Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, SOTR. Relics, Tell me more.

(XBOX)I Killed brunts

Question

I play XBOX, and I'm wondering if when the new prime comes out (nekros, farming 9 till prime I'm I right?) is it going to take more or less time then Vauban? 

So to actually have a look at that, could someone from PC answer: If a new player joined pre Specters and farmed Vauban (skipping the time it would take them to get the gear, lets say they get a good frame, weapons etc but don't have any vauban stuff) would it be quicker or slower then if a new player joined during specters and farmed the same thing? (Assuming they have to farm the relics/new stuff required, as they didn't get them (somehow) while getting their gear). 

17 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (XB1)I Killed brunts said:

If this is the case, the new system is going to suck even more then the bloody old one. "Reduce burn out" by making it so your keys become worthless each new prime release and you have to go out and regrind everything? Whoop de bloody woop

It's true that they're just replacing grinding parts in the void with grinding relics in the star chart.  But you just have to get a handful of the relic you want.  If you have void traces stockpiled and three friends in the same position then you can get the actual part pretty quickly.  A full squad with four radiant relics gives you about a 34% chance for the rare reward each run, which is a hell of a lot better than old void's 5%ish.  Also, fissure runs are much faster than waiting for a defense or survival rotation C.  Also, key leeches are gone cause everyone can see everyone else's relic.  And once you're done, you'll have plenty of "trash" relics to build up your void traces again.

It's definitely not a reduction in grind, but after working with it for a few weeks I don't think it's going to be that bad either.  We'll find out for sure when Nekros Prime hits.

1 hour ago, pauli133 said:

If you REALLY want to be ready for the new system, stockpile syndicate medallions.

Using the syndicate offering to supplement your relic stockpile is fine, but don't expect to bypass RNG with more RNG.

The grind for relic vs key is pretty much the same the difference come in the actually fissures missions where everyone has a chance at 1 prime items from their relic which other people can pick on finishing the mission. So if a full group goes in with relics set for collecting a certain piece of vauban you have a much higher chance of at least 1 person getting a vauban piece. 

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Simply incorrect. There are more relic types than the were key types to farm and you need to farm more of them.

If you say so but i still go to the same old places i went to for key and get the same amount of relics now, for me nothing has changed.

Btw 4 tiers of keys 4 tiers of relics 6 different keys per tier and now we have 7 relics per tier yes a huge change add a whole 1 extra relic.

30 minutes ago, Nazzami said:

If you say so but i still go to the same old places i went to for key and get the same amount of relics now, for me nothing has changed.

Btw 4 tiers of keys 4 tiers of relics 6 different keys per tier and now we have 7 relics per tier yes a huge change add a whole 1 extra relic.

I'm afraid you don't really know what you're talking about. Your subjective experience is not relevant when I'm talking facts.

There were also not 4 tiers of 6 key types. There were 3 tiers of 5 6 key types, and 1 with 6 7. 25 keys. 2 difference to what we have now.

(Nor does ''4 tiers of keys 4 tiers of relics 6 different keys per tier and now we have 7 relics per tier '' equate to ''a whole extra relic''. That would be 4 extra relics)

This greatly impacts how long it takes to amass a collection of a specific key.

Edited by DeMonkey

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm afraid you don't really know what you're talking about. Your subjective experience is not relevant when I'm talking facts.

There were also not 4 tiers of 6 key types. There were 3 tiers of 5 key types, and 1 with 6. 21 keys. 7 difference to what we have now.

(Nor does ''4 tiers of keys 4 tiers of relics 6 different keys per tier and now we have 7 relics per tier '' equate to ''a whole extra relic''. That would be 4 extra relics)

This greatly impacts how long it takes to amass a collection of a specific key.

T1 T2 T3 T4 you are ware of tiers of key before the change yes? and each tier had up to 6 mission types. If you cant recall this i suggest you read up before talking about your "facts" http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Keys

We still have 4 tiers with relics Lith (T1) Meso (T2) Neo (T3 Axi (T4) each with 7 active relics for a total of 28 active relics.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Relic

so at most there is 2 extra relics in Lith (T1) and 1 extra relic in T2 T3 and T4.

Now planet in the solar system will can offer relics from 1 or 2 Tiers of relics dependent on planet just like void key did before.

