The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

44 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

maybe maybe not :smile: we will see in in new big update... :cool:  but you can see that there he has in between his legs also...

W6mS7c9.jpg?1

We all have one of those, unless you're talking about his new loincloth, which might be a hint for new cosmetics, similar to the ones worn by shadow stalker and Umbra Excal Prime

2 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

We all have one of those, unless you're talking about his new loincloth, which might be a hint for new cosmetics, similar to the ones worn by shadow stalker and Umbra Excal Prime

Yes I'm talking about that :smile: its more like good easter egg...

Edited by Vlada91

7 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

Yes I'm talking about that :smile: its more like good easter egg...

I dislike the looks of teshin's new cosmetics, anyways I like seeing a new loincloth, which as you said, might be a hint that DE will add more customization choices. Like it or not, even when Umbra uses one, i guess it still a little bit too soon to start the hype train

5 hours ago, -----LegioN----- said:

Supporters across all platforms get nothing but gimmicky cosmetics, everything else can be farmed or obtained through trading

not true, pc still has 5 exclusive items and chinaframe has an exclusive frame. The only spot you can play warframe without it having an exclusive item is on console. Even pc has its own cosmetics like jade and obsidian in the form of phased and rubido skins. My though is i think DE intended to make it the console exclusive frame that we need but didn't want to peeve off there pc fan base. I only suggest this because of the long radio silence he have had from DE on the topic. We have known about aboutumbra for almost a year and this is the only reason i can think of the delay for.   

1 minute ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

not true, pc still has 5 exclusive items and chinaframe has an exclusive frame. The only spot you can play warframe without it having an exclusive item is on console. Even pc has its own cosmetics like jade and obsidian in the form of phased and rubido skins. My though is i think DE intended to make it the console exclusive frame that we need but didn't want to peeve off there pc fan base. I only suggest this because of the long radio silence he have had from DE on the topic. We have known about aboutumbra for almost a year and this is the only reason i can think of the delay for.  

I wouldn't even call Umbra Prime exclusive because were getting the same thing but with pbr. I don't know what the stats are, but hopefully the same as Excalibur prime. Keyface is the only frame that's prime to anyone. I really don't want de ever doing an exclusive frame ever again. I make it part of my duty collect the frames and it hurts me enough having a gaping hole where Excalibur prime would sit if I could get him. Its the whole reason I want umbra, to fill that void, to have a shiny gold Excalibur. I honestly think umbra looks better than keyface anyway. Alot more effort went into his design, so he's more visually satisfying anyway.

1 minute ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

I wouldn't even call Umbra Prime exclusive because were getting the same thing but with pbr. I don't know what the stats are, but hopefully the same as Excalibur prime. Keyface is the only frame that's prime to anyone. I really don't want de ever doing an exclusive frame ever again. I make it part of my duty collect the frames and it hurts me enough having a gaping hole where Excalibur prime would sit if I could get him. Its the whole reason I want umbra, to fill that void, to have a shiny gold Excalibur. I honestly think umbra looks better than keyface anyway. Alot more effort went into his design, so he's more visually satisfying anyway.

That kinda why i think it going to be console exclusive so console could fill the Excalibur prime gap with an umbra. so pc will have all primes but console will have all umbras. Still they there is something charming about key face that makes me want him really badly. Also i collect the frames too and I think console having umbra would fill the gap rather nicely. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

That kinda why i think it going to be console exclusive so console could fill the Excalibur prime gap with an umbra. so pc will have all primes but console will have all umbras. Still they there is something charming about key face that makes me want him really badly. Also i collect the frames too and I think console having umbra would fill the gap rather nicely.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

or howabout we stop fulfilling everyones desire to be a special snowflake and everyone gets everything else from now on? Excalibur Prime shoulda never been made exclusive its the worst most salt-inducing thing de did and it made alotta people mad. They wrote his exclusivity into some moron founder promise and there's no legal way of turning back, believe me, I wish there was, but making more exclusive frames will just make more salt. So no more exclusive frames for the love of god.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

or howabout we stop fulfilling everyones desire to be a special snowflake and everyone gets everything else from now on? Excalibur Prime shoulda never been made exclusive its the worst most salt-inducing thing de did and it made alotta people mad. They wrote his exclusivity into some moron founder promise and there's no legal way of turning back, believe me, I wish there was, but making more exclusive frames will just make more salt. So no more exclusive frames for the love of god.

What about the founders who transferred and lost there exclusive items. That is not fair to them. If umbra became an exclusive they can get there exclusive items back in a way. There more to it than a special snow flake dude. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

What about the founders who transferred and lost there exclusive items. That is not fair to them. If umbra became an exclusive they can get there exclusive items back in a way. There more to it than a special snow flake dude. 

