging backwards and while dodging sideways hold the arms like a matador in a bullfight for that extra bit of flair.  It just adds a bit more distinction between poses and makes it look less like Loki's hands were glued to his rear.

Edited by Sibericus