The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

Luckily, you are talking to someone who almost never uses aggressions or rage when typing; check my reputation in the profile and my posts, if there's one here making baseless arguments, I'm sorry, but it's definitely you.

Claiming something totally wrong and unreasonable in a thread where you also claim to clarify something is the best way to spread confusion, flame and to get people arguing over each other; maybe the fault is mine, but yes, I do really hate that behaviour and it's just toxic for the community, especially on such a delicate matter where one wrong word could cause a s**t storm based on nothing.

When you say something like "Excalibur Prime could be released again..................but probably it won't", you're just doing the safe assumption it won't to save yourself, while you 100% know this will cause confusion and misinformation.

Seriously, look at the answers you got, many are so tired of speculating over nothing or to get mad trying to find a source for claims you do without providing any solid info.

You noticed a similarity between Shadow Stalker and Umbra? Well, sorry to say that, but you're damn late to the party; look at the first post of this thread, don't you think that's a proper way to share the(poor) info we have on the matter, rather than claiming false things or unreasonable ones?

What drove me mad on your Excalibur Prime statement was not the possibility itself, that I actually would welcome, it was the tentative to provoke a reaction by someone, just for flame's sake.

How can you say that you're trying to clarify and help by spreading false news, absurd possibilities and such??

Like if I opened a thread saying "Hey, you know, I heard DE could take all the plat you have, erase them from your account and call it a bug, because Beta................but it probably would never happen".

What's the point of such a claim if not hoping that someone will really consider the possibility and a dangerous discussion will raise from it?

C'mon, let's stick to the facts, the OP is all we need to know about Umbra and most important all we actually know so far.

EDIT: if it's not clear yet, read Lazer's post just above.

You do realize I was the first one to make a thread about umbra bad stalker and everyone told me I was crazy... So I started to party(bad joke). wait.. also in advance "I told you so."The flames are rising..I suggest you put them out before you burn this thread down because the only one making any arguments here is you. Is that all you have to

say?

Just wait for it to come out and why arethusa showing up if you hate the threads? Also in advance(again)"I told you so."

Shadow Stalker and Umbra are two different things.

I'm done with your threads. If you wish to believe the global Umbra will have less cosmetic distinction compared to Shadow Stalker only because the latter is a watered down former cosmetically, and you have absolutely no other reason to believe so, go right ahead.

But please, don't spread misinformation across the playerbase which will likely cause a panic. You're doing more harm than good when trying to provide information on Umbra because there is no information on Umbra, so anything you say is pure speculation.

Has this post had many comments deleted? From one second everything is peachy then the next it looks like nothing but founders flaming the original poster. This is why the founders get a bad rep with the majority of the community. I know many of you are lovely and all but really their is no need to flame on what was a peaceful and friendly thread.

Now idk if umbra prime and umbra have any meaning in difference. I feel that was nothing more than a mistranslation. I feel and from what i understand will be only one umbra frame. I don't think DE would make the mistake at making yet another exclusive frame, they are very clearly still paying for the first one (even though it saved them but does make a very edgy community topic)

Honestly i do not think they are having lore issues with the umbra but them trying to find a way to justify a pseudo excal p without saying it isnt excal p but while saying it is XD. In my opinion i think the umbra is nothing more than a cop out that they are trying to make much more than that. Also im probably about to get the flames but its okay im already in the kitchen >:D

Wow. All through your posts you've acted like a complete troll, even when some of the most recognisable of the community have tried to help you see sense.Somewhere-a-village-acd8io.jpg

Wow. All through your posts you've acted like a complete troll, even when some of the most recognisable of the community have tried to help you see sense.Somewhere-a-village-acd8io.jpg

Correct=recognizable Don't equal each other

When I said Excalibur Umbra was related to Stalker Some of the most recognizable people called me a nut job even some mods did...BUT guess what, I was right and they were wrong.

When I said we would get Umbra some of the most recognizable people told me we didn't even have a chance but guess what......I was right and they were wrong.

Starting Arguments for no reason and acting aggressive for no reason doesn't = correct aswell

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

Stalker's body has the Prime metallic trimming but it's recolored. The only thing he doesn't have are the protruding arm crescents but, DE recently showed a picture where he has all of the Prime bits recolored red. So yeah, it's not hard to believe to me.

Either way, the differences will probably be minor.

zAYEexc.jpg

Wait a second.....isn't this what a said earlier?

i think maybe they'll tweak shape of its golden spikey-thing on excal helmet or his arms

Yes.

Now watch and wait as my "baseless speculation" becomes fact and truth once again. Wow I really sound like an A****** but nevertheless don't attack someone who has a history of being right on the same topic over and over.

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

Personally I think that the Umbra frames should now be tied to focus and just be a skin you can unlock for your favorite frame. Lore wise all this would mean is that once a tenno has "mastered" a warframe they would get these Umbra Skins that would display their achievement ofcourse I would also like for them to be mastery rank locked something like 16-18 nothing too damn early like the stupid quest master ranks and the Sorties being open to MR4 which is $&*&*#(%& imo should be something like MR10 at the very least or 12 like the syndicate weapons hopefully they'll get fixed with the mastery rank restrictions rework.

been playing for a year and a half and still MR9 (Play for fun only really grind for primes) and I just don't feel the whole MR locking thing will benefit a lot of lower MR players. Those locked levels are levels I'm sure are levels you've already passed, but what about the veteran tenno who've chosen to cruise through the starchart with much of the same gear? I'd suggest a (if you've played for this long limit (1/2 months) but that'd tick some people off as well.

