Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I wish DE dedicated some attention to Dojos.

TapeKiller

I recently left my old mountain clan to start building my own dojo, and I've been severely disappointed by how shallow and bland the whole dojo system is.
Tools for decorating feel clumsy, there is no rotation snap, old halls can not be destroyed (and at some point they feel more like a burden than a feature) and if I have to destroy a room that have been build between old and new parts I have to destroy basically everything made after that room.
Even if not scrictly related, rooms don't give you any feel of depth and cozyness and everything generally looks insipid, grey and definitely not on par of the aesthetic level of the latest content.
I can hardly settle with the status quo but even if there is nothing I can directly do about it I just want to express how bad it feels to have a piece of content not being taken advantage of, especially when it's easily monetizable.
It almost feels like there is too much going on to give certain parts of the game proper attention, but at this point why are there too many things in the first place if these can't be properly given some attention? It's not even the first example that comes to my mind. Yes, archwing just got a tweak on the movement system (which honestly was the least needed thing even if it is nice to have now) but how long as it been until its release? Almost the same is happening with the focus sytem. It's the most unbalanced thing I've ever seen in a video game, with numbers that make little to no sense and powers that go from useless to op, on a game breaking level.
This is not the best way I can come across to send a message and I know it sounds too ranty, but that's just how my feelings are.
This game deserves to be better in its entirety and for features that we interact with on a daily basis, not just for some new quests people are going to forget in two weeks after playing them.

New items, rooms and "maybe even a facelift" are being looked at for Dojos. One thing coming before September for Dojos is a music box for playing music tracks from the game, and its design will be based on sketches drawn by TennoCon participants.

-Extract from my topic: 

20 minutes ago, TapeKiller said:

I recently left my old mountain clan to start building my own dojo, and I've been severely disappointed by how shallow and bland the whole dojo system is.
Tools for decorating feel clumsy, there is no rotation snap, old halls can not be destroyed (and at some point they feel more like a burden than a feature) and if I have to destroy a room that have been build between old and new parts I have to destroy basically everything made after that room.
Even if not scrictly related, rooms don't give you any feel of depth and cozyness and everything generally looks insipid, grey and definitely not on par of the aesthetic level of the latest content.
I can hardly settle with the status quo but even if there is nothing I can directly do about it I just want to express how bad it feels to have a piece of content not being taken advantage of, especially when it's easily monetizable.
It almost feels like there is too much going on to give certain parts of the game proper attention, but at this point why are there too many things in the first place if these can't be properly given some attention? It's not even the first example that comes to my mind. Yes, archwing just got a tweak on the movement system (which honestly was the least needed thing even if it is nice to have now) but how long as it been until its release? Almost the same is happening with the focus sytem. It's the most unbalanced thing I've ever seen in a video game, with numbers that make little to no sense and powers that go from useless to op, on a game breaking level.
This is not the best way I can come across to send a message and I know it sounds too ranty, but that's just how my feelings are.
This game deserves to be better in its entirety and for features that we interact with on a daily basis, not just for some new quests people are going to forget in two weeks after playing them.

Much agree

Such detail

Marry me

I just want the clan Bulletins Board that can be place on a wall in the dojo.

a place where the warlords can leave multiple Memo's. For clan events, tips, resource requirements that are still needed on in progress research.

this would allow for some much more than Motd could ever offer.

Dojos are a place to train, and bond. Warframe's dojos are anything but. Dojo duel systems have been untouched for nigh on two and a half years, and we haven't received any new content for it aside from trophies and colour swaps. Hell, even the Hall of Champions which was promised to be tweakable to display frames and loadouts the warlord desired still has the Loki statue. Hasn't changed in 3 years. So yeah, I agree, dojos need love.

On 17/7/2016 at 4:07 PM, Cyborg-Rox said:

New items, rooms and "maybe even a facelift" are being looked at for Dojos. One thing coming before September for Dojos is a music box for playing music tracks from the game, and its design will be based on sketches drawn by TennoCon participants.

Gimmicks.
All this kind of content they are going to add is meaningless to me and in the long run is going to be meaningless for many other people.
They should take a look at something affecting the use on a daily basis. Like, you know, give better tools for dojo construction and room management, include old tiles, and who knows, maybe even work on lightning since as I already said dojos really look insipid, even when fully decorated.
Oh, and "maybe even a facelift" won't mean anything at all until they actually do something. One thing is saying "we are doing something" (and when they actually do something they often make previews), one thing is just saying something reassuringly.

On 17/7/2016 at 6:51 PM, Cathy Toshlyra said:

would be cool if we could rebuild the dojo without the time limits and so on..

also please give us VOID dojo looks :D i love the Void <3

I would also like to be able to use the old tiles.
And about the limits, I think that a limit has to be set anyway, but I would settle for more friendly room management tools. Maybe even make us delete old rooms we won't use anyway even if they are requisite, once we already built them.

43 minutes ago, TapeKiller said:

I would also like to be able to use the old tiles.
And about the limits, I think that a limit has to be set anyway, but I would settle for more friendly room management tools. Maybe even make us delete old rooms we won't use anyway even if they are requisite, once we already built them.

well i mean no waiting when we want to "change" a rooms position oO

personally i would like to see some npcs in the dojos. i know the place is in the void, but it doesn't need to be devoid of life. maybe a firing range to test out the new weapons, a try before you buy kinda thing. we all have weapons sitting in or once had that we got buyer remorse. you wake up the next day after coming down off of your booster and you look down and realize what was i thinking. maybe a place to launch missions from as well would be nice. maybe take a page from wildstar and have it where decorations randomly drop off of enemies or as rewards. the list we have is quite boring to say the least. we have a movement training course, why not an archwing as well.

I agree with everyone!!!!!!

I just hope the next update, probably not, they would rework the dojo. I bet you they have not even opened this forum. It would be nice if the acknowledge what we have said. They probably would say "sorry do not have time to work on the dojo, since of the new things" Well I say, first fix the things you already have before you move on to the next BIG THING. :(