The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you use Quick Thinking on Vauban?

Kronxito

Question

Looking how I'm oneshooted on lvl 100 missions... I'm experimenting with my build reducing range from 250% to 205% (removin stretch) and adding quick thinking (I have more than 600 energy pool).

I wonder if there are more vauban players using quick thinking and I'd like to know if it does the difference in terms of survival.

Edited by ArionLightning

19 answers to this question

I don't. When I play Vauban, I'm usually hanging back a little and doing lots of CC (as he does best), rather than charging in and killing everything. I like being able to use my powers liberally, so I don't use QT because it might end up cutting to that. 

FWIW I actually run a strength build on Vauban, trapping 25 enemies in Bastille is pretty great. 

7 minutes ago, tifanator said:

I don't. When I play Vauban, I'm usually hanging back a little and doing lots of CC (as he does best), rather than charging in and killing everything. I like being able to use my powers liberally, so I don't use QT because it might end up cutting to that. 

FWIW I actually run a strength build on Vauban, trapping 25 enemies in Bastille is pretty great. 

I understand. But there are nullifiers... if they hit you, then you die xD

I think I have to get better skilled facing or avoiding them.  My build is max range, medium duration and streamline. Repelling bastille

Edited by ArionLightning

14 minutes ago, pauli133 said:

I don't run QT, typically, but it's not a terrible idea.

My normal setup, for the record:

Reveal hidden contents

WZ6QQXW.jpg

For bastille I would recomend you my build. Its really good and gives you more range.

Spoiler

vauban_build.jpg

I think I will focus on avoiding bullets from nullifiers xD

Edited by ArionLightning

I do QT,since he has a lot of energy with primed flow,Its like trading vitality and redirection for primed flow and QT, and it gives more margin to cast and some more surviveability plus his base health,armor and shields are not that great, and I run zenurik too.. its like having an actually good rejuvenation on.. 

I don't use QT in any frame. With Vauban I play support, between the pod/hostage and buddies on defense, or close to buddies on survival. For interception I don't have that much trust in him and rather pick Mirage, Ivara, Nyx.

QT can save you during a time window. Right after the ´ enemies are so weak that you can take several shots´ moment and before the ´ any enemie can one shoot me´moment. It will be useless really early or too late game. Cant check it right now but QT used to be affected by armor so it would have best results on higher armor frames. 

Anyway it can be a life saver in a lot of scenarios, I use it on my Nova and Mirage and it has saved me a lot...

Vauban is one of those frames I'd like to use QT on, but I can't because his builds are already too demanding. I can never find a spot for it if I want to build him as I wish.  But then again his CC is powerful enough to avoid being killed too often.