Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MaaYuu's Foundry - Mag Scabrus Skin

_malaya_

Fellow Tenno, lend me your strength!!!

Ix80EtV.jpg

To balance the colours of the helmet and make it more asymmetrical I thought about tucking a couple flowers on the right side of her hair. Is it too much? Does the belladonna flower not fit with her style? 

Someone recommended I make it into a halo of flowers, but it's already really busy (Don't think I'll be pursuing that idea so I'm putting it out there if anyone wants it)...

Edit: sorry for the excessive sharpening :(

Edited by MaaYuu

48 minutes ago, blazingcobalt said:

I like the second one. It gets the blue tint in there and leaves the other side open for the 'bangs' to stand out.

Easily my favorite Saryn helmet!

Thanks! I really can't let go of the idea, so this makes my decision a little easier :P

dU8YCQJ.png

A few people said that the flower is way too different from anything in the game, but I think that it's been part of Saryn's motif since thebulbasaur helmet 

3 minutes ago, MaaYuu said:

A few people said that the flower is way too different from anything in the game, but I think that it's been part of Saryn's motif since thebulbasaur helmet 

Mixing the colors on the flower is a great idea.

and lolwut... but her Orphid skin has a giant flower on the shoulder? Unless they're talking directly on how it looks but even then its seems to fit fine to me.

I think its the way that you use the flowers on top of hair like tentacles makes the helmet a bit too humanoid now, which is what DE aesthetic trying to avoid for warframe?  

The dulex skin and alt helmet for saryn does has flowerish element but been done such a way that does not make her have a resemblance of a Hawaiian woman with flowers on her head.

Either tune down a bit or just exaggerate the flower element would fit better imo.

36 minutes ago, Lucha said:

OH LOTUS KNICKERS! IT LOOKS FANTASTIC!

MaaYuu, if you keep it up it will be the best custom tennogen helmet EVARRR.:heart:

I wouldn't say that :P but thank you! :thumbup: 

This'd go so nicely with your syandana, I look forward to seeing it finished!

looking pretty gross:

kt41dDa.png

19 hours ago, Akavakaku said:

I think it would be neat if the flower could merge into the "hair" tentacles, making it more abstract. 

I'll try and find a way, but I wanna keep it a separate element so I can do some cool stuff with it.. Like energy pulsing from the inside of the petals out

7 hours ago, S0V3REiGN said:

that helmet looks really cool, my only concern is that they may reject it because it looks "too human". They rejected HitSusan's Ash skin with that explanation. :/

I dunno, how I interpreted that statement was that the Bai Hu looked like a human with clothing and a mask.  I'm confident the Belladonna has enough elements that comprise Saryn and Warframe,  though I'll definitely change it if it doesn't get in next round 

Edited by MaaYuu

That Mag(?) helmet on the previous page looks very pretty! Are you working on it still?

The Saryn helmet is interesting but I don't know how I feel about the, the thing in her, mouth region? With Valkyr I've had enough ball-gags to last me a lifetime :")

On 12/4/2016 at 11:46 AM, MaaYuu said:

Fellow Tenno, lend me your strength!!!

Ix80EtV.jpg

To balance the colours of the helmet and make it more asymmetrical I thought about tucking a couple flowers on the right side of her hair. Is it too much? Does the belladonna flower not fit with her style? 

Someone recommended I make it into a halo of flowers, but it's already really busy (Don't think I'll be pursuing that idea so I'm putting it out there if anyone wants it)...

Edit: sorry for the excessive sharpening :(

I legit squealed so loud when I saw that Saryn Helmet. I need this <3

On 7-12-2016 at 6:38 AM, Belgard said:

That Mag(?) helmet on the previous page looks very pretty! Are you working on it still?

The Saryn helmet is interesting but I don't know how I feel about the, the thing in her, mouth region? With Valkyr I've had enough ball-gags to last me a lifetime :")

it's supposed to be a gasmask...? well that was my first impression.

the helmet is looking sick though. keep it up!

Sorry for the lack of updates, been working on another project.... I dunno if I can show it yet but here's a sneak peek:

sVczQQR.png

On 12/11/2016 at 0:01 AM, Miss_Fluffybutt said:

it's supposed to be a gasmask...? well that was my first impression.

the helmet is looking sick though. keep it up!

On 12/7/2016 at 4:38 PM, Belgard said:

The Mag Helmet is giving me a bit of grief at the moment, I dunno if the forks at the side are right for it, so i'm trying to think of something else.

Yeah the ball gag thing has been pointed out to me many times. I was wondering if I should leave it or take it out:

Spoiler

pXvnamF.pngaiWQ112.png