Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War or Nikana Prime

veralian

Question

19 answers to this question

Probably War.

But I think it really boils down to personal preference.

If you like heavier blades that start off with slow attack speeds, then go with the War.

If you like lighter yet powerful blades that are a lot easier to handle then go with the Nikana Prime.

Both weapons got different usage, one is Slash and one is Impact based weapon.

So if we say one is better than other it would be a completely wrong.

For example, War got higher base damage but Nikana Prime got more attack speed.This is the thing that keeps balance among weapons in game.If you mod them correctly, both would be useful.

Imo Nikana P can put out way more dmg than the War purely because of its attack speed. Throw a Primed Reach, Blood Rush, and Berserker on there and go crazy. Also make sure you use Blind Justice to have a stance with a good amount of movement in the combos.

Nikana prime + crit build + blind justice dash combo = 5 red crit slash proc > no ennemy below lvl 120 can survive that

War + crit build + cleaving whirlwind spinning combo = beyblade 400% damage bonus over red crit, twice, 7 time in a row.

Your choice :D

Lets get this straight, I really do not know where the sort of "uhh its impact damage" comes from. Its probably the most universal type of damage because it has almost 0 negatives towards targets unlike the other 2 which have a -50% negative to some sort of faction. The fact that that the war has access to the cleaving whirlwind stance (oh babe) its gonna rekt everything much faster than the nikana prime (both are great weapons) and the bad range (just doing a fair comparison, not intending to bash the weapon) on nikana weapons and pathetic aoe slam attacks make the war much better IMO. 

1 hour ago, veralian said:

Hi everyone !

I was asking my self wich is the better damaging melee weapon , the nikana prime or War , woth mods like primed pressure point , blood rush and body count maxed...

Honestly, it's all down to preference.

I've seen various people say "X melee is epic" all over Warframe, but in the end, it's all down to preference. I've got something like 18 melee weapons myself, but I use Jat Kittag 99 times out of 100. The exceptions are if the mission is "X melee ONLY" like Glaives, Tonfa, etc. or with specific 'Frame loadouts.

IMO, I got really disappointed with War once I got it (multiply the regret if you buy Hunhow's Gift), because, after extensive testing, I do far more damage with my Galatine than with War. I'm afraid War will be one of those weapons that you don't sell, but neither do you use it much (in my case, at least).

TL;DR: I think Galatine is more effective than War, if modded correctly.
Use a Heavy Blade when you encounter massive armies.
Use Nikana for when things are more calm. ;)

Just now, Railgun_Alter said:

IMO, I got really disappointed with War once I got it (multiply the regret if you buy Hunhow's Gift), because, after extensive testing, I do far more damage with my Galatine than with War. I'm afraid War will be one of those weapons that you don't sell, but neither do you use it much (in my case, at least).

TL;DR: I think Galatine is more effective than War, if modded correctly.
Use a Heavy Blade when you encounter massive armies.
Use Nikana for when things are more calm. ;)

Not to say you're wrong or anything, just gonna ask you something. Did you  mod your war for crit (bloodrush, body count, berserker)

10 hours ago, mob9221 said:

Not to say you're wrong or anything, just gonna ask you something. Did you  mod your war for crit (bloodrush, body count, berserker)

I don't have body count (I'm poor af)

I do use the other mods, but dunno.... I still feel like my Galatine does best. Maybe slash procs do a better job (?