Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Furis with Augment: yay or nay?

Madame_Werewolf

Question

10 answers to this question

One of the great things about the Furis augment is that the weapon serves two wonderful purposes.

1. It's a rapid-fire weapon that ruins Nullifiers if modded well, letting you use a strong single-hit weapon as your Primary.
  2. It lets you self-heal from range.

On frames that cannot easily self-heal or consume their own health, yet aren't so squishy that they can't take a hit and stay standing (Shield of Shadows Despoil Nekros, Ice Chroma, Wall-Tanker Atlas, etc.) having that self-heal can do wonders for staying alive in dicey situations.

Pros:

Very strong health regen.  You barely have to fire the thing to get all your health back.  (Assuming tato'd and forma'd)

Health regen works on defense and rescue targets.

Rapid fire is good for dropping Nully bubbles

Good at skrimishing.  It can hold it's own against a few enemies making it a comfortable choice to run through a mission where killing is not a priority.

Cons:

Bad overall damage.  Performs very poorly if you need to kill multiples heavies continuously.

Bad ammo management.  Not a good choice to use as an exclusive weapon on any kind of extended mission.  NPCs fortunately do not have this issue.

Final Verdict:

Go for it.  I enjoyed it.  Don't expect it to lay waste to rooms of enemies.  However it does what it is meant to do quite well, and provided a unique function not available on any other gun.  I personally don't use it anymore because of medi-ray, and I need the secondary slot for the tysis armor stripping or the twin grakatas for rinsing the weak spots of things I want dead instantly.

It is good for healing, definitely.  Don't main it in missions, as the damage is sub par, and the ammo efficiency is aweful. But as a defense and utility weapon, it's awesome.  It works really well on sortie defense missions too.  

But do realize that you will probably go to use this weapon when you are really low on health, and the time it takes to holster your primary/ melee and unholster the furis can be life or death.  It might actually take a little time to use it a little more effectively.  However, I usually use this weapon on frames that I use with quick thinking.  My energy may drain as I am getting hit, but it buys me time to wield the furis and get my health back without too much energy being drained.