Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Oxium Problem

E3RIE

11 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

TLDR buy a booster

How much oxium did DE pay you to post this? 

DE needs to stop selling functionality and monetize fashion. A couple 300+ plat capes and 500+ plat armor sets that give you end game looks in fashion frame will turn up plat sales without pissing off the core playerbase for this game. 

5 minutes ago, E3RIE said:

You have to keep in mind that a (big enough) portion of the player base can't play that often/much.

I do, but if one plays so little he will probably have a really hard time to complete the regular vauban to.

why shoudnt the Prime variant take 6 months to get to the ones playing half an hour per day? Those shouldnt even bother having it quick...

10 minutes ago, Arblarg said:

10 minutes ago, Arblarg said:

DE needs to stop selling functionality and monetize fashion. A couple 300+ plat capes and 500+ plat armor sets that give you end game looks in fashion frame will turn up plat sales without pissing off the core playerbase for this game. 

Just saying buy a booster and go with loot frames if you wanna burn out farming it. 

Otherwise just play the game and wait till you have stockpiled enough stuff then build it. May take 6 months this way, it took 5 for me to get the regular one.

really if you want certain things fast, its really your problem. You can instead put money with prime access or plats and buy boosters and fasten the process. 

Mind that that doesnt apply to all content, but ist okay it applica to some stuff. 50% of the stuff in this game an be obtained with ease, very little time and effort

Edited by JohnKable

Just now, JohnKable said:

Just saying buy a booster and go with loot frames if you wanna burn out farming it. 

Otherwise just play the game and wait till you have stockpiled enough stuff then build it. May take 6 months this way, it took 5 for me to get the regular one.

really if you want certain things fast, its really your problem. You can instead put money with prime access or plats and buy boosters and fasten the process. 

Buying the prime access is just not an option for a lot of people. Farming resources should absolutely not be that hard.

7 minutes ago, E3RIE said:

Buying the prime access is just not an option for a lot of people. Farming resources should absolutely not be that hard.

Mate its a crazy farming right now i have to agree, but its for just one very specific item you can live without. And its regular counterpart can take months to get too (again 5 to me).

The rule in free games is that you put money or time and effort.

and time and effort is not so bad for most of the content, there are a dozen things that are just a pain to farm, and thats what they see supposed to be.

Vauban its one of those.

try farming a double set (20) of any rare arcane, then we'll talk about vauban Prime

Edited by JohnKable

10 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

Mind that that doesnt apply to all content, but ist okay it applica to some stuff. 50% of the stuff in this game an be obtained with ease, very little time and effort

This isn't about Vauban. This is about the 30k+ oxium required for the amesha research. 90% of my clan bugged out on this update due to the badness of it and it's between me and one friend who have contributed all our (total about 16k oxium) to the research. 7k for Vauban prime wasn't a problem when Cerberus existed. It was farming but it wasn't excessive. Same should still apply. Farming should be boring, but not excessive. 

1 minute ago, Arblarg said:

This isn't about Vauban. This is about the 30k+ oxium required for the amesha research. 90% of my clan bugged out on this update due to the badness of it and it's between me and one friend who have contributed all our (total about 16k oxium) to the research. 7k for Vauban prime wasn't a problem when Cerberus existed. It was farming but it wasn't excessive. Same should still apply. Farming should be boring, but not excessive. 

Completely agree. Point is: Global problem, not only vauban prime. Plenty of stuff need loads of oxium, and the requirements seem to grow with every new item.

They should add Oxium as a Rare material for some planet(s). How many more Ampules does one Operator need? Yeah, I can make bigger crafting material from them, but some crafting materials are just downright worthless. Make Oxium a random rare material found on all planets, sort of like how Tellerium is the rare material found in all Archwings. Fixes the whole problem.

48 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

I can see oxium just cant be farmed now, not that much atleast.

for the ones that already played something different than draco in old starchart 7k oxium was no biggie, pretty much cause there were no other oxium sinks.

You act like all we did was draco. I just did draco to level stuff. 
I ran the rest of the starchart with the already level'd weapons :)

15 minutes ago, Arblarg said:

Me and my friends made a ghost clan because of the insane requirements. :<

tbh yes, luckily i had a stock of oxium before SOTR just enough for okina and booben, but well now i have 900 left, and grattler is still there, amesha needs 6600 to research its systems, so it is a big pain in the butt

2 hours ago, E3RIE said:

higher quantities (20-40 instead of 8-20  as it seems to be now)

am i the only one who usually gets 7, and never gets above 11? lol

14 minutes ago, -CM-ToxicTaco said:

Baal-Europa. Nuff said

Did you not read OP, 

2 hours ago, E3RIE said:

The node that seemed to work best for me was Baal, Europa, a Mobile Defense mission that gave 50-150 Oxium everytime. With an average of 100 it would take 70 runs to get enough for Vauban Prime.. Not to mention all the other weapons and frames that also need Oxium.

I want a better way of farming Oxium, and I don't necessarily mean farming spots like Cerberus, Pluto.

If you're going for 7k or more of Oxium, you dont want to have to keep running Baal over and over again. Hell I have to farm over 15k of Oxium for Clan research. I've paid my MD Oxium runs with Kappa, when Oxium first came out. Everytime I think back to it, I want to vomit :vomit:

2 hours ago, E3RIE said:

As most of you know, Vauban Prime is terribly expensive to craft. The 20 Nitain can be a pain if you don't play often and 9K Cryotic is 90 Excavators. However, these I don't have a problem with, the major barrier for me to craft Vauban Prime is the HUGE 7K Oxium requirement. Before SotR 7K Oxium was no biggie for me as I could just do a few longer missions on Cerberus, Pluto. But now all previous Oxium farms (that I knew of) have been removed.

I tried several planet nodes but none yielded quite enough Oxium to keep it fun while farming. The node that seemed to work best for me was Baal, Europa, a Mobile Defense mission that gave 50-150 Oxium everytime. With an average of 100 it would take 70 runs to get enough for Vauban Prime.. Not to mention all the other weapons and frames that also need Oxium.

I want a better way of farming Oxium, and I don't necessarily mean farming spots like Cerberus, Pluto. All I want is for the resource to drop in either; higher quantities (20-40 instead of 8-20  as it seems to be now), or from more enemies. Even higher spawn rates of Oxium Osprey would also be great.

I hope that we can get some kind of change to this problem, because right now I don't really feel like it's worth the effort to farm.

I couldn't believe something happend to Cerebrus. And I didn't. I ran Warframe to check this out. And these are very fresh screenshots:
a081fc2d52ec4b62a64b978ade561b74.png
15680321c8c9445e9b63bcdd4aed81c2.png
So what are you talking about?