Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Focus] Naramon's Shadow Step passive suggestion for more weapon versatility and fitting name

EmptyDevil

Shadow Step would be more balanced and fitting to it's name with the change i'm proposing. This suggestion is to give a little more freedom(in melee weapon choice) and reliability to activating the passive without it being overpowered.

Current Shadow Step:

uCH9d3o.jpg

Notes:

- Favors high-critical stat weapons.

- RNG-based cloaking(unless you make it to 100% critical chance with certain weapons and mods).

- Can potentially stay active for the entire mission.

Suggested Shadow Step:

WslrlJd.jpg

Notes:

- Would not favor specific weapons.

- Invisibility would activate every time you perform maneuvers such as rolls, back handsprings, and etc.

- Maneuver execution speed would be vastly increased.

- Invisibility would stay active for the duration of the maneuver and linger for 3 seconds.

Reminder to keep this in mind:

4kI5NCH.jpg

Expect changes you may or may not like in the future. DE said we would get respecs for when this happens as well, so your time and focus would not be wasted.

Edited by EmptyDevil

1 minute ago, Soketsu said:

Although it's could be fun, I think it's gonna to kill another reason to go full melee at high level. perhaps with damage 3.0 it might change.

For just taking down nullifier with charge attack I think it's good. 

I'm not really seeing the relevance to this topic in your post. Can you elaborate further?

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

I'm not really seeing the relevance to this topic in your post. Can you elaborate further?

If I understand, this change should not directly provide invisibility when the effect proc, but only on manoeuvres you can be invisible.

2 minutes ago, Soketsu said:

If I understand, this change should not directly provide invisibility when the effect proc, but only on manoeuvres you can be invisible.

No, this change makes it to where you go invisible every time you use a maneuver. This makes it so it is not reliant on critical hits.

Edited by EmptyDevil

1 minute ago, EmptyDevil said:

No, this change makes it to where you are go invisible every time you use a maneuver. This makes it so it is not reliant on critical hits.

so the cloak time ? you stay invisible for 10 sec when fully maxed ?

Edited by Soketsu

shadow step arent realy depended on high crit chance melle , Im with EB only 10-15% crit chance with pasives + 25% crit chance for melle and proc shadow steps often thanks to 10 second timer , Id realy preferd it stayed the way it is , I mean voids been reworkd weres really no reason to use this anymore as energy flow is just more usefull for everything .

Edited by bad4youLT

9 minutes ago, Soketsu said:

so the time invisible ? you stay invisible for 10 sec when fully maxed ?

The time invisible is the time of your maneuver.

9 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

shadow step arent realy depended on high crit chance melle , Im with EB only 10% crit chance with pasives + 25% crit chance for melle and proc shadow steps often thanks to 10 second timer , Id realy preferd it stayed the way it is , I mean voids been reworkd weres really no reason to use this anymore as energy flow is just more usefull for everything .

It is reliant on critical hit. Exalted Blade's based critical chance is 50%, not 10% and that is why it procs often. Exalted weapons do not use your weapon stats, they use your mods only.

See here for the corrected reply:

Edited by EmptyDevil

2 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

The time invisible is the time of your maneuver.

It is reliant on critical hit. Exalted Blade's based critical chance is 50%, not 10% and that is why it procs often. Exalted weapons do not use your weapon stats, they use your mods only.

exalted blade's base crit chance is 15%

2 minutes ago, Thural said:

exalted blade's base crit chance is 15%

Is that a recent change or am i mixing things up with Hysteria? Either way, Shadow Step still favors high critical stats. The often procing with Exalted Blade is due to the number of waves that can be launched and enemies hit.

1 minute ago, Thural said:

don't forget that the ability makes your maneuvers faster

Yeah, the idea i had is that you can break enemy attention with a roll and move out of their LoS to slay them. Faster maneuvering allows for better spamming in those GFDO moments.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

Yeah, the idea i had is that you can break enemy attention with a roll and move out of their LoS to slay them. Faster maneuvering allows for better spamming in those GFDO moments.

and less time invisible, your suggestion works best when unleveled, unlike the current shadow step

37 minutes ago, OliverSniper said:

Naramon is good as it is. there are ways to crit with all weapons( for example maiming strike and the crit kavat). I think DE should focus more on Madurai, unariu and Vazerin becose thee don't seam to good compared to Zenurik and Naramon

I disagree with Naramon being "good as it is" because the entirety of the Focus school isn't Shadow Step. There are flaws with Shadow Step and things that can use improvements/changes in the other passives. The same thing applies to Zenurik and Energy Overflow.

31 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

oh, I've seen something like this in otjer places...

yes, I like it and approve of it. Again, you have my support.

We're probably thinking of the same thing.

Thank you for your support!

36 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

you're entitled to your opinion

It's not an opinion. As of now, Naramon can provide consistent invisibility hence prevent all enemy attention to you. Your suggestion will remove this, as it won't allow you to stay invisible all the time by default. Actually, invisibility during rolls (especially with their double speed) will be completely useless, as the only way to make use of it would be to run a completely stealthed mission, which require you to wait few minutes to be able to proc Naramon to begin with.

In the actual combat enemy targeting won't even manage to reset during such short amount of time that'll be required for the roll, so invisibility on it will do nothing. At all.

So, let's see, on one hand we have consistent invisibility on everything that has at least 10% critical chance, guaranteed stealth bonus damage for first hit on every enemy and essentially immortality in solo missions, and on the other we have two-times as fast rolls with fancier animation. No, that isn't even remotely a fair trade-off.

However the idea itself is pretty fun, and when the concept of Warframe invisibility gets reworked (because Naramon is fine. Invisibility isn't fine) and when it stops being such a mandatory thing, with some tweaks this could work. Implementing this currently is a suggestion to trade everything for nothing.

3 minutes ago, 7Lions said:

Orrrrrrrrr instead of Shadow Step ONLY activating on Crit, it can also activate on status proc. 

Problem = Solved

No, not at all. The attention would shift to using high-status weapons for permanent invisibility because it is much easier to proc.

5 minutes ago, ashrah said:

u suggest to ruin naramon just to can utilize bad wepons..... no

Not the goal. My weapon preference has nothing to do with the suggestion. I almost exclusively use the Nikana Prime.