Just now, Nazzami said:

T1 T2 T3 T4 you are ware of tiers of key before the change yes? and each tier had up to 6 mission types. If you cant recall this i suggest you read up before talking about your "facts" http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Keys

We still have 4 tiers with relics Lith (T1) Meso (T2) Neo (T3 Axi (T4) each with 7 active relics for a total of 28 active relics.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Void_Relic

so at most there is 2 extra relics in Lith (T1) and 1 extra relic in T2 T3 and T4.

Now planet in the solar system will can offer relics from 1 or 2 Tiers of relics dependent on planet just like void key did before.

We're actually both wrong. 6 in each except T4 which had 7, totalling 25. 2 keys over the relics we have available. Would have known that if you read the page you linked me to :)

My original point still stands, there are more relics that keys and thus more farming to get them.

10 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

We're actually both wrong. 6 in each except T4 which had 7, totalling 25. 2 keys over the relics we have available. Would have known that if you read the page you linked me to :)

My original point still stands, there are more relics that keys and thus more farming to get them.

Guess we better make sure we hold the devs to the relic location transparency they were talking about. If they follow through with that it'll make farming much less frustrating.

The biggest advantage of the new system is that there aren't any rot C rewards anymore. You don't have to wait 20 minutes in a survival or 20 waves in a defense to get some of the parts.

Vauban is kind of hard to get in the new system, because all of his drops are rare. The most efficient way to farm him would probably be to farm the parts that drop outside of endless missions in the old system and then the other 2 in the new system.

The amount of time you have to spend farming for keys + the void run itself didn't really change. If you want 4 chances at your drop you now get the relic and run the mission once. Before you had to get the key and then run the mission 4 times in a keyshare group.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)I Killed brunts said:

Interesting info, what about these new traces? Can I get 100% chance to get a part, given enough time? If so, how many traces/how much time to farm them? 

the traces even out the odds, making common parts less common and rare parts less rare. if you refine a relic to the maximum level, all the parts have the same chance. at least it's what the UI tells me. 

you cannot influence a specific part to drop, that is always RNG dependent.

On 23/07/2016 at 11:58 AM, ragingdeamon said:

the traces even out the odds, making common parts less common and rare parts less rare. if you refine a relic to the maximum level, all the parts have the same chance. at least it's what the UI tells me. 

you cannot influence a specific part to drop, that is always RNG dependent.

So how's it different from the current system? Just more random with a small way to influence things? 

One of the biggest differences seems to have been buried a little in the last prime time/dev stream.  

- New primes will be introduced by adding new relics to the star chart drop tables.  Any relics you already have stockpiled will *not* be retroactively changed to contain newly released primes.  The only things you can stockpile in anticipation of new primes are void traces (as of tomorrow's hotfix, this should be up to 1200 void traces for an MR22)
 - Old primes will be "soft vaulted".  That is, relics rewarding those parts will be removed from the star chart drop tables but you will retain what's left in your inventory and can still farm them until your stockpile runs out.

About refined relics, A maximum refined relic ("Radiant") still only gives you 10% chance of getting the rare reward.  Three commons at about 17% each, two uncommons at 20% each, and one rare at 10%.  Rare is still rare no matter what you do.

On 24/07/2016 at 7:03 PM, Buff00n said:

One of the biggest differences seems to have been buried a little in the last prime time/dev stream.  

- New primes will be introduced by adding new relics to the star chart drop tables.  Any relics you already have stockpiled will *not* be retroactively changed to contain newly released primes.  The only things you can stockpile in anticipation of new primes are void traces (as of tomorrow's hotfix, this should be up to 1200 void traces for an MR22)
 - Old primes will be "soft vaulted".  That is, relics rewarding those parts will be removed from the star chart drop tables but you will retain what's left in your inventory and can still farm them until your stockpile runs out.

About refined relics, A maximum refined relic ("Radiant") still only gives you 10% chance of getting the rare reward.  Three commons at about 17% each, two uncommons at 20% each, and one rare at 10%.  Rare is still rare no matter what you do.

If this is the case, the new system is going to suck even more then the bloody old one. "Reduce burn out" by making it so your keys become worthless each new prime release and you have to go out and regrind everything? Whoop de bloody woop

On 02/08/2016 at 3:33 AM, pauli133 said:

They don't become worthless - you simply can't coast on old keys anymore.

If you REALLY want to be ready for the new system, stockpile syndicate medallions.

If I can't use them to get new stuff I don't have, they don't have a use to me :P Farming traces is a point though, but that only gets you so far.