Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

7 hours ago, Nashucus said:

maybe that's what the war within is?

Without necessarily meaning to, my #1 theory supports the "war without" and my #2 theory supports the "war within".

Either way, I can't see being an ageless child-super-soldier trapped in eternal sleep and using body-corrupting void powers in a nearly endless cycle of war not having some sort of major negative impact, both internally and on the Tennoverse.

The entire Warframe/Zariman 10-0 program is a giant echo of Orokin oppression, corruption, and war.

42 minutes ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

I can't believe there is enough information to produce 168 pages of this Umbra talk. Most of you really need to get on with life.......LOL

Whats a "life"?

Do you get them from Tower Survival or Defense

Lads, could you please stop casually chatting about the existence of the datamined leak? We've been asked before to quit slyly mentioning those kinds of spoilers.

Let's be clear here: "Oh, I know X, Y, and Z is coming in U19. Now I'm not saying I read it in the datamined information! But I know stuff about U19, and I'm gonna casually mention it now and then."

That's talking about datamined information. That's dancing right up to the line the mods have drawn, dipping a toe over it, and saying "Look, I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you! But there's a leak, and I'm gonna talk about the leaked information."

Edited by BornWithTeeth

13 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Can I throw in with a hopefully meaningful set of 2 theories?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

1.  There is the possibility that "Low Guardians" were Tenno that could not adequately perform transference.

Because of that, they were not effectively immortal like their sleeping counterparts, and were thus seen as lesser or "low" Tenno.

They were mind-wiped and repurposed with wearable Warframes to harness their power.  They were sent throughout the Orokin Empire and placed in "guardian" roles.

Not being encased in "Soma dream sleep", they slowly grew to adulthood and this, coupled with the removal of transference inefficiencies, made them VERY powerful, if vulnerable.

Some became independent, free-will thinkers and (RE)discovered what the Orokin had done to them and their "Second Dream" siblings and rebelled against their Orokin Masters and fought them from the darkness, unseen.

Many sought to free their sleeping brethren (Second Dream Tenno) from bondage, seeing their plight as that of the prisoners in "The Cave", purposely being misled by a false reality of cast shadows.

Notice how none of the Acolytes actively sought direct combat with the Tenno, more concerned with killing Alad, a direct Orokin descendant.

Stalker may very well be a loyalist low guardian that was unaware of what he was or the history of the Tenno when the Empire fell.

He may not lead the Acolytes at all, who probably needed Soma pods of their own to extend their lifespan.

He may have died a long time ago, but through sheer force of will, merged his consciousness with the Warframe Suit he was wearing to pursue vengeance.

2.  Jung's theory on Collective Unconscious and Freud's Id.

Basically the subconscious hate, despair, dread, and rage generated by Tenno while sleeping fed energies into their Warframes and allowed them to gain Self-awareness.

Being a child-super-soldier sleep-enslaved into a never-ending reality of the horrors of war will probably have unseen repercussions.

If you need a reason why Stalker can always find you and is immune to your powers it's because he essentially IS your shadowy subconscious/unconscious made real as a Self-aware Warframe who hates you as you secretly hate yourself (sound familiar?)  The "Stalker" may even think it is a real person, not wanting to come to terms with what it is.

The quest will be one to SAVE YOURSELF from devolving into insanity and finding redemption for the atrocities you have committed.  Umbras could have the ability to absorb and channel the negative energy generated by your Tenno to keep him or her stable, thus making these shadow-eater frames essential.

The Scifi Classic Forbidden Planet has a creature in it that very closely follows this model: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_Planet

well put tenno 

11 hours ago, (PS4)Bosnia_Akhalar said:

Umbra Prime

Excalibur-Umbra2.jpg

technically it will be umbra exacl in global ... 

but per that thought id say equinox has a chance at being a umbra/prime combo 

35 minutes ago, LegionCynex said:

Not to worry, they won't lock it, just remove the posts, this is too much of a big Distinction to be just locked, they did this with the Second Dream topic, dataminers got removed so quicklly, but mods kept it up. They may lock it for a review however, but turn it back on another time.

ya its not like it hasnt happened before.... 

54 minutes ago, Pogomonster said:

-posted datamined info without reading forum rules or the op -

and please read op before posting.....

Please keep all discussions civil and respectful Tenno.

If you have any new [info/videos /pictures] on the subject please submit them to the thread.

if your unsure of your sources origins, please send it to me in a pm  before posting

Note: info provided must be authentic, please do not start/spread/discuss misinformation or datamined info .

A reminder to all that Datamining is not allowed on the forums, please refer to the forum code of conduct:

"2a) LEAKED/DATA-MINED CONTENT- Please do not promote or share leaks or data-mined information in the forums. If you are concerned about leaks please PM the DE staff. Continued posting of leaks/rumors will result in a warning point if the action continues after initial contact. We want to assure all Tenno are able to share in the excitement of new content when it is released to public. Addressing speculation and rumors takes attention away from the crucial content, changes, and fixes that are prioritized to further improve the game."~NovusNova

16vwgh.jpg

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

individuality in any sense and meaning is lost here ...

hype rules, avoiding reality or how things are is lost

im just thinking the only practical way in MY PERSONAL VIEW, how much would DE take if i want my personal prime-frame moved into the game which nobody else then me can play and everybody can see, some weapons and cosmetics and all based on the "design-core" of warframe would need how much real cash from me ^^)

oops ... ! (^^

Just now, black7coat said:

individuality in any sense and meaning is lost here ...

hype rules, avoiding reality or how things are is lost

im just thinking the only practical way in MY PERSONAL VIEW, how much would DE take if i want my personal prime-frame moved into the game which nobody else then me can play and everybody can see, some weapons and cosmetics and all based on the "design-core" of warframe would need how much real cash from me ^^)

oops ... ! (^^

Uh, do you mean, paying some sort of premium to DE in exchange for being allowed to insert your own personal design of a Warframe into the game? One hard locked to your account only? Because, well. No. That's not happening.

