Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Persian" Kavats

Auramaru

6 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Fun Fact: Your taste in cats isn't everyone's taste in cats. Personally, I like the ears.

But do you like the face? If you would have a choice to have a long eared kavat with normal face or THAT kavat, what would you choose?

it looks like a bulldog more than a cat....it was just like my first cat too (RIP in the kavat blender). when u wanna farm kavats, it's fun at start, scanning isn't that hard and it's different from killing, but over time (like all framing is) it'll get boring. I guess it's justified since kavats have a lot more uses and tool than other companions 

1 minute ago, Hesyol said:

DE really need to increase gene codes scan rate more

I doubt that they will do this. Right now, gene codes are not the worst rng thing out there, I got 12 in two runs of extermination with upgraded scanner.

2 minutes ago, Deskhon said:

I doubt that they will do this. Right now, gene codes are not the worst rng thing out there, I got 12 in two runs of extermination with upgraded scanner.

Well it's just my luck then. I ran around 10 missions and got 0, then I just gave up and bought them

5 minutes ago, lsafal said:

Try to bring a full squad with some Ivaras or Equinox. More people means more spawns and definetly upgrade your scanner. With good teamwork you can get enough for 4-5 kitties in an hour.

Ty that sounds like good idea. Maybe I should try better, because I really wasn't expecting it to be harder than getting Kubrow egg

15 minutes ago, Hesyol said:

Ty that sounds like good idea. Maybe I should try better, because I really wasn't expecting it to be harder than getting Kubrow egg

Kuburow eggs are simple to get, I made a new account 3 days ago and I had a egg before even leaving Earth.

2 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Kuburow eggs are simple to get, I made a new account 3 days ago and I had a egg before even leaving Earth.

Most of time I don't even have space for them, so can only look at them rolling around

2 hours ago, War-Zone said:

After farming 20 kavat genetic codes I finally get my fisrt kavat. As a kitten it looked normal then when fully grown it turned into something I immediately put into stasis.
Is this done on purpose to make players want to keep farming until they can breed something that looks like the design department actually put some effort into what they were creating? or do people actually like this crap? I've seen decent looking Kavats but with the drop rate of Kavats being what it is currently i'd think they would at least give you something for your effort.

Like, look at this thing. wth?

lLtpKYN.jpg

Can I help you farm kavat genetic codes? :D

1 hour ago, Deskhon said:

But do you like the face? If you would have a choice to have a long eared kavat with normal face or THAT kavat, what would you choose?

To be honest, I don't mind the face that much. It's not my favorite, but it's alright.

1 hour ago, PancakePowderMix said:

Be grateful you can atleast make a kavat, i keep getting an "unknown error" when trying to incubate one

No, i'm not grateful when after farming and waiting 24hrs I wind up with cat-dog. I should've left it a kitten, it looked normal at least.

I don't have that much time to play so farming 20 codes was time pretty time consuming and not that much fun.

Hopefully a GM can help you with that issue.

At least the Persians my parents had still had a nose.  This is horribly ugly, especially with the fleshy cheek flaps, giraffe neck, and even tinier head and lack of fur.

But I guess they had to sell more of that face covering wizard robe armor somehow and make you want to farm more codes.  I had to breed 3 to get a real face.

Edited by Avereth

4 hours ago, War-Zone said:

After farming 20 kavat genetic codes I finally get my fisrt kavat. As a kitten it looked normal then when fully grown it turned into something I immediately put into stasis.
Is this done on purpose to make players want to keep farming until they can breed something that looks like the design department actually put some effort into what they were creating? or do people actually like this crap? I've seen decent looking Kavats but with the drop rate of Kavats being what it is currently i'd think they would at least give you something for your effort.

Like, look at this thing. wth?

lLtpKYN.jpg

I have a set of templates that have one with the long ball tipped ears if you want that one.

15 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

at least we know this way.. our cloning procedurs arent better then the grineer ones, one point to tyl regor.... i mean that one doesnt even looks close to the wild kavat's...

you make a very good point.