Honestly i do not think they are having lore issues with the umbra but them trying to find a way to justify a pseudo excal p without saying it isnt excal p but while saying it is XD. In my opinion i think the umbra is nothing more than a cop out that they are trying to make much more than that. Also im probably about to get the flames but its okay im already in the kitchen >:D

No flame for you because I'm fairly positive this is the case, and a lot of people have actually settled on this being the truth.

I think, we not going to have the primed stats or maybe, not the same patern of color. (decal)

Not sure about the stats too, honestly; it could well be that those Chinese ones are because there is no other "premium" Excalibur version around.

Though, they could match them with Excalibur Prime or leave them higher as Umbra might be not just a mirrored Prime version but a better one? Who knows, we'll see pretty soon, finally!

ok

1. did my thread get merged with another ?

2. all details and speculation have been discussed at length. all knowledge for current umbra info is on the main post of thread

3. lore and all other info on umbra background is speculation till de further unviels info

Yes, there was a merge.

After the encounter with Shadow Stalker and Hunhow, the Tenno were getting an idea on how to fight the Sentients. They then prepare the appropriately modded weapons. They expected the Sentients to adapt their strategies. Little did they know that the Sentients would be able to do more than just adapt to damage...

Lotus receives an unintelligible transmission from Mars. Not even Ordis can translate this translation. Fearing an ominous event, the Lotus sends you to War, Mars, to gather information from the corpus, assuming that it may be the Corpus' technology creating such transmissions. She asks you to secure information from 3 vaults without losing any of them, due to her assumption that said info might be fragile if split up (Spy, Corpus Outpost).

Lotus then finds out that the Corpus have set up a trap in those vaults. Aside from disabling transmissions from the Lotus, the trap also disabled your landing crafts. Now the Corpus are sending messages throughout the origin system, requesting assistance to eliminate you Tenno in War, Mars (Interception, Corpus Outpost). By Ordis' ingenuity, you not only disable the distress signal from being sent out, but also disable the trap that the Corpus have set up.

After getting back to space/void, Lotus and Alad V contact you. Lotus, as usual, asks if you Tenno are fine. Alad V then speaks about what happened. He says that you were not fighting the Corpus, rather those were Sentient-controlled Corpus. Alad V wants to know why the Sentients are controlling the Corpus instead of just showing a more superior force. Lotus and Alad V agree to send you to Arcadia, Mars, where Alad V can access some files using "backdoors." Considering that he himself cannot be in that mission, due to him not saying why, he gives you a device that allows him remote access to said consoles (Mobile Defense, Corpus Outpost). Midway hacking the last console, Alad V is suprised to see "Classified Information" about Gradivus, Mars. Sentient drones then appear, attempting to destroy said console and the Tenno. After hacking the last console, the Lotus hastily tells you to escape because she has detected numerous Sentients, Nullifiers, and Modular Corpus coming to eliminate you.

After escaping, Alad V asks Lotus if it is okay for him to send the Tenno to Gradivus, to eliminate "a weird humanoid" that has been found in there. Alad V identifies that the "weird humanoid" only spawns on high casualties of Sentients or controlled Corpus. Alad V tells you to eliminate all personnel in the outpost, hoping that the entity would come out (Exterminate). The entity spawns, shocking Alad V, Lotus, Ordis, the Tenno, and the Operator. Apparently, Hunhow was able to corrupt a WARFRAME found in Gradivus. An EXCALIBUR stands before you Tenno, bearing the markings of a Sentient. Lotus tasks you to eliminate said WARFRAME, not before Simaris butts in. Simaris then tells you that being able to scan that WARFRAME may give the Tenno an idea on how Hunhow worked his magic into that EXCALIBUR.

After scanning and eliminating the WARFRAME, the Lotus tasks you to destroy the outpost, for fear of Hunhow tainting the other Tenno in the cryopods. Sentients then start spawning in numbers, attempting to eliminate the Tenno (again).

After escaping, Simaris then gives you an Excalibur Umbra Helmet Blueprint. He then says that he is still studying the imprint that you scanned. Each blueprint built leads to Simaris talking about attempting to make some progress, and gives you another blueprint to build (Chassis, System, then main BP). After building Excalibur Umbra, a message from Hunhow appears. He sends a cryptic message about him being able to corrupt more WARFRAMES in other planets in the origin system. Simaris contacts you, mad at himself for being able to identify nothing that could help the Tenno.

The quest ends by Lotus reassuring the Tenno that they can beat Hunhow, and gives you a reward, which could be any/multiple of the following (Not RNG-based, just can't think of which reward to be given):

- Orokin Reactor

- Orokin Catalyst

- Exilus Adapter

- End-Quest Sigil

- Lotus-themed armor set (Armor set + Syandana)

Edited by p3z1

The idea seems interesting.

But from what I heard the U'bra warframes are supposed to be only given to the finest of all Tennos. Somekind of elite of the elite so to say.

But those infos are a bit old now, so the meaning of Umbras might have changed in between

The idea seems interesting.

But from what I heard the U'bra warframes are supposed to be only given to the finest of all Tennos. Somekind of elite of the elite so to say.

But those infos are a bit old now, so the meaning of Umbras might have changed in between

Basing my idea on Shadow Stalker, since his body model seems to be close to Excalibur Umbra...

Also, I haven't seen that about the umbras, the part wherein they are the elite of the elite.

been playing for a year and a half and still MR9 (Play for fun only really grind for primes) and I just don't feel the whole MR locking thing will benefit a lot of lower MR players. Those locked levels are levels I'm sure are levels you've already passed, but what about the veteran tenno who've chosen to cruise through the starchart with much of the same gear? I'd suggest a (if you've played for this long limit (1/2 months) but that'd tick some people off as well.

That's on you if you want to stay lower mastery. DE shouldn't conform to such a thing. There are no benefits to staying lower mastery.