Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fun Movement vs Realistic Movement

ssh83

Parkour movement is not realistic, but it's fun and feels good.  It's completely unrealistic that you can roll, flip to change direction in mid-air.  It's completely unrealistic that you get a boost in speed in mid-air by just sticking your feet forward.  Realism is not as important as FUN.

Old Archwing movement did it right.  It's not realistic to be able to flip and reverse momentum, but it is easy to get into.  It feels good for warframe players and it is fun.

New archwing movement's momentum cause you to slide around and have to fight your momentum at every turn.  Sure it's "realistic" but it is as fun as removing parkour's mid-air maneuvers simply because it's "unrealistic."  Realistic space flight is great for games with appropriate playerbase.  That is not warframe.

Agreed, the new movement just killed AW for me. Probably never going to touch it again other than the occasional good reward or event. AW major problems weren't in the movement in the first place, actually that was the only thing they nailed really well with the first iteration.

Edited by Momo93

6 minutes ago, ssh83 said:

Parkour movement is not realistic, but it's fun and feels good.  It's completely unrealistic that you can roll, flip to change direction in mid-air.  It's completely unrealistic that you get a boost in speed in mid-air by just sticking your feet forward.  Realism is not as important as FUN.

Old Archwing movement did it right.  It's not realistic to be able to flip and reverse momentum, but it is easy to get into.  It feels good for warframe players and it is fun.

New archwing movement's momentum cause you to slide around and have to fight your momentum at every turn.  Sure it's "realistic" but it is as fun as removing parkour's mid-air maneuvers simply because it's "unrealistic."  Realistic space flight is great for games with appropriate playerbase.  That is not warframe.

47 minutes ago, Momo93 said:

Agreed, the new movement just killed AW for me. Probably never going to touch it again other than the occasional good reward or event. AW major problems weren't in the movement in the first place, actually that was the only thing they nailed really well with the first iteration.

Yah, its true. The problem was there wasn't that many game modes and it was off in the distance being ignored. There isn't that many mods, weapons require parts instead of resources (except Knux and Grattler). 

It's true Jordas Golem Raid and J.Golem assassination. I rather see this more then new Arch-movement 2.0 to be honest.

It isn't that bad in open areas, however we have some tilesets that are way too cramped for the new AW movement system. I'd recommend either replacing those tilesets (or altering them) to better suit the new movement system OR make serious changes to the AW movement system to better suit those cramped tilesets.

Difference between corpus and grineer archwing missions is like night and day. The current archwing movement lends itself well to open spaces with obstacles sprinkled here and there for fun. Doesn't really work well in corridors.

2 hours ago, Vastarov said:

I like the new archwing movement mechanics...

Am I the only one? ._.

( -one -one -ne -ne -ne...)

I like it, too.

I just need wider FOV and some control over roll so I can do trench runs without faceplanting into every wall I see.

Just now, Zookes said:

I like it, too.

I just need wider FOV and some control over roll so I can do trench runs without faceplanting into every wall I see.

Hmm I think they'll be addressing those two in the next hotfix already.
Possibly with adjustable zoom selector and toggleable automatic barrel roll to predefined up&down.