Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread Build Help

(PSN)TheWastelander11

Question

So, this is the build I'm going for with Dread (almost there). Not sure how many forma it will take but figured I'd get some opinions before I use a bunch. Assume all mods are maxed out. Going for maximum damage for killing high level enemies. I had some fire rate mods on but sacrificed them for more crit mods. Wondering if this build is better or if I should go back to something else. Building on WarframeBuilder it comes out with the following stats. All of these numbers are also adding Bladed Rounds and Argon Scope in there every shot but at the point of these numbers I think that's okay. So... is this all correct? Is it a "good" build? Any constructive criticism?
Feel free to post your own Dread builds for easily taking out lvl 100+ enemies, any help is appreciated. I am looking for a build that can one or two shot lvl 100+

Vital Sense
Serration
Argon Scope
Bladed Rounds
Point Strike
Fanged Fusillade
Hammer Shot
Critical Delay

428.107 icone_impact.pngimpact
428.107 icone_penetration.pngpuncture
16953.057 icone_tranchant.pngslash
1.563 charge speed
8.0x | 216.50% crit dmg / crit chance
28.000% status
17809.271 total damage
11394.287 burst dps
7869.762 sustained dps
Edited by (PS4)TheWastelander11

8 answers to this question

I would drop 2 mods for Corrosive or any other desired Ele Combo.

Furthermore i would definitely add Vile Acceleration und Split Chamber.
Multishot leaves no room for debating, this is a must have, and the increased speed is somewhat necessary for charged shots.

Therefor my build would be:

Serration
Split Chamber
Point Strike
Vital Sense
Stormbringer
Infected Clip
Bladed Rounds
Vile Acceleration

You should really have a split chamber on there, being able to fire an extra arrow 90% of the time is effectively going to double your dps. I'd take critical delay and hammershot off as well and use an elemental combo. At lower levels it's not too important but for end game content it's gonna help you put down enemies a lot quicker. And with a point strike and Argon scope you have a 192.5% crit chance so your not really gonna see much benefit from crit delay. (as long as your getting a decent amount of headshots).

5 hours ago, ButterLutter said:

Serration
Split Chamber
Point Strike
Vital Sense
Stormbringer
Infected Clip
Bladed Rounds
Vile Acceleration

This is pretty much the go-to build for using Dread against high-level enemies.

5 hours ago, (PS4)TheWastelander11 said:
428.107 icone_impact.pngimpact
428.107 icone_penetration.pngpuncture
16953.057 icone_tranchant.pngslash
1.563 charge speed
8.0x | 216.50% crit dmg / crit chance
28.000% status
17809.271 total damage
11394.287 burst dps
7869.762 sustained dps

Here's the thing. Don't just look at those stats. Click on "Details" and see what you're doing per faction. Against Grineer,  your build is going to be really, really weak: 15.4k per hit against the regular Grineer (ferrite armor), and a tiny 9.3k against heavy Grineer like Bombards (alloy armor). By comparison, the build @ButterLutter listed is 31.6k and 18.4k, respectively. And his doesn't require you to constantly land headshots in order to maintain max DPS, plus he can draw and fire much much faster (0.3 second draw speed versus your 1.5).

Edited by motorfirebox

There isn't really a general dread build that's good vs everything at lv100+ unless we assume other factors like 4xCP. and/or a specific type of enemy you're shooting at, like using Dread for ferrite and something else in the secondary slot for shooting at alloy. Without more info all I can recommend is that you drop Fanged Fusillade and Critical Delay and use those two slots for elements ideal for your current target, which may include Fanged Fusillade being put back on.

Were you going for a proc build with the list of mods you posted? If so: Fanged Fusillade does not help slash procs as it does not count as "base damage" so we can drop that. Your proc rate is too low for firing slowly so we really need to drop Critical Delay even though we like those red crits. Use those two slots for firing rate or proc chance. Continuous Misery is also an option. Continuous Misery won't help get more or better procs but it's a cheap three rank common and it doubles the damage of any proc you do land by doubling it's duration.

I use:

Serration
Split Chamber
Point Strike
Vital Sense
Shred
Fanged Fusillade
Hammer Shot
Sawtooth Clip

All Maxed.  I do not use anything else that produces a status effect so that when i do get one it is a bleed which goes well with my Ash Passive...

For my secondary I use Despair with Concealed Explosives... generally one of the two weapons works well. 

This is what I used to use in CPx4 groups.

2gXgnY2.jpg

You can swap Argon Scope for Fanged Fusillade if you're not sure on your head-shot rate. Also adding Fanged Fusillade reduces your Viral Proc weight and Viral damage modifiers which in general is better than the Bleed proc and Slash damage. Though both are strong and the difference is minimal. The purpose of a 60/60 instead of 90% is for Viral and Bleed procs which produce significantly higher effective damage over a 90%. I'm not sure on Corrosive based damage, I never ran numbers for that. Viral was the only thing that mattered at the time.

For solo you might want a fire rate mod. It wasn't needed as a Bow's role was to kill high eHP targets while letting other people deal with fodder enemies. So the time it took to draw worked perfectly with head-shot targeting.

For Corrosive, general use, ect. I would just use Rakta Cernos. Dread had a very specific role it shined in and that role is basically dead now on PC.

Edited by Xzorn