Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sonicor vs Staticor

-CCC-Secret

I mean, Staticor does waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more DPS, especially if u consider corrosive procs on armored enemies, but Staticor is more effective for killing enemies that are low level enough for it to actually kill quickly with it's AOE.

Just now, --Sokol said:

It's not 100% like kamehameha, I know. It just reminds me of it especially the charging mechanic - it's visuals and sound.

i thought more of two tesla roads quite close together creating a lightning bridge.... but yeah, opinions differ^^

Spoiler

I'm just making a thread about the staticor and sonicor and why each is better in its own way. i want to buy both but i don't know which is better for right now and isn't MR fodder.

Sigh, i come here for help and all this community does is call questions memes now and harass people to use their own threads that are different entirely.
I'm sorry for even wanting help now, you guys are just forum trolls.

Edited by AC_GLINT
Wording

1 minute ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

There is already a thread on this....

There is? i couldn't see anything about the staticor and sonicor so i thought I'd make one. Sorry if this bothered you. :/

(Um can i get some info on which is better? you guys have been saying nothing about these weapons so far)

Edited by AC_GLINT
Not double posting.

3 minutes ago, AC_GLINT said:

Pardon?

There were 3 topics with same title. 2 were deleted 'cause troll threads. There is an active one already in General Discussion.

Stat wise Staticor is better with higher base damage and whooping 25% status chance. Faster reload, higher fire rate and quicker reload. But it all boils down to personal preference. Get both, level them and decide which one you want to forma.

Edited by --Sokol

1 minute ago, --Sokol said:

There were 3 topics with same title. 2 were deleted 'cause troll threads. There is an active one already in General Discussion.

But that's a whole different entire thread, i don't understand why a poll would help me. Now please stop being elitist trolls and post some useful info so i can buy which gun suits me best right now.

Staticor is pretty clearly the better one overall. In terms of damage it is one of the best secondaries in the game.

You get pretty much the same amount of CC by going with a status build and blast damage. This also allows you to deal with armor very well.

You don't need a lot of forma for staticor, because the full status build works so well.

The only downside is the travel time, which is really slow even compared to other thrown weapons or bows. It's not really a big deal tho if you go with a lot of fire rate.

Sonicor damage falls off really quickly and enemies flying all over the place when you shoot them can be really annoying.

I should mention that sonicor is probably the best weapon to deal with flying enemies.

Edited by gluih

1 minute ago, AC_GLINT said:

But that's a whole different entire thread, i don't understand why a poll would help me. Now please stop being elitist trolls and post some useful info so i can buy which gun suits me best right now.

How is it different? The poll alone won't give you much info, true, but the comments will show you why people like one over another. Also I've edited my previous reply with an answer.

Some would say Sonicor because "it scales into late game" But actually you are just ragdolling stuff while not actually doing much.

Meanwhile staticor also has CC but in the form of radiation base damage and damage that does a lot more against high level enemies. ( Cons though that bright energy colors pretty much blind the user and nearby allies :| )

10/10 Would pick staticor over sonicor all day any day.

Death is the best CC >:|

Well I didn't expect this. Who would've thought 4 similar threads would appear on a random day long after both weapons have been released.

On topic: As many others said, when comparing weapons, best to get both and decide which you want to get then maybe selling the one you don't like for that extra slot.

10 minutes ago, --Sokol said:

How is it different? The poll alone won't give you much info, true, but the comments will show you why people like one over another. Also I've edited my previous reply with an answer.

Because that is to do with the Sonicor and Staticor? And if theres so much info there why is there barely any replies? Is that another meme thread?

3 minutes ago, secret9005 said:

Well I didn't expect this. Who would've thought 4 similar threads would appear on a random day long after both weapons have been release

Yeah i was playing a match with 2 people using both weapons and they looked pretty cool, i would have given a screenshot but squad chat gets wiped.

And im going to buy with plat that is why i want the best one for me first.

Edited by AC_GLINT

25 minutes ago, AC_GLINT said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm just making a thread about the staticor and sonicor and why each is better in its own way. i want to buy both but i don't know which is better for right now and isn't MR fodder.

Sigh, i come here for help and all this community does is call questions memes now and harass people to use their own threads that are different entirely.
I'm sorry for even wanting help now, you guys are just forum trolls.

Vortexed within