Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Just knowing that new style for the WarFrames are going to come out already excites me. I can't wait to see the Umbra Saryn Prime when she ever comes out.

I hope they are going to emphasize on how venomous she is with her new look since umbras are darker sides of primes. Even though i still love her warrior prime look, it has a certain elegance to it like she's royalty. Especially with that heart shape on her helmet gives me that queen of hearts vibe.

tumblr_o2o6bl7rGo1u9werno1_500.gif

9 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I guess warframes are actual beings with their own, maybe primitive, intelligence, comprehension skills and consciousness (mind?) being totally overridden with our tenno's mind with transference. This is mostly due to the scene from the second dream where the warframe breaks War while the operator wasn't "using" him (he wasn't on his chair nor touching the warframe in any way)

nah that was just the tenno re-establishing the mental bond between the tenno and warframe making a bare connection so that he could save himself at the last second.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

nah that was just the tenno re-establishing the mental bond between the tenno and warframe making a bare connection so that he could save himself at the last second. Or some sort of emergency artificial intelligence that would make sense for a tenno to install so that in case of a disconnection the warframe would return home instead of being stuck in the middle of nowhere.

1 hour ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

nah that was just the tenno re-establishing the mental bond between the tenno and warframe making a bare connection so that he could save himself at the last second.

Nah, the frame awakening was a purposefully placed hint about frame sentience.

7 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Nah, the frame awakening was a purposefully placed hint about frame sentience.

I don't know, that just sounds kinda dumb to me. If the tissue tissue was sentient, wouldn't the frame start acting the way the tissue affects other things. Like infested guys, they're kinda like zombies, then again, the infested tissue seems to affect corpus technology too so I guess that has some merit. Wouldn't the suit start fighting for independent control tho? I think if they're gonna start exploring lore more. I'd kinda wanna know how this infested zombie tissue works.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

Would the frame fight for control? Who knows, but I guess that's why the transference reestablishing protocol checks if a 'Margulis implant' is working, which can be assumed is an important part allowing the Tenno to take control of the frames. The last line of that tenno text loading screen message says something about initializing synaptic overlay, implying that the Tenno's mind is superimposed onto something else. Then there's the codex entry of a rogue Rhino going ballistic and acting like a monster, and chances are if Valkyr wasn't sentient torturing her wouldn't have affected in the least. With what we know right now it's more probable that frames are sentient than it is to assume they are not. Plus, most players are far more attached to the frame than the Tenno, and simply removing any personality they might have would be disappointing, not to mention that it creates more opportunity for conflict and character development.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

5 hours ago, (PS4)lmysterie said:

Just knowing that new style for the WarFrames are going to come out already excites me. I can't wait to see the Umbra Saryn Prime when she ever comes out.

I hope they are going to emphasize on how venomous she is with her new look since umbras are darker sides of primes. Even though i still love her warrior prime look, it has a certain elegance to it like she's royalty. Especially with that heart shape on her helmet gives me that queen of hearts vibe.

china has umbra excalibur prime except we wouldn't get him because it was china's founders not to be able to get ever again like how we have our founders although this can be a semi problem because now we will have people crying about umbra excalibur prime and excalibur prime but umbra excalibur was sapposed to help with this. for Saryn Umbra Prime that might take a very long long time considering we dont even have a single umbra frame out. 

18 minutes ago, Slayer116 said:

china has umbra excalibur prime except we wouldn't get him because it was china's founders not to be able to get ever again like how we have our founders although this can be a semi problem because now we will have people crying about umbra excalibur prime and excalibur prime but umbra excalibur was sapposed to help with this. for Saryn Umbra Prime that might take a very long long time considering we dont even have a single umbra frame out. 

No one should be crying about anything. People are latching onto some notion that only 'Umbra Prime' will be Prime equivalent when it is not. The name is likely redundant at this point anyway.

This is what we know based on what DE told us so far:

- Umbra = Prime

- Prime = Umbra

- Excalibur Umbra = Excalibur Prime

- Excalibur Prime = Excalibur Umbra

Two sides of the same coin.

This is what I've observed some players saying/believing:

- Umbra Prime > Umbra

- Umbra Prime > or = Prime

- Excalibur Umbra Prime > or = Prime> Umbra

- Umbra is a better-than-base frame but less than Prime because Umbra Prime exists.

The thing some people don't understand is that Umbra is not a base version alternative to the regular starter Excalibur. Umbra is on the same tier as a Prime.

I'm sure most people would be perfectly fine and not care a single bit about an Umbra Prime because Umbra is Prime Equivalent.

2 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

No one should be crying about anything. People are latching onto some notion that only 'Umbra Prime' will be Prime equivalent when it is not. The name is likely redundant at this point anyway.

- Umbra = Prime

- Prime = Umbra

- Umbra Prime > Umbra

- Umbra is a better-than-base frame but less than Prime because Umbra Prime exists.

The thing some people don't understand is that Umbra is not a base version alternative to the regular starter Excalibur. Umbra is on the same tier as a Prime.

I'm sure most people would be perfectly fine and not care a single bit about an Umbra Prime because Umbra is Prime Equivalent.

yes that can get a bit confusing. maybe i should make a graph or ...chart or something for OP?  i thought the FAQ explained it ok 

...not sure how to remedy this ...

9 hours ago, EmptyDevil said:

- Umbra = Prime

- Prime = Umbra

- Umbra Prime > Umbra

I'm more inclined to think that Umbra=Umbra Prime≊Excalibur Prime

1 hour ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I'm more inclined to think that Umbra=Umbra Prime≊Excalibur Prime

Likely Umbra will be comparable to Umbra Prime (We are not getting that version, though. Just Umbra. There may be some cosmetic changes. Likely coloration).

18 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Plus, most players are far more attached to the frame than the Tenno, and simply removing any personality they might have would be disappointing, not to mention that it creates more opportunity for conflict and character development.

Source?

I get that I do this specific thing a lot [where someone claims to be speaking for the majority and I point out that unless you have some serious poll numbers backing you up you can't really make that claim], but appealing to an invisible majority who just so happen to share your views is a pretty flawed approach.

For a single datum point in the opposite direction: The Second Dream showed us where the mind and identity of the Tenno is. It's in the Operator. I would freely sacrifice 'frames to save the Operator, because for me the Operator is the player character. For me, it was a pretty seamless transition, and I have no issues or regrets.

49 minutes ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Rebecca didn't say anything about Umbra though. Only new operation, New weapons, PBR for few primes.

I said that I hope that he shows in this update... and that is certainly update18.10 coming for today... Do you understand now?

Edited by Vlada91

I know we don't have even have the Umbra frames, let alone Umbra Excalibur, even out yet but I've been having a thought that I'm not sure anyone else may have brought out. Which in case, my b.

The moment I heard of the Umbra frames that made me instantly think about Bayonetta or at least the two groups in the games: the Umbra witches and the Lumen sages. They're both opposites of one another and well we have the Umbra frames, who's to say maybe Lumen frames. Not saying this should be a thing just something that sounds like an interesting possibility. Granted the original Primes are already "light" enough so maybe they are already Lumen frames, just never been called it. But who knows, maybe the Orokin just didn't think they were shiny enough and demanded frames that were like the living sun itself. Cause you know, needed to have more to stroke there egos.