They knew what they were getting into when they transferred their account. If they didn't, then it's a lesson to read and gather more info next time.

It's definitely about being a special snowflake. If you're asking for something to be an exclusive that is only available to a small handful of people, you're trying to be one of the special snowflakes.

3 hours ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

What about the founders who transferred and lost there exclusive items

Transferring copies, it doesn't cut. Founders who transferred still have their exclusives on PC.

No to all of this. Just no.

Just now, EmptyDevil said:

They knew what they were getting into when they transferred their account. If they didn't, then it's a lesson to read and gather more info next time.

It's definitely about being a special snowflake. If you're asking for something to be an exclusive that is only available to a small handful of people, you're trying to be one of the special snowflakes.

Not true all 5 exclusive weapons were not removed from the first wave of transfers and were still very usable. They were STRIPED from there accounts after enough console players belly ached about the unfair advantage. So no they didn't know what they were getting into and its not about being a special snow flake.  

36 minutes ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

And what about the thousands and thousands of non founder pc players??? 

I could understand, maybe, a bit, if it was released to everyone but founders, not only to console players, despite them being for sure in the need of a compensation as a whole. 

As I said many times, the whole community would deserve Excalibur Prime, so at the very least everyone deserves a deluxe version of the poster boy,being it Umbra or whatever. 

1 minute ago, siralextraffo said:

And what about the thousands and thousands of non founder pc players??? 

I could understand, maybe, a bit, if it was released to everyone but founders, not only to console players, despite them being for sure in the need of a compensation as a whole. 

As I said many times, the whole community would deserve Excalibur Prime, so at the very least everyone deserves a deluxe version of the poster boy,being it Umbra or whatever. 

I mean its fair, I wish everyone had a chance to have Excalibur prime regardless of platform (including china). Seeing how the prime version of him is almost as much a poster boy as the normal version. Too bad DE cant do what LoL did with exclusive skins and just re-release them anyway and provide a unique cosmetic as compensation ( Riot put a watermark like thing over the skin during load screens to show that person had the skin first.) It almost seems like being console exclusive was probably what inspired umbra. I think he was going to be an exclusive but there is probably a conflict in the offices of how to implement it. I think that what they intended and thats probably why it is taking so long for solid news.  

1 hour ago, (PS4)sphinxy111 said:

I mean its fair, I wish everyone had a chance to have Excalibur prime regardless of platform (including china). Seeing how the prime version of him is almost as much a poster boy as the normal version. Too bad DE cant do what LoL did with exclusive skins and just re-release them anyway and provide a unique cosmetic as compensation ( Riot put a watermark like thing over the skin during load screens to show that person had the skin first.)

So, you're basically saying that it's fair forgetting about every single player who has been here without a founders pack but maybe playing even from way before the game got to consoles just in order to let console players get an exclusive frame regardless if they have been playing the game since the first day on consoles release or if they are meeting the game a few days before its release. basically "f*ck pc players even if most of them can't get the only exclusive warframe in the game anymore"

It almost seems like being console exclusive was probably what inspired umbra. I think he was going to be an exclusive but there is probably a conflict in the offices of how to implement it. I think that what they intended and thats probably why it is taking so long for solid news.  

Not even close, like it or not, the Umbra Excalibur we know, which started all of the umbra topic almost a year ago, was made for chinese players, given that warframe was getting into a new market, with a new version, which needed suport too, and in a successful attempt from DE to keep the promised exclusivity of excal prime to our founders, they created the "shadow sanctuary sword" (or something like that) aka Excalibur Umbra Prime that now we ant. I bet that If DE had given Excal Prime to ChagYou, the topic would be just another try to beat a dead horse while many players would be asing "why was the promise broken for the chinese but not for us?" and the question that might come from most players, founders and non founders alike would be something along the lines of how much does actually DE care about us, their community, but instead, I think DE took the best way to follow, keeping their promise and giving us something else while using it as a chance to expand the lore, releasing it for every single player regardless of their platform, time playing, wallet size, region, etc. in order to keep things actually fair to the whole community

23 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

So, you're basically saying that it's fair forgetting about every single player who has been here without a founders pack but maybe playing even from way before the game got to consoles just in order to let console players get an exclusive frame regardless if they have been playing the game since the first day on consoles release or if they are meeting the game a few days before its release. basically "f*ck pc players even if most of them can't get the only exclusive warframe in the game anymore"

to be fair pc had 100% more chance to get excal prime than console. its one thing if the consoles had a chance to own it but they never did. The pack was off sale a week or so before launch on ps4. Also my note on the umbra half possible being an exclusive so isn't that far fetched. with every region (yes from what i understand more exclusives to come) getting an exclusive frame the only place you can't have an exclusive frame is on console. Plus it would be a cute idea for all primes on pc and all umbras on console. It sorta makes like a team spirit. Team prime or umbra. Again is possibly being a console exclusive might explain the silence on the subject and how quickly DE tend to dodge questions about it. also who is to say whats fair when there is a clear inequality on all platforms (pc, console, and china)

Edited by (PS4)sphinxy111
spelling and grammer

to be fair pc had 100% more chance to get excal prime than console.