4 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Uh, do you mean, paying some sort of premium to DE in exchange for being allowed to insert your own personal design of a Warframe into the game? One hard locked to your account only? Because, well. No. That's not happening.

really, no ? =)

if i look around then my "lill dream" has more logic and chance of a possible reality then the whole entire thread ... anyway, i can live with my truth (^^

Spoilers man *sigh*

Want me to tell you the ending to the movies you have been dying to see? Want me to tell you the ending of the Matrix/Inception/Memento/Bilbo/Pulp fiction/Usual suspects/Sixth Sense/The Village/Signs?

Want to read Harry Potter? Want me to tell you every character who dies? 

Seriously people. Think for a second. You really want to ruin things for others like that?

Please stay out if you can not keep yourself in check.

1 hour ago, black7coat said:

really, no ? =)

if i look around then my "lill dream" has more logic and chance of a possible reality then the whole entire thread ... anyway, i can live with my truth (^^

I think there's been rather enough of people deciding to just live with their own personal version of the truth, don't you? That's how you get Headcanon Rage Syndrome.

(To be quite honest, I expect to see a few spectacular cases of that particular malady once U19 does drop. The Internet medical journals will have a field day, and I myself am preparing to submit a survey to the August issue of Sodium Levels.)

Edited by BornWithTeeth

1 hour ago, arch111 said:

Spoilers man *sigh*

Want me to tell you the ending to the movies you have been dying to see? Want me to tell you the ending of the Matrix/Inception/Memento/Bilbo/Pulp fiction/Usual suspects/Sixth Sense/The Village/Signs?

Want to read Harry Potter? Want me to tell you every character who dies? 

Seriously people. Think for a second. You really want to ruin things for others like that?

Please stay out if you can not keep yourself in check.

well put 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I'm willing to bet all the speculation on this page, whether smart or stupid, will wind up being far more interesting than the resulting story-line DE will come up with for Umbra. I almost always find that the speculation is always far greater than the revelation.

yep, and when its out.. the hype theories posts will commence 

Spoiler

PS thanks to the mod who did cleanup 

I was part of the "Are Tenno Energy?" Theory-thread before Second Dream. The insanity of it was well beyond where we are now, but the feeling is the same.

When Sd finally hit, some things were confirmed,  some thrown out the window, and some (tenno teens) were not so well received.

Umbra is different in many ways because we know nothing. It's all speculation and a promise of a new layer to the Lore.

It is the same in the sense that even after SD, the theory and debates still go on. The same wil be true for umbra, unless it is a rock-solid new lore - but so far DE have never done that.

And that annoys me like an itch I can't reach, and entertains me like a kid both at once.

9 hours ago, Praxxor said:

There was a leak with some major things about Umbra, obviously I'm not going to post any links because of rules, but all I can say is that it sounded really, really awesome

Tell me everything u know!!

5 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

ya its not like it hasnt happened before.... 

16vwgh.jpg

From what I can tell you dudes have all been at this umbra subject for like six months or something with rage posts and demands for info and now you're getting touchy over spoilers? I'm surprised I would have thought you guys would be jumping up and down with glee. 

Whats the big deal about this whole thing anyway? 

36 minutes ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

From what I can tell you dudes have all been at this umbra subject for like six months or something with rage posts and demands for info and now you're getting touchy over spoilers? I'm surprised I would have thought you guys would be jumping up and down with glee. 

It's like this.

It's Christmas morning. All the presents are under the tree. You rum to the tree and pick up that big one the one you have been waiting for all year, shaking it gentely to hear what's inside.

The excitement is real, in just a few hours you will get to open it and find out what is inside! 

Then uncle Tom strolls in and casually tells you what your going to get.

We are allmost at the END of the long wait. Thats why these leaks and spoilers keep happening; people can't contain their excitement.

But why be in such a hurry? We will all know soon now.

The reveal WILL be sweeter if we wait. Keep uncle Tom out of the friggin livingroom :)

1 hour ago, LorianTheElderPrince said:

There was a leak with some major things about Umbra, obviously I'm not going to post any links because of rules, but all I can say is that it sounded really, really awesome

thin  insider trading. if you cheat to get the info and start spouting I PLACE BETS and state you basically got the info illegally , its not really a win and they took the easy way. to earn it, to know you had at least the general idea right based on your own wits is a better goal. if others want the info feel free to search it, but do not speak of it here

rofl at this major leak comment, it was literally like 5 lines that actually was again a variation of info weve discussed ..so *eye rolls* 

simple fact is many are aware of a lot of info that cannot be discussed here via eula agreement and have known about it for some time, the fact those who do know remain silent and try to keep it underwraps shows maturity in my book

here is a little poem i was working on for my comic "umbra unleashed" that might apply well to this

What is hidden behind the shadows veil, will reveal the umbras heart , and only then will the truth be seen, by the light of coming war