Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe; Suit Or Person

HammerMill

So I've seen lots of debate about whether the frames are suits or a specific person. I never really cared to say anything about it either way, but being suits have always made more sense to me.

I just saw something in the game I've never paid attention to that says explicitly that the frames are suits and not people. when you log in if you get the log in reward for your frame and you put your cursor over it it says "Suit XP."

Question answered.

It's somewhat ambiguous, and hopefully they avoid adding lore and keep things ambiguous. Give us a setting to play in. Avoid creating an actual story, because it is going to hurt the game's appeal.

Edited by Watlok

then explain how person that wears volt also fits into banshee. or gains boobs in the process.

the intro to the game explicitly says we are tenno, masters of the warframe armor.

but never says (specifically) YOU are a tenno, just that WE (a group of people) are tenno.

there is no reason to believe that the suit and the person are ever separated. leaving the player to be simply an entity that controls them both.

just my theory.

just my opinion.

then explain how person that wears volt also fits into banshee. or gains boobs in the process.

the intro to the game explicitly says we are tenno, masters of the warframe armor.

but never says (specifically) YOU are a tenno, just that WE (a group of people) are tenno.

there is no reason to believe that the suit and the person are ever separated. leaving the player to be simply an entity that controls them both.

just my theory.

just my opinion.

Simple. You are playing as different Tenno in different Warframes.

We are the Tenno (person) that opereates inside Warframes (suits). We just change into a different person when using different warframes.

It's somewhat ambiguous, and hopefully they avoid adding lore and keep things ambiguous. Give us a setting to play in. Avoid creating an actual story, because it is going to hurt the game's appeal.

I agree with absolutely nothing you are saying.

One of the Grineer bosses talks about how "Your RHINO suit makes you slow and heavy, Tenno."
He also says things like "You come equipped with your own body bag!"
And the "We haven't celebrated Halloween in X years"

All this points to the Warframe being a suit and the Tenno being people inside the suit. As for how they fit into different ones, in my head canon each suit is a different Tenno, but there are still people beneath the suit. But that's MY head canon. Until something is directly and officially stated, we have little real knowledge.

I like to call it "mmoitis".

mmo's (and some rpgs) have convinced us that we are all special and unique on a sweeping adventure that we create for ourselves.  I think we can kinda dial that back in a 4 person coop action game.

You play as "ember" a female tenno wearing a warframe suit.  This is no different from say, Left 4 Dead where you can play as zoey...but you get to change the color of her shirt.

Edited by mogamu

Whats so difficult for people to understand that each warframe just has a different person in it? LOL its like people really actually want to believe that they can just change their gender at will. Why would they bother having female and male versions of the tenno hostages on rescue missions? Lets stop thinking of our Tenno as transexuals and start thinking of our warframe collections as a platoon of people that we've trained to use these suits.

Maybe some of us like the Tenno being Transhuman cyborgs that give zero *bleeps* what gender they are that day. It's so rare to see non-heteronormative sci-fi. Which is weird since our society seems to be making baby steps in that direction.

You play as "ember" a female tenno wearing a warframe suit.  This is no different from say, Left 4 Dead where you can play as zoey...but you get to change the color of her shirt.

The problem with that is Zoey is non-customizable and the game only lets one player be Zoey. Warframe lets us colour ourselves however we want and pick one of 2 (soon to be 3) helmets. They also plan much more customization in the future, including scarves and armour pieces.

There are also no limits to how many of each can go on a single mission.

Sure sounds like individuals to me @_@

Edit: Link to a neat thread about it - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/13470-tenno-transhumanism-%E2%80%93-a-theory-based-on-in-game-facts/

Edited by ValhaHazred

Maybe some of us like the Tenno being Transhuman cyborgs that give zero *bleeps* what gender they are that day. It's so rare to see non-heteronormative sci-fi. Which is weird since our society seems to be making baby steps in that direction.

The problem with that is Zoey is non-customizable and the game only lets one player be Zoey. Warframe lets us colour ourselves however we want and pick one of 2 (soon to be 3) helmets. They also plan much more customization in the future, including scarves and armour pieces.

There are also no limits to how many of each can go on a single mission.

Sure sounds like individuals to me @_@

Edit: Link to a neat thread about it - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/13470-tenno-transhumanism-%E2%80%93-a-theory-based-on-in-game-facts/

I kind of favor this interpretation. I'd much rather it be that the Tenno themselves have so little genuine organic matter to their existence in this day and age, that the notion of gender is literally meaningless to them. The features on their frames are a callback to a bygone state of being, nothing more.

there is noone inside the suit. the tenno sits in a dark and dampened cellar without windows, infront of him is a monitor, mouse and keyboard. he is remote controlling the suit.. so if you will the lotus is making drone attacks on "terrorists".

I agree with absolutely nothing you are saying.

Well, there being a person in the suit makes sense given their shape and what the Warframe project was. Exoskeletons for soldiers.

A lack of a story creates a far more engaging experience that lets your mind fill in the blanks. Stories don't work in MMO settings unless you are permanently changing the world.

Gonna drop a post here that I posted in an earlier thread:

"The way Ive always looked at it is like this:

Your 'Frame has a 'soul'.

Now this is not an actual soul per se (though an arguement can be made.....), but like ancient armor smithers that crafted pieces in the appearance of animal parts or full animals to both scare the enemy and (in more primitive cases) invoke the spirit of the totem, our 'Frames have a 'spirit' that we seek to emulate when we don them.  Some spirits are male...some are female...we dont seek to become them...simply pay them homage when we don our 'frame. 

Thats how i see it.  A little jumbled, i know, but it works for me! ^^"