Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Persian" Kavats

Auramaru

16 minutes ago, DRaptor said:

That's fine, but I think people would like the opportunity to change what face they get. 

Back in the day we had the option to reroll the fur pattern the Kubrow got.

People spent tons of plat rolling the same unwanted patterns, DE ended up refunding ALL plat spent on the function.

I think they'll probably don't want to give us a similar option again.

1 minute ago, 16Bitman said:

Back in the day we had the option to reroll the fur pattern the Kubrow got.

People spent tons of plat rolling the same unwanted patterns, DE ended up refunding ALL plat spent on the function.

I think they'll probably don't want to give us a similar option again.

I remember that. I was lucky enough to get a dog that I was happy with. It's just a little annoying when a relatively different problem stops another problem from being solved

Am I disappointed that I have to farm more genetic codes and throw them into the RNG abyss to get an Adarza that isn't hideous? Sure. But getting an option to change Kavat faces or tails is about as likely as getting an option to change skinny Kubrows into bulkies - it's not going to happen.

12 hours ago, AgentScarlet said:

Am I disappointed that I have to farm more genetic codes and throw them into the RNG abyss to get an Adarza that isn't hideous? Sure. But getting an option to change Kavat faces or tails is about as likely as getting an option to change skinny Kubrows into bulkies - it's not going to happen.

I can always hope for such an option

Yeah, totally agree that some faces look... Not pretty. They look like they aged horribly to be honest, with their wrinkly saggy faces. Even my newborn kitten looks old.

And while we're on the topic, the armors are hella ugly in my opinion too. With one being a weird ugly witch costume and the other being an 'armor' comprised of two 'feather wings' (which are nice) and some spikes jammed through the poor kitties neck (not nice). :(

Other than that, Kavats look pretty nice. Those tails though!

Edited by Zerathos_Dagon

I got freaking 7 of thoose NIghtmarish ugly failed abortions.

So yes, PLEASE let us Change the Faces.....or at LEAST give us some kind of "Paper pag"

Cats with floppy Ears and Bashed in Faces and saggy checks ....youre Drunk DE go back to bed. I'm fine with everything else but...damn what where they thinking.

But i think they put thoose ugly mugs in on purpouse, so you have to buy Platin over and over again to get a Kavat that dosent look like a Cat that felt REALLY hard on its face...and had a Grandma who could'nt stop streching thoose cheeks. Its like Lottery you cant always win so try again.

like me..i just threw 50€ out the Window and purchased with a Dicount of 50% 2000 Platin. And wasted most of it on on Kavat Breeding just to get one that doesnt look like...like...well....

(Im actually quite impressed, they did literally everything wrong you can in means of aesthetics)

Edited by PyroSeyren

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the smooshed face, floppy eared cats.  My first cat was Smeeta with smooshed face and peacock tail.  Second cat was Adarza with smooshed face and fan tail.  30 DNA scans for the incubation segments and two hideous cats that have been beaten with an ugly stick.  Maybe this is the way DE is getting people to buy the wizard hat and cloak accessory to hide the hideous faces of these cats because these cats certain aren't cute enough for the fairy wings accessory.

I think the worse part is the kittens are pretty cute with the little ears and normal looking face and then, BAM, DISAPPOINTMENT!! when the cat is matured.  It's jarring to see such huge change in the facial features between kitten and cat.

I feel like I'm lucky enough to get both breeds in two tries so at least I got my kavat mastery done, but I don't think I'm going to try breeding more kavats after this.  With my luck, I'll probably get yet another smooshed face, floppy eared cat, haha.  Anyway, I'm going to hatch a kubrow and let the puppy run around instead of attempting to breed another kavat.

Oh my goodness have I found a Ugly-Kavat Tenno Support group? Where can I sign up?

Here's my registration: (Potential Spoiler + NSFW)

This is a joke, right?

I don't want to insult the person at DE who must have spent some time designing this, I really don't, but you can't tell me that this is what we were supposed to expect when DE_Rebecca introduced this new companion to us and got us all hype. I am not alone in thinking this.

Most Kavat look majestic (as they should) yet this...this is cruel. It seems the only way to cover its monstrous face is to spent 90P on an armor that covers its face, and that is not okay.

It looked just fine as a kitten, Sphynx-looking face, big ears (unfortunately I don't have a screen print of that) but as I matured it, this atrocity appeared! I vote for a rework.

This forum has the nerve to shriek in horror at a short snout and floppy ears on a Kavat, and then turn around and beg to keep making cross-species abominations that stagger around the Orbiter on limbs like spiders,' ejecting second faces out of their skulls.

I'm fairly sure the "ugly" face is supposed to look like a Scottish Fold. I'm not a fan of it because it looks bizarre on the super-lanky Kavat body.

What we need is some armor that complements the Scottish Fold Kavat face. The wizard armor doesn't suit it, because the hat is designed to be seen with and complement long ears. The feather armor is okay, but there isn't much to it.

I don't think DE made an "ugly" one just to spite players; I think they made it for people who might not want a "beautiful" Kavat, and prefer something more sinister-looking instead. Again though, the Scottish Fold face looks bizarre on super-lanky Kavats.

After farming 20 kavat genetic codes I finally get my fisrt kavat. As a kitten it looked normal then when fully grown it turned into something I immediately put into stasis.
Is this done on purpose to make players want to keep farming until they can breed something that looks like the design department actually put some effort into what they were creating? or do people actually like this crap? I've seen decent looking Kavats but with the drop rate of Kavats being what it is currently i'd think they would at least give you something for your effort.

Like, look at this thing. wth?

lLtpKYN.jpg

2 minutes ago, War-Zone said:

Is this done on purpose to make players want to keep farming until they can breed something that looks like the design department actually put some effort into what they were creating?

Seems to be the case.

8 minutes ago, War-Zone said:

After farming 20 kavat genetic codes I finally get my fisrt kavat. As a kitten it looked normal then when fully grown it turned into something I immediately put into stasis.
Is this done on purpose to make players want to keep farming until they can breed something that looks like the design department actually put some effort into what they were creating? or do people actually like this crap? I've seen decent looking Kavats but with the drop rate of Kavats being what it is currently i'd think they would at least give you something for your effort.

Like, look at this thing. wth?

lLtpKYN.jpg

Oddly some people like that look... Though honestly it needs fluffiness to look good and the kavats are not fluffy.