Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

3 hours ago, Tymerc said:

Because when you're slaughtering those Grineer you have to look good while doing it, am I right? I hope that if they do add Umbra variants for all Frames that each one has similar attire unique to each of them. 

100% yes...  Fashionframe is the only thing that keeps me going really XD

I mean lets be real, that scarf is like *THE* reason to get Umbra!

3 minutes ago, Z3GR4M said:

I mean lets be real, that scarf is like *THE* reason to get Umbra!

As a player who loves playing Excalibur but currently has no access to an upgraded version of it, I can totally disagree. The disagreement gets deeper if we start talking about excal umbra lore implications in our build.

Just now, -----LegioN----- said:

Most likely a sidegrade to prime, that still an upgrade from vanilla -_-

what i know only China got the "excalibur umbra prime" , we only will get a "excalibur umbra" .. at least that what i fetched up.

13 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

......sidegrade to prime....

you said it is a sidegrade to prime. So normaly you would mean then a umbra prime,but that might just be me

Edited by DeFragMe
Smartphone D:

32 minutes ago, DeFragMe said:

you said it is a sidegrade to prime. So normaly you would mean then a umbra prime,but that might just be me

Yep, I said umbra will most likely be a sidegrade to prime, I never meant to say anything about umbra prime because that's not what we're getting, while on the other hand, making umbra(s) upgraded versions of prime(s) would render our current primed frames irrelevant due to powercreep (thing that DE seems to be trying to fix, so giving us a higher level of frames would only be a step backwards in the matter)

The point still, making Global umbra a sidegrade to global prime would keep it as an upgrade to vanilla/normal/mass produced/ excalibur or any other frame getting an umbra in the future.

About their stats, I don't care if both global frames (Umbra and Prime) get buffed to match Chinese Origibator's Umbra Prime stats or get balanced around founder's prime stats. I'd prefer the first to reduce the salt that some founders might spill when Umbra (not umbra prime) gets released on our build.

Given that Umbras are "supposed" to be the opposite of primes (twisted versions of them or whatever, might have changed or change in the future anyways) the only Umbra Prime warframe I'd love to see and I guess makes sense is Umbra Equinox Prime, being this his only upgrade which changes between Umbra Night and Day Prime aspects, keeping his duality theme. 

Any other "Umbra Prime" in our build (chinese one has a different lore afaik) might be the warframe in its perfect form or something, and if the game gets to that point would be a sign to start saying "enough with this"

Edited by -----LegioN-----

6 hours ago, PsychedelicSnake said:

You got that right.

oh yeah..... scarf ^. ^

6 hours ago, arch111 said:

Ember umbra, have to admit I would want that.

someones drafted concept art 

Spoiler

riixEUQ.png

6 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

As a player who loves playing Excalibur but currently has no access to an upgraded version of it, I can totally disagree. The disagreement gets deeper if we start talking about excal umbra lore implications in our build.

makes sense to me 

5 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Yep, I said umbra will most likely be a sidegrade to prime, I never meant to say anything about umbra prime because that's not what we're getting, while on the other hand, making umbra(s) upgraded versions of prime(s) would render our current primed frames irrelevant due to powercreep (thing that DE seems to be trying to fix, so giving us a higher level of frames would only be a step backwards in the matter)

The point still, making Global umbra a sidegrade to global prime would keep it as an upgrade to vanilla/normal/mass produced/ excalibur or any other frame getting an umbra in the future.

About their stats, I don't care if both global frames (Umbra and Prime) get buffed to match Chinese Origibator's Umbra Prime stats or get balanced around founder's prime stats. I'd prefer the first to reduce the salt that some founders might spill when Umbra (not umbra prime) gets released on our build.

Hide contents

Given that Umbras are "supposed" to be the opposite of primes (twisted versions of them or whatever, might have changed or change in the future anyways) the only Umbra Prime warframe I'd love to see and I guess makes sense is Umbra Equinox Prime, being this his only upgrade which changes between Umbra Night and Day Prime aspects, keeping his duality theme. 

Any other "Umbra Prime" in our build (chinese one has a different lore afaik) might be the warframe in its perfect form or something, and if the game gets to that point would be a sign to start saying "enough with this"

agreed 

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

.....*gets pitchforks and touches*

this , im personally in my corner for umbra ember/equinox ....and umbra nova = darkmattert? 

Ouch (had trouble editing the quote)

I do believe I heard something about Umbra having different stats from Prime... and who knows, DE might make the Scarf available from the Market, or given free to those that have Excalibur Prime if it is an Auxiliary.

Also, I would rather like an Equinox Prime/Umbra... or who knows, maybe they will be two different frames that you can build and use, but then combine them for Equinox Smorgasbord, gaining the passive ability of anything that gets too close to it gets sucked in like a Black Hole.

1 minute ago, (PS4)skydrive said:

I do believe I heard something about Umbra having different stats from Prime... and who knows, DE might make the Scarf available from the Market, or given free to those that have Excalibur Prime if it is an Auxiliary.

Also, I would rather like an Equinox Prime/Umbra... or who knows, maybe they will be two different frames that you can build and use, but then combine them for Equinox Smorgasbord, gaining the passive ability of anything that gets too close to it gets sucked in like a Black Hole.

the ideas does sound nice, but we never should overthink stuff we dont even know how exactly will be.....

after all.. we dont know anything explicit about the abilitys and such.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)skydrive said:

yea a equinox prime umbra actually would be cannon imo but we dont know how umbras are created yet to know that is  a possible setup

so far stats as we know it umbra excal prime is higher, but global umbra excal is yet to be released 

the only thing we know is they will be "unique" and different then primes, we just dont know how yet 

16 hours ago, (PS4)skydrive said:

I'm just going to ask this question... throwing it out there... but umm, how many of you would be pleased or upset if it turned out to be one of the exclusives for Tennocon?

Also, I'm really hoping I can apply my Obsidian Skin, Obsidian Helmet, and Obsidian Syadana on it with the scarf... well could lose the Syadana for the scarf... but then would probably need to get 10 more Arcane Trickeries.

I think every single person in this forum that has been patiently waiting for Umbra for almost a year now, all the die-hard fans of Excalibur and Warframe would see this as the biggest slap in the face ever. All of them would leave the game and half of them would probably stay off. I'm not keen on even thinking DE would be stupid enough to try that.

16 hours ago, (PS4)skydrive said:

I'm just going to ask this question... throwing it out there... but umm, how many of you would be pleased or upset if it turned out to be one of the exclusives for Tennocon?

It won't. Steve joked about exactly this on the April 1 2016 Devstream and it was very quickly clarified to be a joke.