Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

33 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

If that's the case, that leaves three options:

1. Umbras are truly, honestly non-player accessible. This would be deliciously rage inducing. It would be amazing. I would simply sit at my computer crying with laughter, helplessly clapping my hands like a sealion and making amusing honking noises. (DE are not going to do this. It would be the most spectacular act of trolling that I have ever seen. They would have my eternal allegiance until the final battle at the end of all time if they did it, but they won't.)

2. Umbras are antagonistic creations which players would have to fight off/hunt down. Successfully defeating an Umbra 'frame would grant you fragments and blueprints which would then need to be modified for use through Transference. This might lead to a frigging awesome quest about recovering the ancient labs and development temples of the original Warframe project, to access the data needed to recalibrate those control systems.

3. Umbras truly are for the edgelords who wish to kill their human bodies and permanently transfer into a Warframe. Ok, sure. I'd be cool with people doing this. I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't stop anyone else from doing so.

I think 2nd option is the way to go, with a few changes.

I believe Steve said about making Focus more impactful so maybe Umbras can only be defeated with the use of Focus abilities. He also said that obtaining Umbra won't be as easy as "farm for his bp and parts", so maybe quest reward and using Focus points to unlock and research Umbra parts.

Edited by LogaMC1995

1 minute ago, LogaMC1995 said:

I believe Steve said about making Focus more impactful so maybe Umbras can only be defeated with the use of Focus abilities. He also said that obtaining Umbra won't be as easy as "farm for his bp and parts", so maybe quest reward and using Focus points to unlock and research Umbra parts.

I think that Focus expansion was more directly tied to fighting Sentients, though. Recall those weird looking kettle-gunship styled Sentient exo-armours? They said that defeating them will have something to do with Focus.

2 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I think that Focus expansion was more directly tied to fighting Sentients, though. Recall those weird looking kettle-gunship styled Sentient exo-armours? They said that defeating them will have something to do with Focus.

My logic for using Focus to defeat Umbras are as follow:

What you said is right, Focus expansion was more directly tied to fighting Sentients. Shadow Stalker is now kinda Sentient-Warframe hybrid. Shadow Stalker's model is based on Umbra, so maybe Focus is needed to defeat Umbra, maybe because he can't dispel Focus abilities.

Sentient->Shadow Stalker->Umbra

7 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

If that's the case, that leaves three options:

1. Umbras are truly, honestly non-player accessible. This would be deliciously rage inducing. It would be amazing. I would simply sit at my computer crying with laughter, helplessly clapping my hands like a sealion and making amusing honking noises. (DE are not going to do this. It would be the most spectacular act of trolling that I have ever seen. They would have my eternal allegiance until the final battle at the end of all time if they did it, but they won't.)

2. Umbras are antagonistic creations which players would have to fight off/hunt down. Successfully defeating an Umbra 'frame would grant you fragments and blueprints which would then need to be modified for use through Transference. This might lead to a frigging awesome quest about recovering the ancient labs and development temples of the original Warframe project, to access the data needed to recalibrate those control systems.

3. Umbras truly are for the edgelords who wish to kill their human bodies and permanently transfer into a Warframe. Ok, sure. I'd be cool with people doing this. I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't stop anyone else from doing so.

1. Delicious, delicious salt. 

2. Sounds legit.

3. I don't think this would ever happen. All the money anyone spent on Prime Access, skipping Ivara, Mesa, Hydroid etc. grind, and Warframe inventory slots would be completely wasted, and once you went Umbra, you'd never be able to try out new frames or bounce around between frames. Unless you lock your Umbra in the "basement" in the place of the Tenno. Yay. You cute little edgelord, you freed your Warframe from your Tenno, only to confine the Warframe to the Transference chair piloting other Warframes. 

So have you made up your minds about stalker and the accolytes? Are they Umbra?

It's cheesy that Umbra is a shadow so the connection is allready there. But the whole Guardians legacy will never let me rest untill that part of the past is explained. 

20 hours ago, arch111 said:

So have you made up your minds about stalker and the accolytes? Are they Umbra?

It's cheesy that Umbra is a shadow so the connection is allready there. But the whole Guardians legacy will never let me rest untill that part of the past is explained. 

i had a theory on stalker and acolytes being servants for the executors, but thats was just speculation 

the only info that ties the umbras to the stalker/acolytes 

is that the stalkers (shadow stalker model) has the same base model design as umbra Excalibur. but there is no current proof beyond using the same model 

the other idea is shadows are the frames that will get umbra variants  

but again no proof....

only when umbra(s) are finally unleashed with lore and cannon background story can we start tying the threads together, till then all we have is conjecture and hypothesis 

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed image

5 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Remember this post so that you'll know I was right when U19 comes out: Umbra is an unoperated warframe, pariah, rage broken free from operator's control.

Well, that's cool and all, but if that's the case then it means that I have no interest in allowing the thing anywhere near my carrier.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Well, that's cool and all, but if that's the case then it means that I have no interest in allowing the thing anywhere near my carrier.

I guess we'll be able to tame him somehow.

Edited by Ksaero

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

which is a breech of eula .....

Just seen it in a russian warframe-themed public, not sure if it's true or not.

Edited by Ksaero

5 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

Not by my hand :D Seen it in a russian warframe-themed public.

datamined info  can be slight of hand , DE has done that trick once or twice 

so I question reliability of it .. were was the info mined from? i havent seen umbra info/items in builds, ect 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

datamined info  can be slight of hand , DE has done that trick once or twice 

so I question reliability of it .. were was the info mined from? i havent seen umbra info in builds, ect 

No idea.

Edited by Ksaero

11 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

hmm there are a few lines i find fishy in that but some stand out 

from what im reading the context of demon and darkness refer to that sentient arm 

2016-PAX-East-ExoSentientAndWeapon.jpg

Oh so the leaks were true.

Edited by Wevi

1 minute ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

im still readign through it..its a LOT of stuff, some of it seems to be from the old  darksector game as well (reused code?) 

It's not leaks for say. Saying for what it's actually called will restore in a ban. Pretty much most of Warwithin has been put out there.