3 years ago, since then nobody can get an exclusive frame in pc nor consoles, just chinaframe, but that's totally another game run by another publisher. Currently both, pc and consoles have exactly the same 0% chances of getting an exclusive warframe.

The pack was off sale a week or so before launch on ps4.

And that's a great reason to screw pc players who got to the game before console launch but didn't get a founders pack because of any reason.

Also my note on the umbra half possible being an exclusive so isn't that far fetched. with every region (yes from what i understand more exclusives to come) getting an exclusive frame the only place you can't have an exclusive frame is on console.

You're talking almost as if founders pack was still available but only for pc players. As I said before, it's been almost 3 years with pc and console players having the same 0% chances of owning an exclusive warframe, and given the salt over Excalibur prime's exclusivity during all this time, I'm pretty sure DE has already read, understood and assimilated the message of how bad is for a community having gameplay related exclusive content not available for everyone in the same way, being most likely that the exact reason why most platform exclusives are just cosmetic items. There's already some salt for exclusive skins, can you imagine how it could be if suddenly another weapon or warframe did his way to platform exclusivity?

Plus it would be a cute idea for all primes on pc and all umbras on console. It sorta makes like a team spirit. Team prime or umbra.

Might be cute for those getting it, but clearly not for those who have been waiting for an upgrade to Excalibur since founders pack ended. You keep talking like if any pc player could still get a founder pack when that's not the situation.

Team prime or umbra. Again is possibly being a console exclusive might explain the silence on the subject and how quickly DE tend to dodge questions about it. also who is to say whats fair when there is a clear inequality on all platforms (pc, console, and china)

I guess the big delay and secrecy about Umbra(s) has more to do with DE never expecting us, global players, to discover the Excalibur Umbra Prime from originators pack than with preparing a console exclusive warframe "to even the grounds through disparity."

19 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

I guess the big delay and secrecy about Umbra(s) has more to do with DE never expecting us, global players, to discover the Excalibur Umbra Prime from originators pack than with preparing a console exclusive warframe "to even the grounds through disparity."

I agree with this and I guess that at first it was not supposed to be linked to any quest or anything, so it took a while to figure out what to do, especially considering that when we discovered Umbra they were preparing for U18!

22 minutes ago, -----LegioN----- said:

3 years ago, since then nobody can get an exclusive frame in pc nor consoles, just chinaframe, but that's totally another game run by another publisher. Currently both, pc and consoles have exactly the same 0% chances of getting an exclusive warframe.

And that's a great reason to screw pc players who got to the game before console launch but didn't get a founders pack because of any reason.

You're talking almost as if founders pack was still available but only for pc players. As I said before, it's been almost 3 years with pc and console players having the same 0% chances of owning an exclusive warframe, and given the salt over Excalibur prime's exclusivity during all this time, I'm pretty sure DE has already read, understood and assimilated the message of how bad is for a community having gameplay related exclusive content not available for everyone in the same way, being most likely that the exact reason why most platform exclusives are just cosmetic items. There's already some salt for exclusive skins, can you imagine how it could be if suddenly another weapon or warframe did his way to platform exclusivity?

Might be cute for those getting it, but clearly not for those who have been waiting for an upgrade to Excalibur since founders pack ended. You keep talking like if any pc player could still get a founder pack when that's not the situation.

I talk as if pc had the chance. Sorry but, Its not my fault you didn't get Excalibur prime but pc players had the option to, even if they didn't know it. No one would be getting the middle finger, like they had the chance to own 5 exclusive items, sorry if they joined late after the game was successful on there platform. But the grounds are so uneven that something needs to be done. Console needs more exclusives and china needs two or three more exclusive (idk how many exclusive weapons they have atm but i know of atleast one). like i would totes be happy with a re-release of all exclusive content. (not that would open up anything i have that isn't cosmetic). Console needs an exclusive to compete all the other platforms, it feels the way umbra came about like that was the goal. I guess DE could be afraid of salty pc players which is fair. 

-snip-

This entire conversation is pointless and is basing itself off of entitlement and flawed logic. Umbra is being released to all players, much to your dismay or not. This is the current case, and it will remain.