Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aura

"Persian" Kavats

On 7/27/2016 at 10:40 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

A couple of broad things here to be addressed:

1) Art feedback is completely valid and will be passed along to the team for sure!
2) Art conspiracy is not valid. Art imitates life, and it's worth mentioning the Kavats draw reference from real felines. This particular face... well, it's from the undisputed most popular cat breed in the world: the Persian. The Persian has 'held the number one spot since the CFA started recording breed popularity in 1871.'

Sources:
http://cats.petbreeds.com/stories/1598/americas-favorite-felines#10
https://www.purina.com/cats/cat-breeds/collections/most-popular-cat-breeds
http://www.catster.com/cat-breeds/most-popular-cat-breeds

Chinchilla.jpg

From Wikipedia:

The selective breeding carried out by breeders has allowed the development of a wide variety of coat colors, but has also led to the creation of increasingly flat-faced Persians. Favored by fanciers, this head structure can bring with it a number of health problems. As is the case with the Siamese breed, there have been efforts by some breeders to preserve the older type of cat, the traditional breed, having a more pronounced muzzle, which is more popular with the general public.

So yes, please explain why the current design is based off of "the undisputed most popular breed in the world."

Also, for extra realism, will those with this face have to apply genetic stabilizers twice as often due to the myriad of health problems associated with this facial structure?

Sorry if I sound salty, but I have several clanmates who have farmed or bought dozens of DNA samples and gotten this facial type EVERY TIME. I know RNG means that you can get the same result repeatedly, but maybe you should at least look into the algorithm behind the RNG to see if certain accounts could be 'locked in' to certain results.

Oh my god... I just got 4 persian faced kavats in a row... it's starting to really annoy me. They scare me to death when they walk into my screen, looks like a new kind of infested. They are so beautiful when they are a kitten, and then they mature and BAM. Scares the hell out of you.

persians are considered rare, i think DE shouls make them are aswell

Why not release delux gene masking kits, that don't just change fur patterns but actual models, like the delux Warframe skins?

More cash for the devs, more choice for the image conscious Tenno.

I actually like small ear version best, mainly because I dislike overly long ears. I have multiple forma in a short ear one, with a peacock tail. I also have a long ear one with a turkey tail, but that one just sitting in the fridge.

As far as art feedback, I think chops on the small eared head should look more fluffy. Like, more like fur, less like solid matter.

What can I do with this one, Aphrodite?

Yeah. My first Kavat that took me ages to farm was like this. I wanted to quit the game over this bullS#&$. It felt like DE were having forty keks at my expense. I spent another 8 hours farming another kitty and thankfully he turned out fine. Sadly a male, though.

Just wrong after spending so much plat and effort for 4 kavats that you immediately have to bin it because it's so impossible to look at.